I agree with this

Jimmy is correct (although I’m STILL pissed about 2001). Also, we went 29-5 (including the tourney) in the toughest conference in college baseball. I can’t even bear to watch the CWS with 4 inferior SEC team still alive. Aaarrrghhh!
I know I am the same way. I feel like Mudville after mighty Casey had struck out

I have always rooted for whoever ND opposition was, regardless of any circumstances . Year after year since 1947 (birth year) , ND has always been the most over rated team in America. Sure they have a good baseball team, but by far not the best our Vols have faced this year. Just my opinion and I respect yours !! My statement applies to ALL sports not just baseball.

I have always rooted for whoever ND opposition was, regardless of any circumstances . Year after year since 1947 (birth year) , ND has always been the most over rated team in America. Sure they have a good baseball team, but by far not the best our Vols have faced this year. Just my opinion and I respect yours !! My statement applies to ALL sports not just baseball.

ND is an excellent baseball team. Look what they did to Texas last night. They have good starting pitching and an outstanding bullpen. While they may not hit a ton of homers (unless they are playing us), they can hit. They seem to have a knack for getting the clutch hit which is even more important.

ND is an excellent baseball team. Look what they did to Texas last night. They have good starting pitching and an outstanding bullpen. While they may not hit a ton of homers (unless they are playing us), they can hit. They seem to have a knack for getting the clutch hit which is even more important.
base hits wins ballgames. ND can really hit , not sluggers but get base hits !!!!! I so agree with your post.

It was a memorable season, an exciting season, but a "rousing success"? Nope, I for one can't call it that. Ask any NHL team that's won the President's Trophy--best regular season record--but failed to make it to say, the Stanley Cup final if the season was a rousing success. They'd say absolutely not. Nobody outside of the team and its fans remembers or cares who was the best regular-season team. Remember all the talk about the Vols being the best college team ever, or one of them? You won't hear that referred to by anybody outside of Vols fans now. That's just the way it is when don't get it done in the playoffs.

They are all the way up to #2 in RPI now…..

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back