Hugh Freeze with added sanctions vs...

Volfan76

Topic for discussion. What is worse....a proven coach that can compete with upper tier programs and the additional NCAA sanctions that would accompany him or a less proven coach with possibly fewer NCAA sanctions? As we see less experienced coaches hired and multiple coaches turning down offers, it certainly appears the overall strategy of the administration appears questionable at best. Would it have been a better strategy to focus less on throwing Pruitt under the bus and the program with it? Perhaps offering a portion of his salary to keep his mouth shut and go away while doing it's best NOT to expose recruiting violations? With Freeze....or even Kiffin for that matter....lobbying for the position, would coordinators be turning those coaches down right now. I just have trouble believing that coaches would turning down top tier money while working for a proven SEC coach. Just seems like UT is still playing checkers while other programs are playing chess at every level of the administration.

Topic for discussion. What is worse....a proven coach that can compete with upper tier programs and the additional NCAA sanctions that would accompany him or a less proven coach with possibly fewer NCAA sanctions? As we see less experienced coaches hired and multiple coaches turning down offers, it certainly appears the overall strategy of the administration appears questionable at best. Would it have been a better strategy to focus less on throwing Pruitt under the bus and the program with it? Perhaps offering a portion of his salary to keep his mouth shut and go away while doing it's best NOT to expose recruiting violations? With Freeze....or even Kiffin for that matter....lobbying for the position, would coordinators be turning those coaches down right now. I just have trouble believing that coaches would turning down top tier money while working for a proven SEC coach. Just seems like UT is still playing checkers while other programs are playing chess at every level of the administration.

Merge

Reactions: Element01
So you think Washington walks away from 1.5 mil and a chance to coach under Freeze if offered?
Sure he'd leave Ohio State and take the job. . . because what could make an unstable NCAA situation more enticing than throwing in a head coach with previous NCAA problems? It's brilliant.

Last edited:
So you think Washington walks away from 1.5 mil and a chance to coach under Freeze if offered?
I think the question is moot and worthless. Josh Heupel IS the head football coach at the University of Tennessee.

Discussing what would happen if Freeze, Saban, or Lombardi were coach instead is pointless.

Sure he'd leave Ohio State and take the job. . . because what could make an an unstable situation more enticing than throwing in a head coach with previous NCAA problems? It's brilliant.
The man is winning at Liberty...you honestly believe that Liberty would have more talent than UT with sanctions? How long could sanctions realistically last? 3 years? That is 3 years to be one of the highest paid coordinators in the country and prove yourself with little expectations.

At this point it is no good continuing to pummel a deceased equine. The decision has been made and the die is cast. I wanted to see Freeze here; but it isn’t happening in this Version of the Volunteer Cinematic Universe. Perhaps in another timeline, the 2025 VOLS crush Sabans Red Elephants 82 to 3 and we win a National Championship. But here we have to all get behind Huepel and hope for better times.

The man is winning at Liberty...you honestly believe that Liberty would have more talent than UT with sanctions? How long could sanctions realistically last? 3 years? That is 3 years to be one of the highest paid coordinators in the country and prove yourself with little expectations.
Good for him for winning.

He's the coach at Liberty University. Go talk about him there. The head football coach at the University of Tennessee is Josh Heupel.

Unless you've got a time machine, that's reality.

At this point it is no good continuing to pummel a deceased equine. The decision has been made and the die is cast. I wanted to see Freeze here; but it isn’t happening in this Version of the Volunteer Cinematic Universe. Perhaps in another timeline, the 2025 VOLS crush Sabans Red Elephants 82 to 3 and we win a National Championship. But here we have to all get behind Huepel and hope for better times.
Getting behind the current coach and hoping for the best hasn't worked too well for the past 15 years.

giphy (12).gif

Getting behind the current coach and hoping for the best hasn't worked too well for the past 15 years.
What other choice has anybody got once a hire has been made?
We've hired a lot of coaches over the past few years.....maybe if there was more scrutiny then, we wouldn't be in this mess.
What even is "scrutiny"? We were a tire fire when we hired Dooley, Butch and Pruitt, so we completely cleaned house. Not sure what else you're wanting to see.

So...... you've no confidence in the AD who has been here a few weeks, the coach who has been here even fewer weeks.

Nice. Appreciate how you give people a chance to make changes. 🙄
Hey, if the guy wins.....more power to him. He will silence all the critics. Myself included. I just don't see it and it appears that there are a lot of people turning down good money because they don't see it either. I feel like the question needs to be asked.

VN Store

Back