Hurricane Dorian

Recon just made its first pass through and got win speeds of 133MPH.

Cat4. Will be a cat5 by Sunday it may not reach land as a cat 5 but I think it’ll get there.

I just came to post what RockTopper said. Dorian has reached category 4 two days ahead of when it was supposed to strengthen. It'll be a cat 5 before it hits Florida. I wonder if it'll go as low as 930 millibars before it's over.

Last edited:
I just came to post what RockerTopper said. Dorian has reached category 4 two days ahead of when it was supposed to strengthen. It'll be a cat 5 before it hits Florida. I wonder if it'll go as low as 930 millibars before it's over.

It won’t be able to stay that strong long. I hope it starts to rebuild as it approaches. If it slows down enough I’m willing to bet it gets down to 925

It won’t be able to stay that strong long. I hope it starts to rebuild as it approaches. If it slows down enough I’m willing to bet it gets down to 925
Can you explain this in English please

925 would be even worse. I was looking back and apparently Katrina went down to 902.

all yall down there in the nations pecker please be safe and make good decisions, nothing is worth a human life. gtfo while the gettins good yall. prayers for fla(except gainsville)

Gonna be one hell of a hurricane for my first

The latest models have the eye wall west of Orlando and that is the "Clean" side of a hurricane. If it stays that way, it will not be bad. I lived 40 miles west of the eye wall of Michael last year and we didn't get wind gusts over 60 mph, even those were rare. Hopefully it turns north and misses most of the coast.

Not really. It just means Georgia and South Carolina will bear the brunt of it.

A wobble or two could change the path. If you live in Florida I would still evacuate. New data in and looks like that sustained winds of 150. Could be a cat 5 by lunch today.

Yep, definitely too early to celebrate.

Saying that and looking at satellite it does look like it took a jog west southwest. I feel for anyone around Orlando. This storm could brush the coast and they could still feel the force of the winds. A direct impact doesn’t take you outta the game with this one. Dorian is a monster. The Bahamas may be no more.

VN Store

Back