I asked Scotty Hopson about his lack of play time in the second half...

Calling it a military town is a little misleading. Campbell certainly influences Clarksville (and Hopkinsville,) but the city has a population of over 100k as well as its own industry and identity. Oak Grove is without question a military town; Clarksville, in my opinion, is more of a town in close proximity to the base.

I disagree here I don't think Clarksville would have grown anywhere near as fast without Campbell. I think Campbell plays a lot bigger role than you might think. As evidenced by everytime the unit deploys a ton of places go out of business.

Scotty seems confused about the lack of PT...

If only someone on this board could ask Channing Crowder's opinion on the subject...surely he could shed some light on this.

This post deserves further recognition. Bravo.

He's transferring. He and Bruce got into an argument and Scotty can't handle it. You heard if first, if my sources are correct.

I really doubt that one. He is all about making it to the NBA and he is very clear about that. If he were to transfer he'd be sitting out the rest of this year and all next year and playing at a school like that would really hurt his shot in the NBA. So i'm really doubting that there is any bit or reality to that comment.

In my opinion FT. Polk, LA is the worse military post.

+1

Leesville has to be the worse town outside a post. That place is awful.

Ft. Irwin might be second worse for me. I always stay in Barstow when I have to go there and getting up and driving that long drive to post sucks. The actual post isn't bad though and you are also only a few hours from Vegas which makes that trip worth it for me usually.

He's transferring. He and Bruce got into an argument and Scotty can't handle it. You heard if first, if my sources are correct.

I really doubt that one. He is all about making it to the NBA and he is very clear about that. If he were to transfer he'd be sitting out the rest of this year and all next year and playing at a school like that would really hurt his shot in the NBA. So i'm really doubting that there is any bit or reality to that comment.

Sarcasm.

I disagree here I don't think Clarksville would have grown anywhere near as fast without Campbell. I think Campbell plays a lot bigger role than you might think. As evidenced by everytime the unit deploys a ton of places go out of business.

I'm just saying that there is more to Clarksville than just the fort. It would still be a thriving community without it, it just wouldn't thrive to the same degree. When I think "military town," I think Oak Grove. While businesses would close in Clarksville if the Ft. were gone, the city would survive with its own industry, medical community, river commerce, university, etc. Under the same circumstances, you would see tumbleweeds in the streets of Oak Grove within a month, as the city has no reason to exist without Campbell.

That is the distinction I was trying to make, whatever it is worth.

Last edited:

:crazy:

it's sad that this had to be said.

well you never know if people are being sarcastic or not when it comes to their opinions. ive heard some pretty outrageous stuff on here, far worse than Hopson transferring. i was just stating that i didnt think it was realistic, and im glad to know that he didnt either and that he was being sarcastic. Its just hard to tell if someone really is sarcastic about things like that when you read some of the stuff people say on here.

well you never know if people are being sarcastic or not when it comes to their opinions. ive heard some pretty outrageous stuff on here, far worse than Hopson transferring. i was just stating that i didnt think it was realistic, and im glad to know that he didnt either and that he was being sarcastic. Its just hard to tell if someone really is sarcastic about things like that when you read some of the stuff people say on here.

The smiley was the story.

Scotty seems confused about the lack of PT...

If only someone on this board could ask Channing Crowder's opinion on the subject...surely he could shed some light on this.

His advice would be to pick a fight with an abnormally large human being, get your butt kicked, and then run away from the beatdown while smiling at the fact that you just got humiliated on national tv.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back