Hyams does it again

mattvols

Ocho-Stinko
Said today on the radio that Tyler Smith was not a first round draft pick and then went on to say he would be a good NBA player but not a great one, but dont most good NBA players still go in the first round? Stick to what you know....or what you think you know

While we're discussing Tyler Smith, can someone explain what the deal is with his mouth piece?

I actually agree with Hymans, which is rare. If Tyler can't hit a jumpshot from 15' consistently, then he'll never make it in the NBA.

I thought he was supposed to have worked on his outside shot over the summer?

I would agree also! He won't be much of a scoring threat in the NBA. He can rebound but how good will he be at that on that level? He is a shut down defender but when did the NBA put much priority on defense?

Tyler will not be a lottery pick if he were to come out this year.. He is only 6'7'', and most guys with that height in the NBA can shoot a consistent jump shot, and even extend it out and shoot the three ball. Crazy runners in the lane will not cut it in the big league.

I think he goes in the first round. The NBA is the most potential based draft there is, and I bet his workout numbers will be as good as anybody's.

Said today on the radio that Tyler Smith was not a first round draft pick and then went on to say he would be a good NBA player but not a great one, but dont most good NBA players still go in the first round? Stick to what you know....or what you think you know

i think your thread backfired on you

What is Tyler's actual height? He doesn't look 6'7, he looks around 6'4 or so.

So I guess Hopson, Prince, and Negedu are all about 6'3-6'3.5 if Tyler is 6'4? And Tatum is 6'2? Bobby Maze at 5'11? Chism at 6'6?

Right. Didn't realize how short our team was.

Last edited:
Why does it matter how high theyll get drafted? Shouldnt we be worrying about thier play while theyre on the Hill? Of which seems to be lacking significantly as of late...

Both Chism and Smith need to stay another year,but they are both probably gone.Doesn't look good for next year.

He'll be riding a bench somewhwere in the NBA if he's lucky . His offensive skills will be found in the first row of most NBA's venues , imo.

Tyler is no 6' 4". I can assure you of that.

Agreed that TS needs to hit the jumper, but his lack of production this year can be primarily attributed to the disappearing act of our outside game.

i dont think it takes a genius or nba scout to realize TS is not built to be a force in the NBA.
I am sure he will be a solid player but not a big threat. He needs to be a better shooter.
Hyams can still be an idiot and get some stuff right on occasion.

VN Store

Back