How the heck is KY..

More Q1 wins. Looking at how they fair in tournaments (I know, it's this year not last, but still), they're 3x defending SECT champions, and until someone can knock them off, that's in the minds. Just win, and everything will be sorted out.

By the way, ESPN has Kentucky as a 1, but CBS has Tennessee as a 1. It's not worth the complaints.

Edit: 4x defending champion.

Most Q1 wins in the country and a significantly higher strength of schedule thanks to Kansas falling off for us. Also have the name and prestige thing going for them. Tennessee wins Saturday, they clinch the 2 seed (thanks for the correction whobethis) in the conference tournament. They win the conference tournament? They get a one seed. It's that simple

Reactions: screenthis
Most Q1 wins in the country and a significantly higher strength of schedule thanks to Kansas falling off for us. Also have the name and prestige thing going for them. Tennessee wins Saturday, they clinch the 1 seed in the conference tournament. They win the conference tournament? They get a one seed. It's that simple

Only clinch if LSU loses 1 of their last 2. Both go 2-0, LSU is the #1.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Even better, we get a chance to beat Kentucky a day earlier and clinch. Our destiny is in our hands in March, can't ask for more then that.

Lose Saturday, we drop to the 3. Kentucky will have faired better against the #4 (Auburn) than we did, so they get the higher seed. Except the #1 in SECT, yes it is. Good position to be in.

I understand they have more Q1 wins but they also have two pretty bad losses that we don't have. Seton Hall and to an Alabama team that quite frankly seems to be falling apart. The Seton Hall loss also happened in Rupp I believe.

From what I understand is they put more weight in their win at full strength, than ours when they were missing Reid (think that's his name). Which I think is total BULL. Keep winning and I could care less!! GBO

Most Q1 wins in the country and a significantly higher strength of schedule thanks to Kansas falling off for us. Also have the name and prestige thing going for them. Tennessee wins Saturday, they clinch the 2 seed (thanks for the correction whobethis) in the conference tournament. They win the conference tournament? They get a one seed. It's that simple

Kansas isn't our problem. It's GTech, Wake Forest, and West Virginia, who are all awful. You just couldn't predict that preseason. Switch those with Clemson, BC, and Baylor, and we are sitting pretty.

Kansas isn't our problem. It's GTech, Wake Forest, and West Virginia, who are all awful. You just couldn't predict that preseason. Switch those with Clemson, BC, and Baylor, and we are sitting pretty.

Totally agree. However it really sucks that we played Kansas at full strength before their slew of injuries accrued. We lost to a top 5 caliber team that now looks more like a top 15-20 team, if that. That was my only point.

Reactions: feathersax
Win Saturday - win the tournament - it all works out. Simple as that - now it is more of the blue blood lovers wishes - after next weekend, it will be set correctly.

Reactions: vol_fan_dan
If we win Saturday but lose in the final of SECT, you think we get the 1?

I hope we play LSU in the final because I think payback will be a bitch for them. That means either UT or LSU takes out KY in the semi's which will not be easy to do.
Obviously we can't be sure how the #1 and #2 SECT seeds will shake out until the games are over on Saturday. I think KY is a #3 regardless unless LSU loses tonight and Saturday.

From what I understand is they put more weight in their win at full strength, than ours when they were missing Reid (think that's his name). Which I think is total BULL. Keep winning and I could care less!! GBO

They were two completely different games. In Lexington Reid was very effective because the refs let it be a UFC match. In Knoxville, Reid would have been in foul trouble just like every other big man or he'd had to play very soft, thus limiting his effectiveness.

Strange but "they" dont devalue Kentucky's wins over Auburn, Kansas and Florida when they all had big men (all as good if not better than Reid) out when Ky beat them........

They were two completely different games. In Lexington Reid was very effective because the refs let it be a UFC match. In Knoxville, Reid would have been in foul trouble just like every other big man or he'd had to play very soft, thus limiting his effectiveness.

Strange but "they" dont devalue Kentucky's wins over Auburn, Kansas and Florida when they all had big men (all as good if not better than Reid) out when Ky beat them........

I agree completely, but they are going to feed the blue bloods. Maybe in a few years if CRB can keep this going things might be different.

VN Store

Back