I’m going to stay the course….

I'm sorry, but I don't see this latest set of coaches as being anything more than treading water. I'm as orange-blooded as anyone, but I'm not in to self-delusion.

The acumen to make the big football hire just doesn't exist anymore at TN. If you haven't pulled the trigger in 14 seasons you probably never will.

23300680_BG1.jpg
Always Have, Always Will

The acumen to make the big football hire just doesn't exist anymore at TN. If you haven't pulled the trigger in 14 seasons you probably never will.
Yeah it seems that way but the glimmer of hope that I see is the way Tony Vitello let his coaches coach, and our AD White seems like an AD that will let his coaches coach without the meddling of, for example, AD Fulmer. I think/hope our new AD stays away from the good Ol’ boys and gives his coaches the chance to do their jobs.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Nothing to crow about, but still managed 22 wins in those two seasons. But when you can outscore folks, even a so-so defense will keep you in the game, and here's hoping UT fits at least that description.

It's not hard to outscore people when you have UCF's schedule, and the defense was still giving up nearly 450 YPG, even against poor competition that makes up the majority of that schedule.

The game is titled towards offense, but you won't succeed in the SEC giving up that kind of yardage on defense.

It's not hard to outscore people when you have UCF's schedule, and the defense was still giving up nearly 450 YPG, even against poor competition that makes up the majority of that schedule.

The game is titled towards offense, but you won't succeed in the SEC giving up that kind of yardage on defense.
I have to call your last paragraph to task. Did you see how many yards Bama gave up in some of its games last year? It's not just tilted, it's now an offense only game.

I have to call your last paragraph to task. Did you see how many yards Bama gave up in some of its games last year? It's not just tilted, it's now an offense only game.

Ole Miss, A&M, Georgia and Florida put up a lot of offensive yards on Alabama. Those teams (except for Georgia) regularly put up a ton of offensive yards on everyone else they played.
ALABAMAD.png

UCF's defense on the other hand, gave up 459 yards to the likes of East Carolina, and 646 yards to South Florida. The only team UCF was able to keep below 300 was Temple, and only them and Tulane had less than 400 yards of offense against UCF the entire season.

UCFD.png

That type of ratio just won't cut it in the SEC, regardless of a few decent offenses forcing Alabama into bend-don't-break mode.

Showing progress and player development will help stabilize the program. That’s putting us in a better place that we have been in a while.

…with our football staff. I will allow a longer adjustment period despite the results. I will be more tolerant provided maximum effort is being exhibited. I will not support a ‘win immediately or else’ approach. This coaching hire has a winning history. I will support our AD to be the best AD possible because we’ve had some losers here.
I will abide by the above because I’ve seen over the past decade the downward spiral caused by poor coaching hires and trigger-happy decision-makers.

Whew that was hard to type but I’m sticking to it for the sake and future of Vols football.
I think we looked better this spring game than we have in a long time and with much less.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Okay, game over. We are destined to fail. Everyone must accept this, and No Optimism can be our credo.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit saddened by the lack of new posting handles that include Heupel's name in some form or another.

Heupel4Heisman
Heupel4thesky
HeupelTrain
HeupelDeezNuts
HeupelAllNight
HeupelAllDay
Heupelbeertabswhilewatchingvolsfootballallday
Someone will have fell4thehypeagain by the end of the year.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Slightly off topic: Did we ever try to go after Gus Malzahn? It would seem logical to go after one of the only coaches who’s actually beaten Saban.

Sorry, I want to believe but being burned four times in a row has me a little skeptical! When I see results, I will believe. Tennessee administration is a complete dumpster fire until they are not. Go Vols! From my living room not at Neyland!
Once again, the admin is the boogeyman. Heck, the admin has turned over multiple times during the past 20 years. Presidents, Chancellors and ADs have come and gone. Search firms have been involved with poor results.
Bad hires, bad luck, geographic limitations, and better programs surrounding us - perfect storm…
Let’s get behind the new leadership and support this new regime. Only one direction we can go - and that is up.

VN Store

Back