How Much Of A Picky Eater Are You?

4 for me. I don't eat a lot of the foods listed, as I try to limit/eliminate unhealthy foods from my diet. Only 4 listed foods that I can't stand the taste of though: olives, cottage cheese, grapefruits, and eggplants.

Reactions: MAD
I’m an adventurous eater. There are two things that I will not eat again - fried chicken livers (food poisoning in the 80s), and creamed spinach made with condensed mushroom soup (childhood trauma).

I’m an adventurous eater. There are two things that I will not eat again - fried chicken livers (food poisoning in the 80s), and creamed spinach made with condensed mushroom soup (childhood trauma).
Food poisoning I can understand, but what caused the childhood trauma?

Food poisoning I can understand, but what caused the childhood trauma?
My mother was of the opinion that my father enjoyed this goop made with frozen spinach and a can of condensed mushroom soup, so she served it often. It made me and my siblings gag, but my parents did not believe one should waste food, so we were required to eat what was served on our plates. I spent many a night in my room rather than swallow that gunk. Eventually, my mother got the message and turned to other foodstuffs. To this day, the smell of creamed spinach made with mushroom soup will induce a gag reflex.

By the way, I love fresh spinach, wilted spinach, spinach in soups and other dishes, even spinach pizza. You mix spinach and canned mushroom soup, and I will demure.

The other night, I served wilted spinach with sautéed mushrooms. That canned mushroom soup & spinach is Satanic. The devil inspired some jerk at Campbell’s to put that recipe on a can...

Reactions: MAD and VolFaninFla
My mother was of the opinion that my father enjoyed this goop made with frozen spinach and a can of condensed mushroom soup, so she served it often. It made me and my siblings gag, but my parents did not believe one should waste food, so we were required to eat what was served on our plates. I spent many a night in my room rather than swallow that gunk. Eventually, my mother got the message and turned to other foodstuffs. To this day, the smell of creamed spinach made with mushroom soup will induce a gag reflex.
Is there a support group for that?😄

Last edited:

VN Store

Back