How would you rate John Chavis as a Defensive Coordinator?

Must be why he's made tons of money coaching, has helped thousands of kids through association with his sport and the schools he's coached for and is respected throughout his profession. I'm curious as to how your couch coaching career measures up?
Sanders is a good position coach and that's it. He was only able to make OC at KY and fans didnt like him there as he was average at best, the same he was here. He never did anything of note at FSU.

It was Cut that came in and had to completely rebuild Ainge from the ground up because he was so broken. Great job by Cut in saving Ainge's career.

Sanders is a good position coach and that's it. He was only able to make OC at KY and fans didnt like him there as he was average at best, the same he was here. He never did anything of note at FSU.

It was Cut that came in and had to completely rebuild Ainge from the ground up because he was so broken. Great job by Cut in saving Ainge's career.
I never said anything different, just claimed that he's helped a bunch of young men through athletics, that he's respected throughout the coaching ranks and that he's definitely better than our NegaVol couch coaches. The fact that he is a #VFL just makes that type of "fan" look even worse.

I never said anything different, just claimed that he's helped a bunch of young men through athletics, that he's respected throughout the coaching ranks and that he's definitely better than our NegaVol couch coaches. The fact that he is a #VFL just makes that type of "fan" look even worse.
I never said he wasn’t a good position coach. Don’t recall anyone saying it. He was a bad offensive coordinator. Phil should have figured that out a heck of a lot sooner. We could have won some championships rather than taking a backseat to Mark Richt.

Reactions: Bigun
When Florida under Spurrier got a turnover near mid field, they were going for a TD every, single time. He never figured that out..lol!

When Florida under Spurrier got a turnover near mid field, they were going for a TD every, single time. He never figured that out..lol!

In fairness, there weren’t any other coaches that figured it out either. Spurrier changed football for sure, and at the same time we accomplished a lot of great things, all while being in the same division as UF and taking a few from them every now and then. Chief was a big part of those wins.

I remember watching him and Albert Haynesworth in a huge fight on the sidelines of the 2001 UGA game late, when he had been having Haynesworth drop back into pass coverage on their TE (we know how that was working out) so he pulled Haynesworth and I believe had Henderson dropping into coverage after that. We also know how that worked out on hobnailed boot later. Chavis was stocked with elite NFL talent here and at LSU. Never did what he should have with it and from what I understand, didn't do much of any recruiting of it either.

VN Store

Back