I’m hoping TCU & USC win out now

I agree. I said 3 weeks ago that a 1 loss Pac 12 champ USC/Oregon would likely pass us. Although, if they both were to lose Bama might get in the playoff which would put us in the Sugar bowl, at least I think.

Reactions: 08Vol
I agree. I said 3 weeks ago that a 1 loss Pac 12 champ USC/Oregon would likely pass us. Although, if they both were to lose Bama might get in the playoff which would put us in the Sugar bowl, at least I think.

Orange Bowl is Friday night prime time Dec 30. Sugar is 11am Dec 31. I think you get better exposure in the orange vs Clemson or NC than in Sugar vs KState.

Reactions: Exiled

You are correct. If Bama makes the playoffs, we are the highest ranked SEC team outside of the playoffs. According to the NY6 bowl rules, that would put us in the Sugar bowl.

I concur.

Georgia, MeatChicken, TCU and USC would be a refreshingly new and maybe interesting CFB.

TCU offensive line is still going to struggle against most everyone....including K State

The fact that the Sugar Bowl is an 11 am local time kick makes it less attractive to me. The Orange Bowl on a Friday at 8pm sounds good to me. Would love to put a beat down on either Clemson or UNC.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Orange Bowl is Friday night prime time Dec 30. Sugar is 11am Dec 31. I think you get better exposure in the orange vs Clemson or NC than in Sugar vs KState.
I
I agree, I just want to go to New Orleans myself.

The fact that the Sugar Bowl is an 11 am local time kick makes it less attractive to me. The Orange Bowl on a Friday at 8pm sounds good to me. Would love to put a beat down on either Clemson or UNC.
Can we beat either of those teams with Milton at QB?

You are correct. If Bama makes the playoffs, we are the highest ranked SEC team outside of the playoffs. According to the NY6 bowl rules, that would put us in the Sugar bowl.

Unless LSU finds some way to beat UGA. Sugar only takes the highest ranked SEC non playoff team if the SEC champion is in the playoffs.

I think so. Have you seen Clemson’s QB? Have you seen UNC’s defense? Both of those teams have huge deficiencies. Drake Maye is very good, but overall UNC is SOFT. I think we could run the ball very effectively if we played them. Clemson presents a bigger challenge bc their D is pretty stout, but Ukelele is not good.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I’m going to take the optimistic approach. Milton is going to have a number of practices with the first team. (I don’t know what the number is). He will have an opportunity to dial in to the prime guys.

Reactions: 99grad
We should be higher ranked than Bama now, SEC shows us number 2 in the league based off WIn/Loss and head to head competition, but your point is the CFP uses “style” points as if we are in a synchronized swimming competition!

I want TCU and USC to both lose, because our chances improve (at least in theory) for still somehow making the CFP. You never know how the committee will decide and we may look back on this years from now as our best chance (though I hope, like everyone else, that it is not). Cling to every last shred of hope, I say.

I am all for a TCU-USC championship game at this point.

Not into the mental gymnastics of trying to find a path for the Vols into the playoff and either the Orange or Sugar Bowl would be a consolation prize for the Vols this season.

Literally anyone to win the whole thing other than UGA, Michigan, OSU, Bama, or Clemson.

I want them both to win only because that’s the only way the committee will keep Bama out of the playoff. It’s complete BS but they will NOT put us in over them even though their own criteria say they should. So the only way they don’t force Bama into the playoff is if they both win and even then they mays till try to shove Bama in over one of them anyway

Tomorrow night will determine my opinion, if somehow we come in at 6 I am definitely hoping they both lose but if they put us at 7 I hope they win and more specifically i hope TCU wins it all (slim chance but still).

VN Store

Back