Hurricane Michael

I am in destin this week. We passed about 20 - 30 semi trucks hauling in new power poles. 10 to 15 large military trucks hauling what appeared to be huge generators.

Just now checking in via my phone. I have had cell service but no internet. We still do not have water or power. This was a devastating storm for our area.

The day after the storm my wife and daughters left to stay in Knoxville. My wife is a school teacher and was told school may be out for 2 months. Plus our youngest daughter (8 years old) has Type 1 Diabetes and that's not something you wanna mess around with so it was good to get them outta here and have somewhere to keep insulin cold.

We fared better than others bit have quite a bit of damage to our roof. Structurally we are fine as we live in a block home built in the 50's but we had 5 oak trees come down in the yard. Thankfully none of them landed on the house but out my entire fence and brand new shed.

The date after the storm I took a ton of pictures and will share a couple. This looks like I am standing in church. Would you believe I took this photo whole standing OUTSIDE?!?

IMG-20181012-070642.jpg

Michael had no respect for the dead:

IMG-20181012-070805.jpg

I work at the paper mill in PC. We took a big hit bit everyone who is able is working handing out supplies. Here is a shot of my office (circled) which I haven't been allowed to check out

IMG-20181013-054202.jpg

Reactions: Coug
Me and me family are all okay, guys...This is the first time I've had access to internet since the storm, we lost power until this past Friday...My house did okay, relatively speaking, some of my neighbors did not...I was truly blessed by the all mighty.

Thank you to everyone on here who prayed for me and everyone else who dealt with this terrible storm, I could never thank you all enough.

P.S. screw Verizon lol.

Me and me family are all okay, guys...This is the first time I've had access to internet since the storm, we lost power until this past Friday...My house did okay, relatively speaking, some of my neighbors did not...I was truly blessed by the all mighty.

Thank you to everyone on here who prayed for me and everyone else who dealt with this terrible storm, I could never thank you all enough.

P.S. screw Verizon lol.
Great news.

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR

P.S. screw Verizon lol.

Awesome to hear from you. Glad everything is okay.

P.S. screw Verizon lol.
Oh my God! Thank you for posting!! I know it's all anonymous, but still.

P.S. screw Verizon lol.
Great news SPS. Long road ahead though. God Bless you and yours.

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR
Just checking in. Still no cable or internet at home. City came by and picked up debris today yay! Fence has been repaired and all trees cut. Now waiting on finding a roofer. So far all of them are from out of town. Would prefer to use a local company but many of them were wiped out along with the rest of us. So I can get it done sooner with someone out of town or be patient for someone local. Gonna try and hold out for a local company.

Just checking in. Still no cable or internet at home. City came by and picked up debris today yay! Fence has been repaired and all trees cut. Now waiting on finding a roofer. So far all of them are from out of town. Would prefer to use a local company but many of them were wiped out along with the rest of us. So I can get it done sooner with someone out of town or be patient for someone local. Gonna try and hold out for a local company.
I'm glad you guys made it through ok. I'm sure everyone is concerned about being scammed by the out of town operations.

VN Store

Back