HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW

How you like me now that I’ve beat you once again, now that like every year you schedule me I knock you out of the East championship game. How do you like to lose recruits because you can’t compete with the big boys. How do you like me giving Georgia or Florida the East championship every year because they are smart enough not to schedule me. How do you like me when you say “we don’t run from competition“ we just fire coaches that CAN’T compete. How do you like me when you always say you’re just a pansy for bringing that crap up in here. How do you like me when the only thing you have to look forward to is the next coaching search.

WE DONT NEED TO BE SCHEDULING BAMA EVERY YEAR, LETS START A NEW TRADITION, BEATING THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
👆🏼
BA117F52-00BE-4282-A360-856DD9DDBBBC.jpeg

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Hey that's it lets get rid of bama.

Because that's the problem.

Can't beat GSU.
Got crushed by kentucky.

We are so far from worrying about bama right now it's not even funny. Based in this logic, lets get the hell out of the sec, we might win in the.....SUN BELT.... Conference.

Sigh

FYP.

This is a different generation of football. We are approaching unprecedented levels in this series to the point that no one on the roster can remember the last time we beat Bama. I get the bravado that we have to beat the best, but we can’t even beat the worst in our division consistently.

Reactions: Smartvol17
How you like me now that I’ve beat you once again, now that like every year you schedule me I knock you out of the East championship game. How do you like to lose recruits because you can’t compete with the big boys. How do you like me giving Georgia or Florida the East championship every year because they are smart enough not to schedule me. How do you like me when you say “we don’t run from competition“ we just fire coaches that CAN’T compete. How do you like me when you always say you’re just a pansy for bringing that crap up in here. How do you like me when the only thing you have to look forward to is the next coaching search.

WE DONT NEED TO BE SCHEDULING BAMA EVERY YEAR, LETS START A NEW TRADITION, BEATING THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Who is this "me" you keep referring to? That would help me be able to answer the question. But I will try to answer you're questions in the order you asked them.

If you're referring to Alabama, I don't like them, and if we never played them again, it wouldn't change that very fact.
If we played them every year, and win every time, I still wouldn't like them.
If we lose every time we play them, yep, still feel the same.

We're not winning the east this year anyway ... playing Bama is a moot point.
How about all those times (you know, back in the day) that we played them and won the east?
How about those times we played them, beat them, and still lost the east?
ps - there is no "east championship game"

I don't like to lose recruits, especially because we can't compete with the big boys. Next ...

Florida plays LSU every year. Last year, LSU won it all. They may have found a QB, and give UF an L again this year.
UGA plays Auburn every year. It's another relatively close series.
I think the way football cycles, soon enough, Bama will be down, LSU and Auburn will be going toe to toe with UF and UGA.
I don't see your point.
By the way, is UGA and UF in charge of their in conference schedule? I thought someone else decided who played who in conference.

I don't know what you mean when you say, "How do you like me when you say “we don’t run from competition“ we just fire coaches that CAN’T compete. "
We cancelled a game against North Carolina under Dooley if I remember correctly. We ran from competition.
But what does that have to do with firing coaches that CAN'T compete? I suppose you mean Dooley and Butch. What else are we supposed to do? Keep them?

"How do you like me when you always say you’re just a pansy for bringing that crap up in here."
I don't even know how to answer this question. I don't know who "you" and "me" are, or who called someone a name. Sorry.

I actually love a good coaching search. I get addicted to them very quickly, and it actually consumes way too much of my time, for which I have to repent. Seriously.
Head coach, coordinator, position coaches. I love it. Can't wait for the next round of Gruden threads ... I live in those when they're fresh.

If we can beat Bama in the Championship game, then why don't we just beat them in the regular season, and play someone else in the Championship game?
I don't care when we play Bama, as long as we beat them. And I don't care who we play in the Championship game as long as we win. But that's just me.

I would like to add, I sure am glad Bama is the only team we play in the west that ever beats us, and costs us a shot to play in the SEC Title game.

Well OP, I tried to answer you questions as honestly and best as I could. If you aren't referring to Bama as "me" then none of my answers will make any sense.
Hope this helps.

ps - I get it ... we're all frustrated to varying degrees.

c39330111be00611c81d04ffcd2fc65f.gif

Last edited:
True. In fact, a loss to Alabama has only cost Tennessee the SEC East one time since divisional play began in 1992... and that was in 1992.

Furthermore, one could argue that if we'd have beaten South Carolina (after that fantastic run by Mose Phillips) that we'd have won the east still.

I don’t want to win the East if we can’t beat Bama!

If you are losing to Kentucky, don’t waste the breath required to complain about playing Alabama.

We don’t get rid of the Third Saturday in October, period. We need to stop whining and get better.

VN Store

Back