I can't support Butch anymore

Please cite examples of how our coaches didn't "put 21 year old players" in a position to "win" in those two football games? Coaches call plays from the press box or sidelines, and players line up in that scheme to try to stop the next play. Period. Exactly what play, of which game, would you have done something different. Let's hear your coaching ideas for how to stop Shepard and that Florida receiver that juked our DB's and raced 70 yards untouched. Please share...
They got conservative and didn't call the right plays.gotta keep the pressure on.. read the maxims.. we coached to lose the Oklahoma game.. dive, dive, screen pass, punt...

Reactions: 2 people
Chip Kelly to UT sounds a lot more appealing this week than it did last week.

Big time players...make big time plays...in big time games. We needed a stop on 4th and 14 and didn't get it. Butch cannot tackle that guy. Butch cannot take bad angles as he races 70 yards down the boundary untouched. Coaching wasn't the problem tonight. Players not making plays ... was.

I'm still on CBJ train until 8 wins is not possible. That was the number for this year. I said this game would not be won and that 8 wins would still be possible. It's a tough road now. Team got to go 6-2 now to make the 8. I'll be back on my couch next week hoping that CBJ takes a smart pill and beats ARK.

You don't win championships with prevent, you win championships with pressure.

That's funny because we used to have a Defensive coordinator that brought "pressure" and we all wanted to fire him too. His name was "Chavis". He's doing ok now.

I walked outside and turned the TV off with 4 minutes left. Knew he would choke it away

Worst Florida team since the 70s

I did the same thing. I told my wife, when they scored to make it 27-21, that TN was going to lose. She said "No way".

RS Frosh QB, 3 TRUE FRESHMAN OL, missing 2 KEY Defensive Starters, AND a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH.

CMON MAN:blink:

They got conservative and didn't call the right plays.gotta keep the pressure on.. read the maxims.. we coached to lose the Oklahoma game.. dive, dive, screen pass, punt...

These ppl won't lay off the KoolAid. They love Butch even if he looses over and over.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not gutless when you have the lead and you run the football to run the clock. Stupid would have been throwing the football and having the clock stop on each down we missed the completion. In case you haven't noticed, we run the football much better than we throw it. And we had the lead doing that. Last drive we ran wide and threw the ball like we should have. Not sure what you expected in that situation.

You are defending the indefensible. Your strategy lost.

Tennessee was in a VERY dark place 3 years ago. Coach Jones deserves our support and should be afforded MORE opportunity than 20-something games. Yes, we should have won the Florida game both this year and last. We didn't. We move on to Arkansas.
We're still in that dark place

Please cite examples of how our coaches didn't "put 21 year old players" in a position to "win" in those two football games? Coaches call plays from the press box or sidelines, and players line up in that scheme to try to stop the next play. Period. Exactly what play, of which game, would you have done something different. Let's hear your coaching ideas for how to stop Shepard and that Florida receiver that juked our DB's and raced 70 yards untouched. Please share...

I'll give you one, 2 dive calls, and a QB end call, then punt with more than 2 minutes left to a team that has momentum.

When Bear Bryant was once asked what had made him so successful in football he answered "Great assistant coaches". I never thought Fulmer was a great coach, but he may have been the greatest recruiter of his time and he had great assistants who did the coaching. Maybe that is what Butch needs to do, find great OC's and DC's.

I did the same thing. I told my wife, when they scored to make it 27-21, that TN was going to lose. She said "No way".

RS Frosh QB, 3 TRUE FRESHMAN OL, missing 2 KEY Defensive Starters, AND a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH.

CMON MAN:blink:

Can't count how many times at this point I have looked over and told my girlfriend it's over we are going to lose.

Big time players...make big time plays...in big time games. We needed a stop on 4th and 14 and didn't get it. Butch cannot tackle that guy. Butch cannot take bad angles as he races 70 yards down the boundary untouched. Coaching wasn't the problem tonight. Players not making plays ... was.

You are clueless. It's almost funny we lost just to see you and your kind peddling your Butch juice...

I'd take chip over butch anyday all day long... if you think butch is a better coach than chip, then I got some ocean front property in PA I'd love to sell you...and pro football is a hell of a lot different than college, ask teblow, or RGme...

No you wouldn't. As soon as Chip Kelly lost to Florida or Alabama or Georgia, you'd be one of the first to call for his firing too. You'd take Chip Kelly for 5 games, then you'd be right back here telling me how I don't know anything about coaching and that Kelly needs to go in favor of Jon Gruden or maybe his brother, who certainly will be available in a few months. Just stop this insanity of wanting to fire the best leader this program has had in many years. We'll get this thing sorted out. Relax.

That's funny because we used to have a Defensive coordinator that brought "pressure" and we all wanted to fire him too. His name was "Chavis". He's doing ok now.

3rd and Chavis is a thing because he didn't bring pressure, smarty.

You are running outta excuses... 3 more losses are right around the corner...

No you wouldn't. As soon as Chip Kelly lost to Florida or Alabama or Georgia, you'd be one of the first to call for his firing too. You'd take Chip Kelly for 5 games, then you'd be right back here telling me how I don't know anything about coaching and that Kelly needs to go in favor of Jon Gruden or maybe his brother, who certainly will be available in a few months. Just stop this insanity of wanting to fire the best leader this program has had in many years. We'll get this thing sorted out. Relax.
Nope... cause chip would beat 1 or 2 outta the three, butch hasn't beaten any of them..

You are clueless. It's almost funny we lost just to see you and your kind peddling your Butch juice...

For your information, I'm not peddling "butch juice". I wasn't in favor of Coach Jones coming, but to call for his firing because we lost another game to the Florida Gators is lunacy. As I said before, 4th and 14 and we looked brilliant. Then that dude put a spin move on and raced for 70 and suddenly its a coaching issue. I don't think so.

VN Store

Back