I came into this season

themoodystwo

VOLS BY FIDDY
I came in this football season disapointed and by the end of the season I am really feeling good about our team and coach dooley in 2011 and whaere we are at.

still cant get over not being 8-4. we have a chance to get a monumental win for Dooley @ LSU and we put more then 11 on the field, then we have 3 chances to beat another quality opponent (UF,UGA,USC) and make a series of key mistakes that have nothing to do with talent or attrition, that lose us the game. (Gordon 3 punts fumbled... the 4th and 10 that Florida converted, the UF pick in the endzone)

still cant get over not being 8-4. we have a chance to get a monumental win for Dooley @ LSU and we put more then 11 on the field, then we have 3 chances to beat another quality opponent (UF,UGA,USC) and make a series of key mistakes that have nothing to do with talent or attrition, that lose us the game. (Gordon 3 punts fumbled... the 4th and 10 that Florida converted, the UF pick in the endzone)

That happens with a young and no experence team. Tennessee D will be better when we get bigger bodies up front. Wilcox can only do so much. With lack of size and no backups. I really like Dooley and what he did with this team. I never thought we would be going to a bowl game this year.

Mistakes were made, yes. But to say that those three losses had nothing to do with talent or attrition is just plain dumb. You fail miserably sir.

Money shots aside we progressed this year like most reluctantly expected. Which when you get as negative as this fan base can then going break even is a pleasant suprise.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The 2005 team went 5-6 with WAY more talent. If this team can pull off 6-6, I have a good feeling better days are ahead

OT, but was the last time College Gameday was here, against Miami? That's the last time I remember.

I wanna say it was in '04 and I think we were playing bama. Corso gave lots of complements. he said there was nothing like tailgating by the river with 100k fans. and then he didnt pick us to win.

I was excited for football to start coming into the season, but knew we had an uphill climb. I honestly was expecting a 5-7 or 4-8 type of year, but am pleasantly surprised and happy with a 6-6 season given the circumstances. I know that 6-6 is nothing to be excited about, but I think winning out with 4 straight combined with new life at the QB position has really changed a lot of tunes around here. It's hard not to be optimistic with the young players on the roster and a bowl game to be played.

That being said, another angle I've tried to keep an eye on is the overall attitude of our players and their energy on the field. Both seem to be great right now which can be attributed to winning of course, but I think they were finally starting to gel as a team there towards the end of the season. Progress was being made whether or not we were winning the game and I think everyone could sense it.

As others have mentioned, the additional practice time for the bowl game will really help this team out and I think we are ahead of schedule in terms of returning to form so to speak. Overall, the future looks bright and should be a lot of fun to watch. We still have some work to do, but the key components are starting to take shape and the foundation is being laid as we speak.

The 2005 team went 5-6 with WAY more talent. If this team can pull off 6-6, I have a good feeling better days are ahead

This

A win against ANYBODY in ANY BOWL, 7-6 finish, and I feel pretty decent about where we are headed in the future under Dooley.
Flame me if you will, but if we loose in a bowl and finish 6-7, I don't feel like we're doing much better.

What does all this mean? Simple. A win in a bowl leaves fans "feeling" good whereas a loss in a bowl leaves fans "feeling" not so good.

:loco:
I love this sign.

This

A win against ANYBODY in ANY BOWL, 7-6 finish, and I feel pretty decent about where we are headed in the future under Dooley.
Flame me if you will, but if we loose in a bowl and finish 6-7, I don't feel like we're doing much better.

What does all this mean? Simple. A win in a bowl leaves fans "feeling" good whereas a loss in a bowl leaves fans "feeling" not so good.

:loco:
I love this sign.

Just depends on how close your "feelings" are to reality.

How you been feelin' since 2001?

:)

Dooley is a class act and a genuine motivator, which has paid off for this young team. I'm looking forward to more from him, Bray and the youngsters left after this season! GO VOLS!

Teams as inexperienced as we were at that time make those kinds of mistakes. It's inevitable. If we'd gone 8-4 against that schedule with the personnel we had, it would have been a miracle.

It has been an admirable finish to a season that appeared to be headed into the worse record in modern history. Let's just be satisfied with that, dwelling on what might have been just makes you frustrated and results in posting foolish statements.

Here's to Coach Dooley, I'm starting to like that boy.

VN Store

Back