How would we have performed without the outgoing transfers?

VolforFootball

I like pizza
Do you guys think the current results would be different if so many of our better players had not transferred out?

I know it’s irrelevant at this point, but do you think we would have won more or less games so far had guys like Crouch, Henry T., Chandler, Gray, Wanya, Jamir Johnson, Deandre Johnson, had stayed?

Do you guys think the current results would be different if so many of our better players had not transferred out?

I know it’s irrelevant at this point, but do you think we would have won more or less games so far had guys like Crouch, Henry T., Chandler, Gray, Wanya, Jamir Johnson, Deandre Johnson, had stayed?
Maybe not as good as we are now. Many of those transfers needed to go. Addition by subtraction

We really could’ve used the one guy you left out. Key Lawrence. We need speed on the back end bad.

We beat PITT and OLE MISS if none of those guys left and lose by lesser margins to Bama, UGA, and UF.

Yes I'd add 1 win - maybe 2 of the close ones.

Deandre would have added to our sacks. Toots would have anchored an awful LB corps. Wanya...well we could use any OL for sure.

I'll say Toots would shut some of that QB run nonsense and him and DJ would improve our atrocious 3rd down defense.

Overall I'd guess we split Ole Miss and Pitt rather than drop both. Give Bama more of a sweat too.

When you talk about 32 or 34 players that quit on us you're talking about LOTS of talent we lost.

Starters and lots of backup depth we lost so when CJH walked in the door he had part of a roster that was just decimated.

Having all those guys if, and a BIG if, they'd all bought in and worked hard under this coaching staff I have zero doubts that we would have WON over Pitt and Ole Piss.

I also think we would have gotten the WIN over floriDUHHH.

That would have put the nail in the coffin of their HC 1 year earlier.

We'll finish off Mullins next season and he can go get a job working for bOtch jones, LOL!

VFL...GBO!!!

We might be 4-6, though.

Team is a lot more than the sum of the parts. Or, sometimes, a lot less. And it is some pretty complex social chemistry.

If a lot of the lads who left instead stayed, but were only kind of half-here mentally, one-foot-in-and-one-foot-out so to speak, the team might not have hung as tough as we did for the Kentucky game. And might be packing it in now for the close of the season, rather than staying together and strong.

Yes, we'd have had some position groups with better talent. LB comes to mind first. And the OL wouldn't have been so susceptible to depth problems when lads were injured.

Nonetheless, there's no knowing for sure that we might not have been worse off with them, than without them. As a TEAM.

I'm just proud of the lads we do have. And the team they've formed. There's a lot they can hold their heads high about.

Go Vols!

Only ones I could see having a significant impact would be Crouch and To’To. We have done better and even upgraded at most positions vacated by players that left. Crouch and To’To would have helped this defense and would have been studs under Banks play calling and development.

We might be 4-6, though.

Team is a lot more than the sum of the parts. Or, sometimes, a lot less. And it is some pretty complex social chemistry.

If a lot of the lads who left instead stayed, but were only kind of half-here mentally, one-foot-in-and-one-foot-out so to speak, the team might not have hung as tough as we did for the Kentucky game. And might be packing it in now for the close of the season, rather than staying together and strong.

Yes, we'd have had some position groups with better talent. LB comes to mind first. And the OL wouldn't have been so susceptible to depth problems when lads were injured.

Nonetheless, there's no knowing for sure that we might not have been worse off with them, than without them. As a TEAM.

I'm just proud of the lads we do have. And the team they've formed. There's a lot they can hold their heads high about.

Go Vols!

Yep, you can see esprit de corps in action, but you can't quantify it, let alone precisely predict its evolution.

I look at them like leaking breast implants. Sure on the outside they made us look great, but deep inside they were slowly poisoning us.

It easy to look at talent and say that would’ve helped a lot, but if those kids had that “me first” attitude it could’ve ruined the current team chemistry. Just look at our last season when we had all them, how did that turn out?

Henry T would have made a pretty big difference. Our LBs have been really bad.
Crouch has also done well as a starter on a top 10 team. They would've helped for sure. Either Chandler or gray would've helped given our injuries at RB. Same with Johnson or Morris. Key would've be able to challenge for a safety spot. DeAndre Johnson might have been a decent WDE, good depth at least.

Even if none of them were starters (and at least a couple of them would've been) they would have been very good depth for a team that desperately needs some depth.

We might be 4-6, though.

Go Vols!

Bingo. Those who remained, have excelled *in spite of* the challenges that they've faced. The ones who left have separated themselves from the conversation, consideration, and the Vol legacy moving forward. Props to those who decided to stay...they're the ones who are laying the foundation for the future. GBO...forever and always!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
No idea but I know the qb runs would’ve been covered better if we had some linebackers. Hate him if you want but with Toto possibly we win the Ole Miss game, possibly even the Pitt game.

It doesn’t matter how good you are if you don’t make players around you better. The majority that left had a “me first” attitude which wouldn’t have been helpful this year. This team over-achieved and in the process learned that they had no ceiling.

Reactions: savannahfan and tbh
Did Hooker/Milton announce their intentions to transfer to UT before or after Guarantano announced his? We could have all those transfers back but it wouldn’t matter if JG was still QB.

JG was always gone, regardless of what happened. His time at TN was over.

VN Store

Back