Hyatt pro or not

Will Hyatt go pro?

• Total voters
I think he looks at Tillman and says I gotta cash in now. Had a super year and everyone is high on him. Would love to see him back in orange next year, but even if it doesn’t go like Tillman and he doesn’t get hurt, is he really going to have another year like this with Hendon gone? Go get what you’ve worked for young man and look forward to seeing you in the NFL.

He should go pro because his value is maxed out right now. Get paid while you can and make as much money as you can. But, I don’t think he will be a great NFL player. He is a one trick pony. His route skills aren’t that impressive and he is t very good against press man. He is a non-physical off the ball receiver for now and that makes him very one dimensional. Of course he can improve, and I hope he does.

He should go pro because his value is maxed out right now. Get paid while you can and make as much money as you can. But, I don’t think he will be a great NFL player. He is a one trick pony. His route skills aren’t that impressive and he is t very good against press man. He is a non-physical off the ball receiver for now and that makes him very one dimensional. Of course he can improve, and I hope he does.

He can make a really good career out of just being a deep threat, but he is the poster boy for showing that practice pays off. He worked his butt off last offseason to be capable of what he did this year. There's nothing stopping him from doing that again and improving every part of his game.

Folks will get frustrated for me saying this...but right now his game won't completely translate to the NFL. He has great upside, but he hasn't proven himself to be an in-traffic receiver, NFL db's won't give him an inch off the line, and most of his td's were dependent on Heup's ability to get him wide open. Bru has a better possibility of an NFL career. Love Hyatt...just saying.
How much NFL do you watch?
Tell me how often Tyrek Hill has to fight through press coverage.

You don't think WRs have to be schemed to get open in the NFL as well??

Nobody in the past 5 drafts has the ball skills and deep ball speed that Hyatt has.
He doesn't need to be some Antonio Brown that is a terror to try and jam on the line.

He's either going to draw a penalty or beat you deep. And if you play deep he'll just cut in or break the route and pickup the 13 yards he's run downfield. There's no downside to getting a player like him. He's not John Ross that was just speed. Hyatt can route every route and knows how to get in open zones.

He's probably going top 15.

He can make a really good career out of just being a deep threat, but he is the poster boy for showing that practice pays off. He worked his butt off last offseason to be capable of what he did this year. There's nothing stopping him from doing that again and improving every part of his game.
He certainly has the skill of being real with himself and having a work ethic. It everyone does. I hope he does well and continues to grow, but he needs to do that in the NFL’s dime. If he is projected top two rounds, he has to go. NIL is nice but it does not count toward the NFLPA pension years, and he only has so many years on those legs.

It’s a corporate sponsorship. Bose will pay him to advertise their wares as a professional.
Are you implying that he has to be a “professional athlete” to receive compensation from this sponsorship? If so, I’m not sure that’s correct. I seriously doubt Bryce Young does Dr. Pepper commercials for free. But he may have those “special” bama bias rules attached to his NIL deals. At any rate, I think it’s a toss up whether Hyatt leaves early. Couldn’t blame him for wanting to go to the NFL, but the young man sure does love UT. Happy for him either way.

Are you implying that he has to be a “professional athlete” to receive compensation from this sponsorship? If so, I’m not sure that’s correct. I seriously doubt Bryce Young does Dr. Pepper commercials for free. But he may have those “special” bama bias rules attached to his NIL deals. At any rate, I think it’s a toss up whether Hyatt leaves early. Couldn’t blame him for wanting to go to the NFL, but the young man sure does love UT. Happy for him either way.
How did you get that out of my post? I'm saying that Bose isn't going to dump him if he's a professional entity...so the deal's a non-factor in his decision. Bose markets heavily with professional athletes, so I don't see the Tennessee "bias" connection. For perspective, Hooker recently signed a NIL deal with Mercedes-Benz (amongst others).

Yeah....if I were him, I'd really be leaning towards leaving....chances are that he will not have anywhere near as accurate a QB as Hooker anytime in the near future.

Don't @ me.....just my opinion. Not a slam at Milton at all.

I'm expecting Hyatt to leave and go pro. He will be rank in the top 8 of WRs coming out which means he will fall in the 1st to 2nd round range imo.

I'll be shocked if he is back.

Whatever decision he makes, I’ll support it, he could go pro, be a bust, and still make enough money to live comfortably as a first rounder, now if he comes back, gets injured, and falls to a 4th round pick that could change. I’d love to have him back, but I can’t blame him if he chases the big bucks

He’s a first round pick. He’d be crazy to return in all honesty. But I’d respect him for it 😂
Not necessarily. He would be crazy to leave. In my opinion he's not physically ready for the NFL just yet. He got shut down in our 2 losses and really didn't get hot until Tillman went down. Stats and numbers can alter ones opinion but I don't just look at numbers. After I watch the game live I always go back and re-watch every game twice more before I form an opinion. I know people will say oh but if he gets injured he could miss millions which is true but if you're looking to get hurt or thinking about getting hurt you WILL get hurt.

After seeing how coming back turned out for Tillman I cant picture Hyatt taking that chance.
I can and he should. To me Tillman looked a couple of steps slower than last season and he also seemed stiff. Hyatt is not physically ready. You have to show up in the NFL physically ready if not you can hang it up. In the 2 games we lost he got manhandled. If you're looking to get hurt or playing looking for contact you WILL get hurt. Injuries happen all the time and can come in any season.

If I'm Hyatt I go pro! Look at Tillman this year, go pro and make that real money! Gbo!
Just because that happened to Tillman doesn't mean it's going to happen to Hyatt. Tillman got injured on a high throw from Hooker. Hyatt needs to come back point blank. That money will be waiting on you Big Dogg!

One more year of pension (as mentioned above) is huge, as is getting to contract #2 a year earlier.

2022 Draft
Last pick on Round 1- Lewis Cine, 4 years, $11,494,155 fully guaranteed. $5.5M in signing bonus.

Last pick of Round 2 (#64 overall) - Nik Bonitto, 4 years, $5.8M, $1.4M guaranteed.

Last pick of Round 3 (#105 overall) - 4 years, $5.25M, $1M signing bonus

Even if Hyatt was guaranteed $1M in NIL, it’s a better career decision to leave.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
Folks will get frustrated for me saying this...but right now his game won't completely translate to the NFL. He has great upside, but he hasn't proven himself to be an in-traffic receiver, NFL db's won't give him an inch off the line, and most of his td's were dependent on Heup's ability to get him wide open. Bru has a better possibility of an NFL career. Love Hyatt...just saying.
Anyone that gets frustrated by the naked truth is living in denial. Hyatt has been EXTREMELY fortunate in the numbers of wide open passes he's caught. Pro scouts and even some mock draft gurus are aware of it. The mocks I've seen have him going late in the 2nd, behind Tillman. I don't think he's ready for the next level.

I not sure anyone here knows what his draft grade will be.

That draft grade will determine his playing future at WRU - like a Phoenix rising from the ashes of what Kiffy, Doofus, Butchass and Asparagus Man had burned to the ground.

How much NFL do you watch?
Tell me how often Tyrek Hill has to fight through press coverage.

You don't think WRs have to be schemed to get open in the NFL as well??

Nobody in the past 5 drafts has the ball skills and deep ball speed that Hyatt has.
He doesn't need to be some Antonio Brown that is a terror to try and jam on the line.

He's either going to draw a penalty or beat you deep. And if you play deep he'll just cut in or break the route and pickup the 13 yards he's run downfield. There's no downside to getting a player like him. He's not John Ross that was just speed. Hyatt can route every route and knows how to get in open zones.

He's probably going top 15.
You again.

Take the money and run lol.
Which he will. His speed is world class, he hasn't had any major injuries plus good hands & route running. He should absolutely go 1st rd. Why would he stay?

Would not be surprised if he announces very soon that he will forgoe the bowl game.

Reactions: Toucan Sam
Sure it is. I don't see him going 1st round. He had 2 years of middling success then this year where he tore it up, mostly on vertical threats. He's a talent, but does the NFL currently rate him high enough to make leaving > staying with NIL?

I imagine he goes, but if our staff and his camp aren't having conversations on stay vs go, they're not doing their jobs.
Hyatt IS a 1st round pick, but even if he were to fall to the 2nd round, he’s still guaranteed north of $8mil at worst. He’s gone man and I don’t blame him.

NIL isn’t going to keep these kids like some think it will. It’s not that simple. If you’re projecting 1st round in any mock draft, you’re gone.

I honestly think it’s 30/70 on Hyatt sitting out the bowl game if it’s Orange vs Clemson. If it’s any other bowl…it’s 100% he’s opting out.

He needs to leave IMO, he has way too much to risk by coming back another year.
100%, no disrespect to Milton/Nico, but it’s not going to get any better for Hyatt than it is right now. He could possibly go from a potential 1st round pick to a potential 3rd round pick by coming back. He gone, as he should be.

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent

VN Store

Back