I’ll be the first to say

Since that foul call they've been eliminated by a 13, a 15, and a 16. I'm certain they've got fans loudly shouting that they can afford a "real coach" who won't fall flat in the tournament.

Reactions: wmcovol
FDU played a good aggressive game, but Purdue gave them this game more than FDU won it by not being able to make shots. And the ref's let FDU hack Purdue's big guy. But when they needed to, Purdue just couldn't make a basket

FDU played a good aggressive game, but Purdue gave them this game more than FDU won it by not being able to make shots. And the ref's let FDU hack Purdue's big guy. But when they needed to, Purdue just couldn't make a basket

Sounds so much like our Vols late this season.

Since that foul call they've been eliminated by a 13, a 15, and a 16. I'm certain they've got fans loudly shouting that they can afford a "real coach" who won't fall flat in the tournament.
2/3 times we got "upset" it was by teams that went on to the final 4. The Oregon State tournament loss in 2021 was the worst in Barnes tenure. I don't see Chicago Loyola and Michigan last year as bad losses. Still sucks to lose because those teams were really beloved by our fanbase. Basketball is cruel.

2/3 times we got "upset" it was by teams that went on to the final 4. The Oregon State tournament loss in 2021 was the worst in Barnes tenure. I don't see Chicago Loyola and Michigan last year as bad losses. Still sucks to lose because those teams were really beloved by our fanbase. Basketball is cruel.
That Oregon State team was bewildering. They really sucked almost all season, then went on an insane run to win the Pac 12 tournament and kept going until falling 6 points short of making the Final Four against Houston. They built on that Elite Eight run by going 3-28 the following season. As exciting as the tournament can be, it's such a crapshoot and almost every year one of the Final Four participants is seemingly pulled from a hat, never to be relevant again.

VN Store

Back