I believe Jeremy Banks is coming back..

CA_Vol

2019 regular season: Total games each Tennessee player appeared in

I hadn’t considered this, but according to the article, Banks only played in four games this year. Obviously, his dismissal occurred quite rapidly after another incident occurred, but I also find it too convenient that it did so right at the four games played mark.

In the interim, Banks has clearly been working to rebuild his reputation and has maintained contact with Volnation through social media.

I believe he’s coming back next year. And hopefully he will have learned his lesson and make the most of his opportunity.

Last edited:
I hope he EARNS a second chance, not just for the football aspect but for his own development as a person. It's my understanding that to do so he must first be reinstated by the student honor council to an active student status.

I hadn’t considered this, but according to the article, Banks only played in four games this year. Obviously, his dismissal occurred quite rapidly after another incident occurred, but I also find it too convenient that it did so right at the four games played mark.

In the interim, Banks has clearly been working to rebuild his reputation and has maintained contact with Volnation through social media.

I believe he’s coming back next year. And hopefully he will have learned his lesson and make the most of his opportunity.
It's pretty telling since he has not entered the transfer portal.

Would be shocked if this happens. Would set a bad precedent. If you're booted, you should stay booted. I wish the best for him, and I hope he goes somewhere and kills it. Just my opinion, don't kill me.

Edit: What made the Jajaun case different was that Pruitt didn't kick him off. I think it's a much different scenario.

Would be shocked if this happens. Would set a bad precedent. If you're booted, you should stay booted. I wish the best for him, and I hope he goes somewhere and kills it. Just my opinion, don't kill me.

Edit: What made the Jajaun case different was that Pruitt didn't kick him off. I think it's a much different scenario.
Initially I thought the same. I think, however, this is sort of a last chance for this guy in life as to whether he can make something better of himself or be a detriment to society. I think he should be given another shot if his coaches and peers think he should be allowed back.

Initially I thought the same. I think, however, this is sort of a last chance for this guy in life as to whether he can make something better of himself or be a detriment to society. I think he should be given another shot if his coaches and peers think he should be allowed back.

Maybe as a manager or something first. But I don't think his scholly is good without playing football. Idk. I see your point as well, but I also think he's talented enough that someone would take him elsewhere

Reactions: vols40
My concern is the mindset behind what he said while he was in the back of that police car. He can say what he wants now, and maybe he has in fact had a change of heart. If so, then he deserves another chance.

But like my old Grandpa said...zebra can't change its' stripes. I have my concerns that Jeremy is doing what he has to do to get back on the field, and then to the NFL.

If it's the latter, I'd rather him do it elsewhere. Later on, when he makes the news again (in a bad light), I'd rather it not be associated with UT Football.

Go Vols.

I think there are some parallels to the JJ thing. First I've got to think with all the things he had going when first coming onboard as Vols HC, that spending ANY time on JJ's case would be the last thing a new coach would do. Yet he did, he spent a lot of time on it. So for whatever reason CJP didn't do the obvious but found a way for JJ to come back. If you'll recall early on when he was questioned about it Pruitt gave nebulous answers like "well he has to do some things to become part of the team again." So this was not a willy nilly "we gotta find a way to keep this guy!" thing. It was taken out of the public domain, took the pressure off the youngster and he apparently did what was required. In my head, I'm thinking Pruitt is managing Banks the same way. He has taken this out of the public domain for now. Banks is simply not part of the team. But is he doing things Pruitt requires to come back? He's still in school, he made a very public apology to the guys on the police force he wronged with his mouth, he's not anywhere in the news in a negative way since, so we really don't know if there's a list he has to do to work his way back or not. But there very well could be one and how Banks manages that if it exists, will let Pruitt know if he can trust the guy to be part of the foootball team again. We saw him do it with JJ, why not Banks?

Last edited:

This makes no sense.

I'm curious if he is still under a S&C program

It’s not. Booted is booted. Jauan had to work his way back onto the team. Why?

He shouldn’t have been kicked off the team in the first place.
And It’s not like any of those donut eating mouth breathers that threatened to ban the Vols have ever stepped foot in a classroom on campus or have the income to make any noticible blimp to UT’s bottom line in any area other than weiner sales.

VN Store

Back