How Much Time?

cd12

I think that most agree that CPF deserves a chance to turn things around mainly because of the things he has accomplished, mainly the NC. However how much time should he be given and how long can he live off the 98 season? Are there any similarities to Lou Holtz's experience at ND?

Originally posted by crimedawg12@Nov 8, 2005 3:47 PM
I think that most agree that CPF deserves a chance to turn things around mainly because of  the things he has accomplished, mainly the NC. However how much time should he be given and how long can he live off the 98 season?  Are there any similarities to Lou Holtz's experience at ND?
[snapback]185888[/snapback]​

Two seasons,that is it. Then he is with Lucabrazzi, sleeping with the fishes.

Attachments

• luca.jpg
    luca.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by crimedawg12@Nov 8, 2005 3:47 PM
I think that most agree that CPF deserves a chance to turn things around mainly because of  the things he has accomplished, mainly the NC. However how much time should he be given and how long can he live off the 98 season?  Are there any similarities to Lou Holtz's experience at ND?
[snapback]185888[/snapback]​

If every coach should be considered for termination just because they haven't won a national championship in 8 years, none of the "legendary" coaches would be coaching today. I think we as fans lose patience with our teams. I dont know where this "should we fire fulmer?" thing has come from. We have been a powerhouse team of the SEC (except for this year) under Fulmer year in and year out, regardless if you dislike the things that have gone on recently. Guys like Joe Paterno and Lou Holtz and Bobby Bowden have had stretches in their coaching careers when they did not win a NC for 8 years, and they still have their jobs. Let's not be unrational here.

I mean look at Michigan's coach (I can't remember his name right now). He's in the same category.

Originally posted by gonygonygo@Nov 8, 2005 5:07 PM
If every coach should be considered for termination just because they haven't won a national championship in 8 years, none of the "legendary" coaches would be coaching today.  I think we as fans lose patience with our teams.  I dont know where this "should we fire fulmer?" thing has come from.  We have been a powerhouse team of the SEC (except for this year) under Fulmer year in and year out, regardless if you dislike the things that have gone on recently.  Guys like Joe Paterno and Lou Holtz and Bobby Bowden have had stretches in their coaching careers when they did not win a NC for 8 years, and they still have their jobs.  Let's not be unrational here.

I mean look at Michigan's coach (I can't remember his name right now).  He's in the same category.
[snapback]185911[/snapback]​

I think Carr is starting to feel some heat too! Look what happened to Cooper at Ohio State. Then the new guy comes in and wins A NC!

Give him time to work like heck to get better. PF will get better, especially if he and the team work like heck. :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle:

next year if the offense shows no improvement hamilton will have no choice except to make a change.

2 more years . . .but I think this will all be irrelevant once we are back in the hunt next year.

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 8, 2005 5:09 PM
2 more years . . .but I think this will all be irrelevant once we are back in the hunt next year.
[snapback]185973[/snapback]​

I hope you are correct. :cross:

osu's cooper had great eyars every year. the only reason he was fired is because he couldn't beat michigan and that drove locals mad.

loyd carr has won the big 10 championship 5 times since 1997.

five out of eight years. and they may win next year.

but if they lose to ohio state this year he is on his way out.

i also think cooper did not win the big ten championship outright the whole time he was at OSU. i could be wrong on that.

VN Store

Back