How to cheer guide

PeaceCorpsVol

That was embarrassing. I want to know what genius thought it was a good idea to print that and to showcase on national television. The blue bloods are looking at us like we just won the Powerball, rolling into the country club shirtless in overalls with a bag of McDonald's.

Last edited:
Tell more. I just caught a snippet before I muted. Was it a handout? I've always thought the Tennessee crowd is quite savvy. I go back to the Ron Widby and Billy Justus and Ernie/Bernie days but lost interest over the mediocre stretches.

Tell more. I just caught a snippet before I muted. Was it a handout? I've always thought the Tennessee crowd is quite savvy. I go back to the Ron Widby and Billy Justus and Ernie/Bernie days but lost interest over the mediocre stretches.

They showed it on TV shortly before tipoff. It looked like it was from the local newspaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: malinoisvol
Well, at least I know where the taco suit comes from now. Also answers the question about the big head signs. The rest was pretty much worthless.

What’s the story with the girl pouting during the enter sandman song during pregame? She’s obviously some other kind of fixture.

Can't blame them for making the guide. I've been saying it for years: terribly ignorant bball fans for the most part. Pretty much lost concerning the timing to make noise. The guide is embarrassing, but what else are they supposed to do? Most UT fans NEED help with it. Our attendance is wasted by the ignorance if you believe that a loud crowd is an advantage.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Can't blame them for making the guide. I've been saying it for years: terribly ignorant bball fans for the most part. Pretty much lost concerning the timing to make noise. The guide is embarrassing, but what else are they supposed to do? Most UT fans NEED help with it. Our attendance is wasted by the ignorance if you believe that a loud crowd is an advantage.
How many games have you been to this season?

Reactions: allvoltrey
How so? I. Have season tix and have been to every game this season and think the crowd has been great most of the time.
We faced our largest if the season today, and you barely heard a peep from the crowd (relatively speaking) until we pulled it to one point. The crowd gets loud after exciting plays or when there's a bad call on the floor, but the support on defensive possessions is virtually nonexistent. I will give them credit for getting loud in a tight game in the closing minutes, but today was an ugly example of the common UT fan not understanding the ebbs and flows of basketball. That's not to say they're bad fans, but there's an obvious lack of understanding. It's been this way for years.

Reactions: 08Vol and FlVols
How many games have you been to this season?
Just one this season, but I only missed a small handful during the 7 years i was student from '06 to '13.

Had to watch the replay today knowing it was sold out, and I was very disappointed with the crowd when we were trailing in the first half.

VN Store

Back