HUGE weekend coming up for Vols recruiting

"The season" is not an official NCAA event like a postseason game.

"The prospective student-athlete may purchase these tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public "

I would imagine this is the loophole. I would hope that, knowing this OV weekend was coming, the AD held some number of tickets so that they could be purchased at face value, which can't be much.

"The prospective student-athlete may purchase these tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public "

I would imagine this is the loophole. I would hope that, knowing this OV weekend was coming, the AD held some number of tickets so that they could be purchased at face value, which can't be much.
Wasn't the case last year when this scenario came to attention.

"The season" is not an official NCAA event like a postseason game.
Could you clarify? I think the point is that recruits go to NCAA events all the time, like UT football games. "We want Nico" was chanted at a NCAA basketball game. We've had recent sightings of surprise recruits at UT baseball games.

Deadly accurate according to Bylaw 13.6.7.2.2 NCAA or Other Postseason Contests.
Again, can you clarify? Bylaw seems to allow up to six complementary tickets:

13.6.7.2 Complimentary Admissions. [A] During the official visit, a maximum of three six complimentary admissions to a home athletics event at any facility within a 30-mile radius of the institution's main campus in which the institution's intercollegiate team practices or competes may be provided to a prospective student-athlete. Such complimentary admissions are for the exclusive use of the prospective student-athlete and those persons accompanying the prospective student-athlete on the visit and must be issued only through a pass list on an individual-game basis. Such admissions may provide seating only in the general seating area of the facility used for conducting the event. Providing seating during the conduct of the event (including intermission) for the prospective student-athlete or those persons accompanying the prospective student-athlete in the facility's press box, special seating box(es) or bench area is specifically prohibited. [R]

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Again, can you clarify? Bylaw seems to allow up to six complementary tickets:

The reasoning is NCAA does not want to give schools participating in post-season events a recruiting advantage over teams that are not.

But you quoted rule 13.6.7.2. The actual rule is 13.6.7.2.2 and reads as follows

[B said:
Division I NCAA Bylaw 13.6.7.2.2 [/B] states the provision of complimentary or reduced-cost admissions to prospective student-athletes for an NCAA championship (all rounds) or other postseason contests (e.g., bowl game, NAIA or NIT championship) constitutes excessive entertainment and is prohibited. The prospective student-athlete may purchase these tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public]

Reactions: Orange_Crush
A regular season game, and not an NCAA tournament site.
Can you point out where that dfistinction is written? The bylaw you referenced merely states that it has to be a home game, at a facility in which the team normally practices or plays, within 30 miles of campus. I may be mistaken, but I think UT's home field super-regional fits that criteria.

The reasoning is NCAA does not want to give schools participating in post-season events a recruiting advantage over teams that are not.

But you quoted rule 13.6.7.2. The actual rule is 13.6.7.2.2 and reads as follows
Thank you. But who is "[B" in your quote? I quoted the bylaw in its entirety and didn't find that.

Reactions: GenRRN

Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you. But who is "[B" in your quote? I quoted the bylaw in its entirety and didn't find that.

I believe that is almost 100% user error when I tried to do that quote. I saw that and could not get rid of it in the preview. And that was just an explanation of the rule I found online. I went ahead and looked at the NCAA 2021-2022 by laws and it looks like it is in multiple places.

13.6.7.2.2 NCAA Championships or Other Postseason Contests. The provision of complimentary or reduced-cost admissions to prospective student-athletes for an NCAA championship (all rounds) or other postseason contests (e.g., bowl game, NAIA or NIT championship) constitutes excessive entertainment and is prohibited. The prospective student-athlete may purchase these tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public

13.7.3.4 NCAA Championships or Other Postseason Contests. The provision of complimentary or reduced-cost admissions to prospective student-athletes for an NCAA championship (all rounds) or other postseason contests (e.g., bowl game, NAIA or NIT championship) constitutes excessive entertainment and is prohibited. The prospective student-athlete may purchase tickets to such events only in the same manner as any other member of the general public

And it apparently includes conference tournaments too.

13.6.7.2.1 Conference Tournaments. A member institution may not provide complimentary admissions to a prospective student-athlete for a postseason conference tournament. The prospective student-athlete may purchase tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public.

I believe that is almost 100% user error on doing that quote. I saw that and could not get rid of it in the preview. And that was just an explanation of the rule I found online. I went ahead and looked at the NCAA 2021-2022 by laws and it looks like it is in multiple places.

13.6.7.2.2 NCAA Championships or Other Postseason Contests. The provision of complimentary or reduced-cost admissions to prospective student-athletes for an NCAA championship (all rounds) or other postseason contests (e.g., bowl game, NAIA or NIT championship) constitutes excessive entertainment and is prohibited. The prospective student-athlete may purchase these tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public

13.7.3.4 NCAA Championships or Other Postseason Contests. The provision of complimentary or reduced-cost admissions to prospective student-athletes for an NCAA championship (all rounds) or other postseason contests (e.g., bowl game, NAIA or NIT championship) constitutes excessive entertainment and is prohibited. The prospective student-athlete may purchase tickets to such events only in the same manner as any other member of the general public

And it apparently includes conference tournaments too.

13.6.7.2.1 Conference Tournaments. A member institution may not provide complimentary admissions to a prospective student-athlete for a postseason conference tournament. The prospective student-athlete may purchase tickets only in the same manner as any other member of the general public.
Gotcha. (Wasn't trying to be a smart___ per the quote.)

Just can't give them free or discount tickets. Also, can't get special seats or hang out in the dugout or anything regular spectators can't do. That's all. Big whoop.

Just can't give them free or discount tickets. Also, can't get special seats or hang out in the dugout or anything regular spectators can't do. That's all. Big whoop.

Can we let them partake of the party atmosphere outside the stadium where they might get some real fan love.

They also can’t have snacks, sit down, or watch the game.

I kid, but seriously, the NCAA needs to go.

C

Cannot take a recruit to an NCAA run event (postseason, etc) on an official visit.
are you sure? We've had kids at all kinds of on campus ballsgames before. I think the NCAA prohibits the University from unfairly mentioning their names. WOC players are now profitting from. Purposes of officials are its on University dime.

VN Store

Back