Hugh Freeze contract

Coaching is the only profession I know of where you can totally screw the pooch and teams/schools will write you a check for millions of dollars. Sark was a drunk, USC couldn’t fire Kiffin quick enough and now Freeze

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Coaching is the only profession I know of where you can totally screw the pooch and teams/schools will write you a check for millions of dollars. Sark was a drunk, USC couldn’t fire Kiffin quick enough and now Freeze

I don't know about that, a lot of CEOs fit that bill too.

Reactions: VolNExile
Tells me they want to win. There is a thread about how Vandy should change conference because they aren’t playing to win.
There is no question about their desire to win. Desperate people do desperate things. I would hope Freeze has learned some lessons about how to act from all the mess he’s gotten himself into over the years and maybe tone down that pious crap. We shall see.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
While it's funny that AU doesn't want him on social media, his social media presence and pettiness thereon is kind of the least of his foibles.

If he never got into NCAA trouble or called hookers, his social media habits would be kind of an oddity but not a huge deal and would have gotten nowhere near the attention it did. It got the attention it did because of his massive hypocrisy.

Reactions: SpookyAction
YEAH? Let's see how Fast Freeze turns AU around. He is the MOST UN-Problematic hire in CFB. Geeze you people. Why hate on every team that's not Tennessee? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Hugh Freeze is a Helluva Football Coach. Sit back and watch him get AU back----Fast.
He sucks. As a coach and a human being

Reactions: the_todd
Freeze has to know that all eyes are on him. Especially since the cheating scandal with Auburns last coach. He will be on his best behavior.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Freeze has to know that all eyes are on him. Especially since the cheating scandal with Auburns last coach. He will be on his best behavior.
Oddly, after what went down at Ole Miss, he still had the bad judgement to DM someone involved in suing Liberty about a sexual assault cover-up.

I'm not sure he knows what best behavior entails.

Oddly, after what went down at Ole Miss, he still had the bad judgement to DM someone involved in suing Liberty about a sexual assault cover-up.

I'm not sure he knows what best behavior entails.
That’s why he won’t have direct control over social media. He will more than likely have a handler. Auburn needs to protect him too. They can’t afford to have another scandal and be looking for a new coach in 5 years

It’s simple with sports. If your talent outweighs your problems, you’ll be fine. Deshaun Watson is the most recent proof of that.

That’s why he won’t have direct control over social media. He will more than likely have a handler. Auburn needs to protect him too. They can’t afford to have another scandal and be looking for a new coach in 5 years
I'm glad it's Auburn and not us because Freeze has been a just above average as an SEC coach while having "judgement" issues everywhere he's been.

Someone called it high risk, high reward but based on the Ole Miss experience and record I'll call it high risk, moderate reward.

I care about anyone's personal demons that involve making a schoolgirl change her shirt in the same room with him because "he didn't want her to hide it."

If that was a young lady in my family I'd want 100% proof there wasn't female staff ANYWHERE in the school, a secretary, a lunchroom lady, ANYONE who could have gone somewhere private with her and retrieved the shirt for Freeze.

There's no uncreepy spin on that incident.
I forgot about the HS incident and that is an issue. I meant more so the hookers. If that’s his thing so be it.

I forgot about the HS incident and that is an issue. I meant more so the hookers. If that’s his thing so be it.
The HS incidents are creepy. He's denied them but the lady in question has not really sought publicity nor sued as far as I know, so I can't see how she's got anything to gain from this.

I'm less thrilled with the DM lady, though I don't think she's lying, she's pushing a lawsuit.

The hookers, other than using a work phone, is really a family issue which cost him millions in buyout money from Ole Miss.

Hugh Freeze may have great judgement calling plays on a football field but that seems to be where his good judgement ends. There is exactly one SEC head coach I wouldn't trust alone in a room with an underage female........ Hugh Freeze.

It will be very interesting to see this recruiting class. How will the high school seniors see Freeze?

Everyone negative recruited UT all these years and we were getting killed on the recruiting trail with coaches throwing the NCAA investigation and its potential crushing punishments up to blue chip recruits. No doubt it hurt us.

Now the SEC will be throwing Freeze's reputation to all these parents.

So will Freeze and Aub have enough juice and pull enough elite talent to upgrade that roster quickly? IDK.
I would never allow my son to go with him and be subject to his whims, but many of these parents are looking for different outcomes for their child than I am.

Get some popcorn and see how this shakes out.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
You would think that would be the case when he went to Liberty, but here we are.

Not really. He basically admitted to it.
If a person is accused of sexually assaulting two dozen women, and no law enforcement agency, no one in the judicial system takes any of the allegations seriously enough to do anything about it, there is something up. He is not that rich, nor that important. I don’t know what he admitted to, but he would be locked up if he did half of those things.

VN Store

Back