Hyatt drafted in 1st or 2nd round?

vol94

First off, I hope everyone is safe as we are having some crazy weather.

Hyatt was the topic of conversation on 104.5 the Zone as Chad Withrow discussed part of a recent conversation with Hyatt during Super bowl week.

Hyatt said he would’ve returned to TN had he thought he would go in the second round. Those around him, including his agent, are very confident Hyatt goes in the first round.

He balled out last yr, so here’s hoping he has a great showing in the “40” @ the combine as GMs and coaches expect a strong performance.

Hopefully he will be drafted in the latter part of the first round instead of the second. He was fun to watch and his play vs Bama was the best individual performance I’ve ever seen.

I haven’t made time to lookup the difference of pay b/t a first and second rounder, but I assume it’s substantial. Most teams late in the first round will need a WR or select the “best talent” on the board.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Depends on how well he runs. Sub 4.4 gets him in round 1.
4.3 ish gets him in the top half probably. I have been high on the dude from TCU, but he lets too many passes hit his body so he might drop down. Speed gets you paid well in the NFL

Exactly. What else could he have done next season? Hyatt had a great year.

I agree. The point is he loved playing @ TN and would’ve returned for his senior had he thought he would be a 2nd rd pick. Hyatt admitted he loves UT and would’ve come back to shatter records.

Reactions: WillisWG
Doesn’t really matter.. prob better for him to be a 2nd anyways instead of a late 1st.. get paid sooner no 5th year option

Him, Wright, Young, Hooker and Tillman all have first two round potential. Would like to see them all get drafted in the first two rounds

Reactions: LittleVol
Most of the mock drafts I have seen have him going to the Chargers in the first.

I believe they were the first team "out" of the playoffs so that's probably somewhere in the 20th range.

Probably not a horrible place for him to go. They have a decent QB.

On the other hand the owner is a joke now that I think about it.

We could see three 1st rounders this yr (unlikely) with up to 5 players drafted top 100. 6-8 legitimate NFL prospects this class. Crazy to think we could've had Key Lawrence, Henry T, Wanya Morris, & Eric Gray in the class as well. Vols gonna represent well in the draft.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I'm no expert on the NFL but he lacks the physical strength to be a 1st round pick. He certainly has speed and quickness but the NFL needs physicality. My 1st round choice would be someone who can start in the season opener. He will get a nice contract in any case for sure.

First off, I hope everyone is safe as we are having some crazy weather.

Hyatt was the topic of conversation on 104.5 the Zone as Chad Withrow discussed part of a recent conversation with Hyatt during Super bowl week.

Hyatt said he would’ve returned to TN had he thought he would go in the second round. Those around him, including his agent, are very confident Hyatt goes in the first round.

He balled out last yr, so here’s hoping he has a great showing in the “40” @ the combine as GMs and coaches expect a strong performance.

Hopefully he will be drafted in the latter part of the first round instead of the second. He was fun to watch and his play vs Bama was the best individual performance I’ve ever seen.

2023 mock draft: Vols projected as first-round picks ahead of combine

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back