How will we match up against Wisconsin

vol_in_ar

They have a great back in PJ Hill, and he was hurt against Minnesota and his back up Zack Brown ran for 250.

this is just speculation...but is most likely. As for a matchup, I have a feeling we won't want to be there so I don't see things turning out too good for us. If it turns out we do want to be there though I think we could give them a good game. I was at the outback bowl last year though and they were just so freakin flat the whole game. Don't expect much difference this year.

It's the predicted match-up on CBS Sportsline.

I agree that we should match-up well, if we come ready to play

Another meaningless bowl game against a slow methodical run team. Sounds a whole lot like penn state. All depends if we actually want to play the game.

Yeah, I'd like to have Penn State kick our a$$ AGAIN. I had to look at my neighbors Penn State Flag flying outside his house all year.

Actually, we may be in good shape. Run only teams like Arkansas and Georgia (at the time) were shut down by our Defense. I fully expect Chavis to sell out to stop the run and take his chances in the secondary. If Wisconson cannot run then they will lose big.

The front four will have to keep playing hard like the Arkansas game. Ainge will have to quit being scared and step into the pocket and throw instead of throwing it into the stands. Also we are taking the Outback bowl for sure. My friend is the pilot for a BIG booster and Hamilton called her and said the outback bowl and she called my freind and told him to take care of the details that we were going to Tampa

We match up great on paper.... just like last year. We just cant beat Joe Pa. We'll lay the wood to Wisconsin just like we did to Michigan a few years back.

i think we match well with them, too..

but whether or not our guys will be ready to play after a few weeks off... I dunno.

i will be severely pissed if we don't win a bowl game... AGAIN...

A meaningless game. Hopefully our coaches will play our younger guys like Crompton, but I don't think they think like this. I doubt if many UT fans will travel to the game.

P.S. HV, if you are out there, do we have any incoming recruits that will be in school early that can practice withe the team, al la Jason Allen?

Actually, we may be in good shape. Run only teams like Arkansas and Georgia (at the time) were shut down by our Defense. I fully expect Chavis to sell out to stop the run and take his chances in the secondary. If Wisconson cannot run then they will lose big.

I agree the D plays good against run only teams.

I would expect to see a Big Orange victory against Wisconsin

I hear everybody talking about Crompton....What I hear is BJ Coleman has closed the gap and will get his shot in the spring. Besides is Crompton that good,, he couldn't even get any snaps from Ainge who at times loos horrible then flip a coin and he looks like Mr. heisman

All Wisconsin has done all year is run run run. They pass, but don't have nearly as much success as they do running the ball. Stop the run, force the pass and we should be alright. Their defense is average.

They have a great back in PJ Hill, and he was hurt against Minnesota and his back up Zack Brown ran for 250.

I think its hard to say how we match up because you never know if our players will show up mentally for a rather meaningless bowl game...

But...on paper...it looks like the typical SEC vs. Big 10 matchup...you know...speed vs. strength

IF our players and coaches show up ready to play and caoch I think we'll run away with it

Well I for one hope to the Lord above we win because my husband is a badger fan and all his family too and I will be moving up there this month!!! UGH! We better win but one thing my van will be decked out in orange with both of my flags up!!! Boy ! Am I going to stick out like a sore thumb in all that red up there!!! ???

VN Store

Back