Hubbs may need surgery

No, Hubbs right now is still gonna play. They are looking at possibly doing a scope on his knee if he doesn't improve by our trip to Brooklyn. He would likely only need a few weeks recovery and Tennessee is off 2 weeks after the Brooklyn trip until they play Butler, so ideally he misses no games.
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I know you didn't mention this, but why wouldn't Hubbs miss this next game or two? It would be a great opportunity for Mostella or Shembarri to step up. No point in aggitating his injury further IMO. And these next games are easy Ws.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I know you didn't mention this, but why wouldn't Hubbs miss this next game or two? It would be a great opportunity for Mostella or Shembarri to step up. No point in aggitating his injury further IMO. And these next games are easy Ws.

Not sure, unless Barnes feels they need Hubbs. From how he made it sound he's ok to play, but it's the next day or two he's having pain which has kept him from being able to practice much.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless very minor, I'd redshirt him. He's beginning to come on and he needs two heathy seasons.

A "scope" surgery is the use of a small, fiber optic type probe inserted into the joint so the doctor can explore and look inside it to see what's going on.
When a doctor does a scope in this situation, it typically is because they have been unable to identify the issue with tests such as MRI, X-ray, etc. Then they suggest to do this type of surgery to see what is causing the symptoms.
Returning to sport in 2 weeks would be pushing it. Usually the person can return to sport activities in around 3-4 weeks, depending on the doctor. That's if they only do the exploratory scope surgery and don't do anything else surgically during the scope to fix any potential issues they may find. If they do anything more at all, recovery/return to sport time increases.

Reactions: 2 people
Per VQ as of now no surgery for Hubbs is expected, played all 20 minutes in the second half, will see how he does tomorrow playing in about a 12 hour turn around.

Someone mentioned earlier that this wouldn't be a good year for Barnes. It has to be said, these aren't his guys, and he doesn't have much to work with. With Hubbs going down, you can't bet, whoever does play is going to play hard. Barnes is a great fit for UT and his coaching performance really can't be judged until next year.

As long as the guys he has this year are playing hard, I have no qualms about records.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Hubbs can avoid having to have surgery this year. He appears to finally be living up to his ranking out of high school. His confidence looks like it gets higher after each game so far this yr. Barnes made a comment after one of our games(whoever we played b4 Army iirc) about him believing Hubbs can score on ANYBODY inside. At the time I kinda rolled my eyes, but I think coaches confidence in him is rubbing off on RH3.

Not sure of his % so far, but that confidence is also translating on his 3 pt shots. imo

Hes had some really nice reverse pivets and up and unders that would make a lot of big men jealous.

Hurts.

Hoops: Tennessee announces Robert Hubbs underwent arthroscopic procedure on his knee today. Won't practice this week, doubtful for Butler.

I hope that Phillips and Mostella are productive with the extra minutes they'll be getting. I suppose CRB could go with a bigger lineup as well... give more PT to Admiral, JM, Alexander, and Kasongo.

Hurts.

Hoops: Tennessee announces Robert Hubbs underwent arthroscopic procedure on his knee today. Won't practice this week, doubtful for Butler.

I hope the best for him. I've had arthroscopic surgery. If he does what's required he will be back in no time.

VN Store

Back