Hugh Freeze random guess thread (merged)

On the first part, I thought that also about the socially awkward part, we’ve all been there at some point in our life, at least I’ll admit it. I felt pity for him starting about Monday, and tried to show some kindness. There were some over the top posts from others that felt like bullying., even if he seemed to push buttons. Most posters seemed to get it though.

On Freeze, speculation of course, the rumors that he was considered at UT, Barn and blubbers, maybe a little truth to. It went dead too quick on all three. I think he had to settle, just speculation.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a good guy in person but some of the posts have come across just flat out horrible for him. Especially some directed at women. And you're right about the bullying thing. Some posters have pretty much attacked him for seemingly no reason. But hey, it's VN. You gotta have thick skin if you want to stick around. Especially in the FF. There's some loons up in here (paging D4H).

I would say Freeze did get consideration at the big schools because he is one hell of a coach. He's already proven that. I just have a hard time believing he chose to go to Liberty instead of having to settle for it. Which makes me believe there is something out there that made the big universities back away rather quickly. Who knows? It's just fun to speculate.

Ehh, after going through a few of these things, peeps like him no longer live in my head collecting rent. This ain’t my first rodeo.

I’m mildly concerned for him as a fellow human being, because I think he could benefit from some help, but he’s def not in the running for the Dos Equis guy.

I hope he finds whatever it is he’s looking for. Ideally somewhere other than on VN.

Agree with what you said, it stopped being entertaining a few days ago.

Reactions: VolNExile
Yeah, I'm sure he's a good guy in person but some of the posts have come across just flat out horrible for him. Especially some directed at women. And you're right about the bullying thing. Some posters have pretty much attacked him for seemingly no reason. But hey, it's VN. You gotta have thick skin if you want to stick around. Especially in the FF. There's some loons up in here (paging D4H).

I would say Freeze did get consideration at the big schools because he is one hell of a coach. He's already proven that. I just have a hard time believing he chose to go to Liberty instead of having to settle for it. Which makes me believe there is something out there that made the big universities back away rather quickly. Who knows? It's just fun to speculate.

On the first part, I don’t know but I think he tried way too hard, no harm in that, some of his posts sounded great in his head before he typed them. D4H is entertaining and out there, but he is our “out there poster”

On Freeze, I think we were having a hard look at him, as other Universities were also. I find it strange that when the rumors were flying about the interest from everyone, earlier (could have been Sexton), It died quickly on all fronts. Maybe something else that we don’t know and probably won’t know unless another SEC sniffs on it or someone gets loose lips.

Word.

Do you have any idea how long it took me to find this Orange & White Punisher?! ;)

Don’t have a clue. 2 seconds or 15 minutes? ADHD. Lazy, maybe I can hire someone to do it for me. Could be a side Buisness for Freak, design avis for people like me. I know he has a yacht but the thing has to have gas that has to be paid for. 😁

To me, the kindest interpretation is: he knew at some gut level (might not have yet risen to his brain initially) that he wouldnt’t be happy as an OC, so he kept looking until he found an HC slot.

Less charitable: there’s something out there on him, something that can’t be ignored; video or whatever. No one is going to publicize it (that would be contrary to the good ole boy rules), but something needs more time to make it palatable to the masses, meaning us.

There were just too many programs out there into which he would have fit as a candidate to not have had some legit info regarding an interview and offer leak out. I can’t help but think that something stopped the process early on, and at multiple programs. 1544249043956.gif

To me, the kindest interpretation is: he knew at some gut level (might not have yet risen to his brain initially) that he wouldnt’t be happy as an OC, so he kept looking until he found an HC slot.

Less charitable: there’s something out there on him, something that can’t be ignored; video or whatever. No one is going to publicize it (that would be contrary to the good ole boy rules), but something needs more time to make it palatable to the masses, meaning us.

There were just too many programs out there into which he would have fit as a candidate to not have had some legit info regarding an interview and offer leak out. I can’t help but think that something stopped the process early on, and at multiple programs. View attachment 181451
So what you're saying basically is, not soon?

On the first part, I don’t know but I think he tried way too hard, no harm in that, some of his posts sounded great in his head before he typed them. D4H is entertaining and out there, but he is our “out there poster”

On Freeze, I think we were having a hard look at him, as other Universities were also. I find it strange that when the rumors were flying about the interest from everyone, earlier (could have been Sexton), It died quickly on all fronts. Maybe something else that we don’t know and probably won’t know unless another SEC sniffs on it or someone gets loose lips.

Ah he'll be fine if he just goes back to lurking for a while. Gets more of a feel for the board. And yeah haha D4H cracks me up sometimes. I've almost come to tears laughing at what some of his prediction threads have turned into. On the other hand, it is a little frustrating to see a person living solely in a reality they made up in their own head. But I definitely hope he never stops posting nonsense though.

And yeah, I would say something scared the big schools away concerning a potentially damaging story that could get out. But that may not be it. Hopefully it had nothing to do with his high school coaching days. That would be tough to come back from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Don’t have a clue. 2 seconds or 15 minutes? ADHD. Lazy, maybe I can hire someone to do it for me. Could be a side Buisness for Freak, design avis for people like me. I know he has a yacht but the thing has to have gas that has to be paid for. 😁

bolsa%20de%20plasma.jpg

If my dad taught me anything, it was keep my word. He didn't put up with lying at all. Jerked me up in front of my friends when I was a senior in high school, and busted my butt for lying. Haha
There is nothing like the power of the threat that a parent has to publicly humiliate their kids.

When mine were in middle school, if I was sassed during the carpool run, I’d pull up to school with either opera or country blaring out the windows, whichever was not cool at that time. Puccini or Mark Chesnutt, didn’t matter to me. Chumbawamba was also effective.

I know a teenager with Asperger’s and a nephew with autism. I’m familiar with them both. It takes a LOT of time and patience to connect. After reading some of his posts, I thought he might be a narcissist, but that doesn’t seem to fit either. Social awkward.

Last edited:
No one probably cares, but I just thought I would share. Just FYI it is all classified under the DSM 5 as autism spectrum disorder (ASD). I think the CDC changed Asperger’s as a diagnosis also to autism spectrum disorder, but I am not 100% sure. Both are very much based off a political system. There were a few school shootings involving kids with Asperger’s, and I believe that assisted in changing the diagnosis due to the negative connotation. Just part of my field, so I thought I would share.
I dunno, I’m a bit skeptical about the shoootings/ political part, but who knows. Yes, there is no longer an ICD-10 diagnosis specifically for Asperger’s. It’s now on “the spectrum”, which has reduced help, meaning reduced insurance coverage, because most Aspies just don’t seem damaged enough.

It’s mainly that for those on the spectrum (including me), social interactions are hard. There’s a longing to belong, to be accepted as part of the crowd, but the things that you do to make those social bonds are just mystifying, or at any rate very alien and hard to learn. Oddly, it’s much easier to make friends online than in person, I suppose because the opportunities for social miscues are reduced, or at least shunted elsewhere. And you don’t have to make eye contact, lol. But you do have to learn the language and develop a feel for the social norms online. You can’t just waltz in and start proclaiming.

The Asperger folks I know are incredibly gentle, endlessly honest (an interesting feature is that most of them don’t know how to lie, because they don’t know what sort of behavior is expected, so they don’t know which falsehood to present), and endlessly supportive of underdogs. And many are off-the-charts brilliant. If some have been implicated in school shootings, I would guess that it was because they were tormented beyond their level of endurance.

Anyway, part of my own field, and my personal experience as well, so there’s my sharing back. 1544250995768.gif

Not buying it.. In this day and age IF there was a "damning video" numerous people would've already tripped over themselves seventeen times to make sure everybody with a phone/computer had seen it..

Honestly I just dont think any bigtime programs want anything to do with Freeze at this time.. Also, I feel like most of the 'noise' was being generated by Freeze/Sexton to gin up interest. Nobody bit though... Well, except Liberty...
Word has it and can’t give up my source it involved several chickens, dr Phil, and a sharpie

I dunno, I’m a bit skeptical about the shoootings/ political part, but who knows. Yes, there is no longer an ICD-10 diagnosis specifically for Asperger’s. It’s now on “the spectrum”, which has reduced help, meaning reduced insurance coverage, because most Aspies just don’t seem damaged enough.

It’s mainly that for those on the spectrum (including me), social interactions are hard. There’s a longing to belong, to be accepted as part of the crowd, but the things that you do to make those social bonds are just mystifying, or at any rate very alien and hard to learn. Oddly, it’s much easier to make friends online than in person, I suppose because the opportunities for social miscues are reduced, or at least shunted elsewhere. And you don’t have to make eye contact, lol. But you do have to learn the language and develop a feel for the social norms online. You can’t just waltz in and start proclaiming.

The Asperger folks I know are incredibly gentle, endlessly honest (an interesting feature is that most of them don’t know how to lie, because they don’t know what sort of behavior is expected, so they don’t know which falsehood to present), and endlessly supportive of underdogs. And many are off-the-charts brilliant. If some have been implicated in school shootings, I would guess that it was because they were tormented beyond their level of endurance.

Anyway, part of my own field, and my personal experience as well, so there’s my sharing back. View attachment 181455

Exile, I wished I could like this more then once. I used to be in the billing and coding field (ICD-9), I lasted a couple of years after my completion in school. It was so cutthroat in care and billing. Doctors make more money in being the doctor who has patients in nursing homes than general practice.

I was on the Freeze Train, but you know what? Maybe he is a big a-hole and just doesn't fit the Tennessee profile. Liberty? That has to be a weird gig.

Reactions: Type Orange+

I like D4H.

VN Store

Back