I dont know about you guys...

MississippiVol

Personally, I like the position we are in headed into next year. Because of our QB situation people aren't expecting much from us, and are overlooking us. I think that puts us in a position to sneak up on some folks this year. Of course, I realize things may not work out like we hope, but I am certainly not underestimating our guys before they have even played a agame yet. This is a big if here, but if our running game can start to click again, this will be a tremendous help for our offense. Defensively, I like where we are with our D-Line, and just absolutely love the position we are in at LB. It is so good when you can take the Kevin's out for a breather, and put in Marvin Mitchell and Omar Gaither, and not see any drop off. The pass rush should be improved which in turn will help our young secondary. Regardless of what happens this season, I will wear my orange proudly, and defend it with honor and zeal!!! :good:

I am worried to be honest. I think we are going in a good direction but good enough to be where we used to be in the mid-late 90's? I question it...

Originally posted by U-T@May 23, 2004 3:17 PM
I am worried to be honest. I think we are going in a good direction but good enough to be where we used to be in the mid-late 90's? I question it...

You know, U-T, I am concerned myself, but hopefully our guys will pull together, and play as a team this year. They took a big step last year. That was something we had absolutely none of in the 2002 season, and it absolutely killed us, but going into that season, the expectations were so high coming off the 2001 win at the Swamp, and the thrashing of Michigan. I hope this year, our guys will just go out, and have fun; take it seriously, but play to win instead of playing not to lose. Will it happen? Who knows? I'm still pretty optomistic, but it is a very cautious optomism.

I'm trying not to set my expectations too high this year. I remember a couple of seasons ago when we were ranked pre-season #5 and I was SO excited. We ended up not even ranked. I guess time will tell, eh?

i remember, back in the fall of '97, i told everyone that i didn't expect much from the vols that season. well, we all know what happened. i have the same feeling this year....maybe, just maybe it will turn out the same :cross:

I expect the same crappy offensive calls that will give us close game after close game. We will suck again offensively.

I think we'll loose at least 3 games, and probably 1 or 2 more. We will loose another "Memphis" game which will be due to horrible play calling to a truely weak school that should have no business being on the field with us.

Heck, if UNLV can put together a few touchdowns they might take us down on national tv.

My prediction for first play of the season....Run up the middle for no gain. Get ready for a season full of screen passes (a la Tee Martin days) for no gains followed by 3rd and long. And hey, it's 3rd and long...better hand it off inside and try to pound for a couple of yards.

Originally posted by DrRosenRosen@May 24, 2004 2:31 PM
I expect the same crappy offensive calls that will give us close game after close game. We will suck again offensively.

I think we'll loose at least 3 games, and probably 1 or 2 more. We will loose another "Memphis" game which will be due to horrible play calling to a truely weak school that should have no business being on the field with us.

Heck, if UNLV can put together a few touchdowns they might take us down on national tv.

My prediction for first play of the season....Run up the middle for no gain. Get ready for a season full of screen passes (a la Tee Martin days) for no gains followed by 3rd and long. And hey, it's 3rd and long...better hand it off inside and try to pound for a couple of yards.

Are you SERIOUS???

I'm so bored with the "We suck"/"Fire Coach ________" crowd. The numbers just don't back it up.

Actually, I like the position of our team from the point that expectations are not that high. We play much better from the "underdog' role. I think we will have a similar season to last year. If you take away the bowl loss, a 10 win regular season is a good year in my book.

I am not saying that we don't have the talent or coaching to win but I look at other teams and I just see better programs right now. I didn't feel this way in the late 90's either as I felt we actually were better then everyone else with a few bounces. Now I feel as if UGA and LSU are taking over the SEC. :unsure: :blink: :bad: :bad: :bad:

VN Store

Back