How much better is UGA?

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
Yesterday was a day I will never forget as a vol fan, but Heup and this team should be moving on. We should not overlook anyone, but I imagine this week we will begin gameplannig for more that just UT Martin.

As we fans look ahead how much better do we think UGA is than the Bama team we faced yesterday? They have had some struggles, and only really shrugged it off recently. I think they are the most talented team in the SEC. Their TE Bowers is a monster. Bennet is a gamer, but nowhere near as good as Young IMO. Curious on others thoughts. I think it will he an equally tough game and see their defense causing us more issues than Bama.

I'm not really worried about their offense like I was with bama. If we can scheme around their defense, we win. They may have that TE, but bennet isn't Bryce young. I honestly don't think they can outscore us if we get 5o rolling.

I feel like Georgia’s offense is way better than their defense. If you go back and watch the blowout of Oregon they moved the ball well just made stupid turnovers or bo nix did his bo nix thing. Their offense was scary at the beginning of the year but has slacked off. I expect a high scoring game with little defense both ways.

With a healthy Tillman, I think we can beat them. They aren’t as good as last year on defense and if we can protect Hendon against Will Anderson, we can vs UGA.

That’s not a prediction, but we are good enough to beat them if we play like we have the last 2 games

We can certainly beat them. Will we? Depends on whether Stetson can handle the pressure we will bring and whether our OL can neutralize their rush as they did vs LSU and Bama.

We can beat uga. Probably a 55/45 chance.

I think Georgia’s D is better
I think Bama’s O is better

Can Georgia’s D stop Tennessee?
Can Georgia’s O keep up with Tennessee?

No & No

The only problem is this will be a road game. I do believe Georgia is more than 3 points better than Bama……….but their offense isn’t. To me opponents D don’t seem to matter as much as their O.

To beat Tennessee this year you will need a great D (just to stop them some) and a great O to try and keep up. Georgia ain’t keeping up not even at their house.

With a healthy Tillman, I think we can beat them. They aren’t as good as last year on defense and if we can protect Hendon against Will Anderson, we can vs UGA.

That’s not a prediction, but we are good enough to beat them if we play like we have the last 2 games

Completely off-topic, but that's a fantastic avi, perico!

I think Georgia is a lot better than bama this year especially defensively. Plus their running backs are so good Stetson doesn’t need to do much. It’s not a good matchup for us but with hooker looking as good as he has you never know.

Reactions: DD4ME
Uncle Lou on his latest video said Tennessee has a less than 30% chance of beating Georgia in Athens.
He is close to correct.
30% chance to beat this UGA team makes us the best UT team in at least 17 years.
30% chance sounds about right.

We can win, but this is a far tougher game than BAMA ever could be.
They are a complete team. We are a great team, but they truly are the best team in CFB. They are the best by a long margin.
Our staff and players will have to be near perfect to win this one.
I believe we can do it, and expect the best.

This win is doable. I feel we can stand up to any team on any day, but have to bring it.
I have said, for several seasons now, we have to punch Goliath in the mouth early and often, and continue to hit for 60 minutes. I have made this statement and we have not been up to the task.
This TEAM and these players are the team who can finally accomplish this mission.
For the first time in forever, the VOLS control their own destiny.

Yesterday was a day I will never forget as a vol fan, but Heup and this team should be moving on. We should not overlook anyone, but I imagine this week we will begin gameplannig for more that just UT Martin.

As we fans look ahead how much better do we think UGA is than the Bama team we faced yesterday? They have had some struggles, and only really shrugged it off recently. I think they are the most talented team in the SEC. Their TE Bowers is a monster. Bennet is a gamer, but nowhere near as good as Young IMO. Curious on others thoughts. I think it will he an equally tough game and see their defense causing us more issues than Bama.

The great thing about the Alabama win is that the Georgia game doesn't mean as much - assuming Tennessee takes care of the rest of its business, of course. Going 11-1 would still mean a likely playoff spot and avoiding playing Alabama again on a neutral field.

I'm not really worried about their offense like I was with bama. If we can scheme around their defense, we win. They may have that TE, but bennet isn't Bryce young. I honestly don't think they can outscore us if we get 5o rolling.
Right on. Bennett will not be able to avoid our pressure the way Young did. He'll have a hard time getting the ball out and our rushing d seems very good. I don't think they can stop our offense. I think we outpace them 45- 31 type of game.

I think Georgia is a lot better than bama this year especially defensively. Plus their running backs are so good Stetson doesn’t need to do much. It’s not a good matchup for us but with hooker looking as good as he has you never know.
Wow.... we just played the best RB in the country by far...... And no Georgia is not better defensively than Bama. Georgia in fact is starting a true freshman at Safety... You think he stops Hyatt lol. Bama has a better front than UGA because of Anderson. Lets not talk about QB. Georgia has struggled running the ball for the better part of the year.

We've had a lot of good luck, and we helped generate much if it but still breaks can go both ways. I could see us struggling if breaks went UGA's way. They are the kind of team that can play keep away, and maybe have enough firepower to pressure Hooker. Getting Tillman back is big.

VN Store

Back