Hyatt NIL deal with Hyatt hotels

So they are saying the hotel for the orange bowl is on Hyatts dime or did Hyatt just get all his teammates a free hotel for an additional vacation?

Did I not read that he would like to play with his brother who is a 2023 recruit.
Could this play into the equation or has that ship sailed?

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Yes that seems to be the assumption but if that's already been decided then why go through the trouble of signing NIL deals with Hyatt and Bose. Those are two pretty big names.

To me... it almost sounds like NIL is becoming his insurance policy against injury in case he decides to return.

Hooker recently signed a deal with Mercedes in mid-November and he's obviously going pro, so I wouldn't take that as an indicator of his leanings re: draft entry.

Yes that seems to be the assumption but if that's already been decided then why go through the trouble of signing NIL deals with Hyatt and Bose. Those are two pretty big names.

To me... it almost sounds like NIL is becoming his insurance policy against injury in case he decides to return.
The NIL was directly with Bose and I'm sure Hyatt is the same way and not through Spyre. He's allowed to make money now and still considered to be a NCAA player at the moment. Once he goes Pro it's nothing more than an endorsement deal.

The NIL was directly with Bose and I'm sure Hyatt is the same way and not through Spyre. He's allowed to make money now and still considered to be a NCAA player at the moment. Once he goes Pro it's nothing more than an endorsement deal.
Could be... but they've shown they're still willing to pay him as an amateur.

I've said it before even after seeing the draft projections and all that. I don't think he's ready. I think there's a risk that his draft position will fall once teams take a microscope level view at his game. He's fast. But he's not faking guys out of their shoes or running physical like Velus did. A lot of his TDs were because he was schemed open rather than him running a great route or getting off physical coverage.

Ultimately though, this comes down to what he values and what he believes his risk/reward to be. The NFL money would be hard to walk away from. But I witnessed from a fairly close position Heath Shuler's decision to leave early and the ultimate impact it had on his NFL career. Maybe another year of development and maturity wouldn't have made the difference. But a guy with his physical talent was eventually sank because he wasn't ready mentally or emotionally.

I've said it before even after seeing the draft projections and all that. I don't think he's ready. I think there's a risk that his draft position will fall once teams take a microscope level view at his game. He's fast. But he's not faking guys out of their shoes or running physical like Velus did. A lot of his TDs were because he was schemed open rather than him running a great route or getting off physical coverage.

Ultimately though, this comes down to what he values and what he believes his risk/reward to be. The NFL money would be hard to walk away from. But I witnessed from a fairly close position Heath Shuler's decision to leave early and the ultimate impact it had on his NFL career. Maybe another year of development and maturity wouldn't have made the difference. But a guy with his physical talent was eventually sank because he wasn't ready mentally or emotionally.

It could be the deal is X as NCAA player and moves up to XX when you make it to the NFL.
If he's grading high from draft, I'm sure NFL people have people that have seen his film and know what they're getting. I have to say you go while your stock is high, coming back leaves a lot of questions. Hooker is gone, team will be in year 3 and other teams have more film to study, he may not get the numbers and fade, still could wind up drafted but instead of 1 -2 round he falls to like 4 or 5.
Heath Shuler was done in by the Redskins, can I still say that? OLine getting him killed. He got hit so much he became shell shocked and scared back there.

Reactions: Mccage

That all sounds good, but if a player is projected as a 1st (even early 2nd) round pick, and his game is predicated on speed, it makes no sense to stay. Too many possibly negative outcomes - a down year because of questionable QB play, a bunch of nagging injuries that kill his production, or worst of all a season ending injury. Hyatt's stock is likely never going to be higher than it currently is.

VN Store

Back