Hyatt pro or not

Will Hyatt go pro?

• Total voters
The only way I see him coming back is that his brother comes to Tennessee and he wants to play a year of college ball with him.

Hyatt is a household name in the south and that is expanding. He will likely get offered enough money via NIL that he can decide if the degree matters or not. If it doesn't, the memory of TDs against Bama is firmly etched into every Vol fan's brain. He could just want to go full fill a dream regardless of degree or NIL and that's okay.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I can’t see him coming back. Would be near impossible to replicate his numbers from this year. Especially with a new QB.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
If watching how the season unfolded for Tillman doesn’t scare him into going pro, then seeing Hooker tear his ACL so close to the finish line will.
Tillman was a high ankle sprain those are very common in football. I think if we was in playoffs he would be playing. He was picking and choosing the games he wanted to play after the Georgia loss it seems.

Reactions: Vol Catdaddy
Folks will get frustrated for me saying this...but right now his game won't completely translate to the NFL. He has great upside, but he hasn't proven himself to be an in-traffic receiver, NFL db's won't give him an inch off the line, and most of his td's were dependent on Heup's ability to get him wide open. Bru has a better possibility of an NFL career. Love Hyatt...just saying.

He gone. Hope he plays at least enough of the bowl game to break the record but idk if he will

Folks will get frustrated for me saying this...but right now his game won't completely translate to the NFL. He has great upside, but he hasn't proven himself to be an in-traffic receiver, NFL db's won't give him an inch off the line, and most of his td's were dependent on Heup's ability to get him wide open. Bru has a better possibility of an NFL career. Love Hyatt...just saying.
The last TD against Alabama was a very contested catch, but you're right in the NFL they are all contested like that. He will need to get much stronger, but he can have a good NFL career. Can't teach his speed.

Only way I see him coming back is if UT purchases an insurance plan on his health....and I am not sure the university can purchase that....who is is Lloyds of London that will insure an athlete from injury that affects their draft stock?

I voted no, but that's just me wanting him to come back. I really expect him to go, and if he is a 1st round pick, he needs to go get paid.

Hyatt's hands are still questionable as a first round pick and scheme is a large part of how we got him matched up with safeties constantly. That said, I think he should go no matter what. As others have said, coming back is not going to get him drafted any higher. Hooker won't be here and defenses will key on him from the start to say nothing of injury and off the field possibilities.

Since he has a NIL deal does he stay?
Not to turn this into a bash Milton thread, but he's not going to have anywhere close to the year he's having this year. Milton isn't capable plus teams are starting to figure out ways to slow this offense down. With the value the NFL places on WR's, he'd be nuts to come back next year. Hell, I'd be shocked if he plays in the bowl game. To borrow from the young 'uns on this board...he gone.

VN Store

Back