Hurricane Michael

Coug

So we're on vacation in Destin. The red tide rolled in Saturday the day we arrived. It basically causes you to cough, irritating the back of your throat. We went to the Crab Trap right on the beach for dinner and while walking in and immediately inside the foyer it sounded like a TB ward. Inside where the seating was was fine and the air conditioning was great. Being on the beach is just not comfortable and now Hurricane Michael looks to make landfall somewhere in this area. There are already lines at every gas station and it's just Monday so we went ahead and gassed up the cars. Not entirely sure what we are going to do just yet but we're going to keep an eye on it.

whatweknow11a.jpg

We typically go to PCB this time of year. This year we just didn't do it. Not sure really why, but we never made any plans to go. Now we are glad.

Hopefully it dies down, I love it down there. Plus, it's gonna come straight up towards us. It's amazing howuch damage we got off that one last year that came up from the bottom of Florida.

We are leaving tomorrow. Gassed up in the line this morning. Worst fall break evah! Lol

I got back from Miramar Beach yesterday. Red tide was unbearable on Saturday. The newest forecast track has it making landfall anywhere from Miramar Beach to just west of Panama City. Not good....especially for those that vacation in the 30a corridor.

Staying home here in Freeport, about 15 minutes north of 30a. Hopefully it kicks a little east as it approaches.

It looks like we will be packing tonight and heading out in the morning. The rental company said it would give us credit for the days remaining to be used in the next 12 months. Between the red tide and now the hurricane this has been an interesting trip to say the least. There are little ones in our group so riding out a hurricane doesn't sound fun and it's just unsafe if you don't have to do it. You gotta do what you gotta do.

It looks like we will be packing tonight and heading out in the morning. The rental company said it would give us credit for the days remaining to be used in the next 12 months. Between the red tide and now the hurricane this has been an interesting trip to say the least. There are little ones in our group so riding out a hurricane doesn't sound fun and it's just unsafe if you don't have to do it. You gotta do what you gotta do.
smart move. Safe travels home

Reactions: Coug
It looks like it's heading straight for our place on Cape San Blas. I hope I still have a house standing after mid-week.

It looks like it's heading straight for our place on Cape San Blas. I hope I still have a house standing after mid-week.

Yikes! I love CSB, but it certainly doesn't have any protection if a bad storm hits. I would think a decent surge could just about wash completely over the cape.

Yikes! I love CSB, but it certainly doesn't have any protection if a bad storm hits. I would think a decent surge could just about wash completely over the cape.
The one thing that I have going for me is that our place is about as high above sea level as anyplace there. I am more worried about wind than flooding.

Both CSB and St George Island are going to get hit hard. I just read Jim Cantore and his team will be in Apalachicola. You never want to be where he is.

VN Store

Back