I am enormously proud

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
of our players and our coaches. The scoreboard doesnt show it but they fought hard.

Best coaching I have seen from the staff all season. Players were on FIRE.

I thought we would be out of the game in the first Qtr but they actually made a game of it. If Maurer could have stayed in (and clearly he wanted to based on the face he was giving JP) we would have had a decent shot at winning in SPITE of the refs.

I do not remember ever seeing a game where the refs were so blatantly trying to ACTIVELY throw the game for a team. Both times we did that wildcat lineup they stopped the game (FOR NO DAMN REASON AT ALL) just to give bamma time to adjust. Momentum killers several times that made the difference and then gave bamma a chance to get the 1st down.

JG has given his all, even tried to go rogue and run that ball himself that got returned for a TD. Sadly, his all just really isnt good enough for this level of play. If we had had ANY downfield threat after BM left, we would have kept it tight to the end.

These coaches and players have gotten a lot of rightfully earned grief for the season so far. Its hard to believe that these same players lost to GAstate at the beginning of the season. But tonight they earned our full respect, they played with honor. I dont believe in moral victories but tonight showed that our team is improving, together with last weeks win, things are jelling (as long as we have a QB other than JG). Coaches are seeming to coach at the level their resumes say they should. We keep this up through the rest of the season, we might actually make a bowl. What gives me the most hope though is if Pruitt can get more of the type of players he is recruiting to fill up, I can actually believe their is a bright future for Big Orange again.

I am tickled the way the team responded this week. However I'm not ever going to be proud of losing no matter the effort involved. I saw a lot of both sides of the ball where we have improved and can build toward more wins. We need to cut the penalties way down, understand just like in baseball when dealing with a homecooking umpire, you have to adjust. Any time we play the Gumps you know they're going to get calls, add in Hubert who historically calls bad against UT and our kids need to adjust to that better. Jordan had a great game, Jennings played his heart out, made a couple of errors, had an obvious TD called back, the defense never gave up and fought hard the whole game, never saw any give up in them tonight. Jennings needs to be starting at QB behind Maurer if he can't go, Shrout does not have it. JG needs to turn in his jersey IMO.

of our players and our coaches. The scoreboard doesnt show it but they fought hard.

I thought we would be out of the game in the first Qtr but they actually made a game of it. If Maurer could have stayed in (and clearly he wanted to based on the face he was giving JP) we would have had a decent shot at winning in SPITE of the refs.

I do not remember ever seeing a game where the refs were so blatantly trying to ACTIVELY throw the game for a team. Both times we did that wildcat lineup they stopped the game (FOR NO DAMN REASON AT ALL) just to give bamma time to adjust. Momentum killers several times that made the difference and then gave bamma a chance to get the 1st down.

JG has given his all, even tried to go rogue and run that ball himself that got returned for a TD. Sadly, his all just really isnt good enough for this level of play. If we had had ANY downfield threat after BM left, we would have kept it tight to the end.

These coaches and players have gotten a lot of rightfully earned grief for the season so far. Its hard to believe that these same players lost to GAstate at the beginning of the season. But tonight they earned our full respect, they played with honor. I dont believe in moral victories but tonight showed that our team is improving, together with last weeks win, things are jelling (as long as we have a QB other than JG). Coaches are seeming to coach at the level their resumes say they should. We keep this up through the rest of the season, we might actually make a bowl. What gives me the most hope though is if Pruitt can get more of the type of players he is recruiting to fill up, I can actually believe their is a bright future for Big Orange again.

Well said...pruitt will get it done when we get more studs....loving the development

I am tickled the way the team responded this week. However I'm not ever going to be proud of losing no matter the effort involved. I saw a lot of both sides of the ball where we have improved and can build toward more wins. We need to cut the penalties way down, understand just like in baseball when dealing with a homecooking umpire, you have to adjust. Any time we play the Gumps you know they're going to get calls, add in Hubert who historically calls bad against UT and our kids need to adjust to that better. Jordan had a great game, Jennings played his heart out, made a couple of errors, had an obvious TD called back, the defense never gave up and fought hard the whole game, never saw any give up in them tonight. Jennings needs to be starting at QB behind Maurer if he can't go, Shrout does not have it. JG needs to turn in his jersey IMO.

I had to listen to this game on XM radio. Unfortunately the Volunteer Radio Network is not affiliated with XM radio but the Alabama Radio Network is. So I had to listen to Eli Gold make comments every now and then about Hubert being their broadcast partner on the field due to all the penalties he was announcing. I think once he even said they'd have to put him on the payroll if he kept it up.

Shows how far the program is down that folks are happy after a 22 point loss and team is 2-5 overall. Sad

Reactions: Scorpio
Shows how far the program is down that folks are happy after a 22 point loss and team is 2-5 overall. Sad
I'm not so sure anyone is "happy with a 22 point loss". I'm certainly not. I AM happy with the way the Vols fought the number one team in the nation AND officials who were absolutely there to help Alabama by any means necessary. I don't generally criticize officiating in a game. In a fair contest...calls generally "break both ways", and that's just part of the game. Last night the officials might as well have come on the field with "Roll Tide" shirts on.
Our guys showed a level of fire and motivation that will serve them well in the rest of the season if they keep it up. I've never see an entire offensive line pushing a running back YARDS downfield to pick up a first down. THAT's what we're happy to see.
GO Big Orange..!!

100% Nega-Vol, however, for the second game I see exactly what I’m looking for from a scheme, coaching, and effort standpoint. I’m as proud of my Vols in this loss as I was at the Oklahoma loss a few years back. I’m sensing a change in culture. I still don’t like Pruitt, and likely never will, but am seeing potential in his leadership and this staff.

I’m still not sure we get bowl eligible this year, but these boys are growing and becoming fun to watch again. I hope this trend continues.

And most importantly....Buck Fama.

No one is happy about losing that, most especially since with Maurer healthy and non-cheating refs, we could have actually beaten the #1 team in the country. But if you cant see real improvement in every aspect of our team (except for JG) last night, I dont think anything I can say will open your eyes.

A lot of things could have swung the score either way in that game last night.

I think Bama was shell shocked with Tagovailoa going down or they would have put up more points.

Believe the refs had a heavy hand in the outcome as well with plays discussed.

Guarantano making one of the most bone-headed and idiotic plays that I can recall a Vol player making was the final nail in the coffin for any chance of an upset.

That being said, defensive effort has been outstanding the past two games even if they are still having some horrendous missed assignments in the secondary. At least they are playing hard.

D line is also stepping up big and getting better as the season progresses. Playing very physical and think the light has come on for those guys last couple of games.

Offensive line is improving quickly and the wide receivers are competing on every pass. If they can keep Maurer upright the rest of the season, the offense should take some more steps forward.

Pruitt just needs to keep these guys playing hard and aggressive. Think the rest of this season needs to be about trying to build momentum for next year.

I’m tired of moral victories and losing to Bama again and again. And I’m really tired of losing to that dope Muschamp. Beat the chicken chokers!!!

Yup. Me and the family are headed to a pumpkin patch for some fun. I have everyone decked out in UT gear. Head held high.

Reactions: barryrules99
Shows how far the program is down that folks are happy after a 22 point Tand team is 2-5 overall. Sad
Every board needs a Captain Obvious. Thanks for bring that guy.

Pro tip: There is a difference between happy and recognizing improvement in a positive direction.Thank me

I’m tired of moral victories and losing to Bama again and again. And I’m really tired of losing to that dope Muschamp. Beat the chicken chokers!!!
Except last nights game isn't going to be like past years. This team is turning the corner and playing hard. This coaching staff can coach and we are heading up my friend UP.

Reactions: Gandalf
No one is happy about losing that, most especially since with Maurer healthy and non-cheating refs, we could have actually beaten the #1 team in the country. But if you cant see real improvement in every aspect of our team (except for JG) last night, I dont think anything I can say will open your eyes.
Some of you are also overlooking they played over half the game without Tua

Some of you are also overlooking they played over half the game without Tua

Not at all. With Tua still in the game, they would have no doubt put more points on the board earlier. That said, I think most people except the players and the coaches thought we would be down 21-0 by the end of the first QTR but that is not what happened. Bamma has more talent and way deeper than we do. That also showed down the stretch as guys got tired in the 4th QTR and the game jumped out of reach so Pruitt started giving new guys reps.

The fact that we were even in the game, that Bamma actually had to play for their lives for the first time this season really, says that our team is turning around. You could see it in their own confidence. We might have written them off after those first few losses and cursed Pruitt for his continuous bleat of "they are practicing well" but the players are responding to him, to the coaches, to the game.

We dont have all the horses we need to beat Bamma on a regular basis but we were in the game last night. So much so the referees had to OPENLY AND BLATANTLY CHEAT to ensure them the win. With Maurer in and Tua out and refs that are not getting bags of cash from Bamma, we had a strong shot of beating the #1 team in the country last night.

That is where we all hoped this team to be this year. We knew it was going to be a rebuild but wanted to see guys actually fighting and not quitting. Well we saw that in spades last night. We were worried when our first games were terrible but it has been getting better and better. That gives us all hope that, just maybe, Pruitt is going to turn this ship around that has been sinking the last decade. We have to see how the rest of the season plays out and the recruiting but based on what we saw last night, I have real hope that come Feb on NSD, we can begin to exhale and really believe that our beloved program has hit the bottom and is on its way back to our rightful place in the pantheon of football.

A lot of things could have swung the score either way in that game last night.

I think Bama was shell shocked with Tagovailoa going down or they would have put up more points.

Believe the refs had a heavy hand in the outcome as well with plays discussed.

Guarantano making one of the most bone-headed and idiotic plays that I can recall a Vol player making was the final nail in the coffin for any chance of an upset.

That being said, defensive effort has been outstanding the past two games even if they are still having some horrendous missed assignments in the secondary. At least they are playing hard.

D line is also stepping up big and getting better as the season progresses. Playing very physical and think the light has come on for those guys last couple of games.

Offensive line is improving quickly and the wide receivers are competing on every pass. If they can keep Maurer upright the rest of the season, the offense should take some more steps forward.

Pruitt just needs to keep these guys playing hard and aggressive. Think the rest of this season needs to be about trying to build momentum for next year.
I saw two QB sneaks...5th YEAR SENIOR did it wrong...Kid out of HIGH SCHOOL did it right.

VN Store

Back