How many wins next year will it take for you to board the Dooley Train?

How many wins?

• Total voters

Stupified

For me it's 8 with another good batch of recruits.

I think eight wins is very doable for us next year too, as long as everybody comes together in the offseason.

Would it be too crazy to say we had a better team last season than we did this year? Dooley went 8-5 last year (I'm sticking to that). Next year's team will be better than last year's by a mile. Dooley will get 10 wins next season and all will be forgiven.

Reactions: 1 person
8 for me because that means we beat someone in sec besides candy and Kentucky and newcomer Missouri!

eight if one of the eight is against someone important... ie Georgia, USCjr, Florida, or Bama etc

For me to have any faith in him as a coach he needs AT LEAST 10. Everyone is talking about how great of a recruiter he is and how he's had great classes. Well he will be working with 3 of these great recruiting classes of his and will have a bunch of talented juniors to lead the way. If he is the coach all the Dool-aid drinkers are saying he is, then he should easily be able to win at least 10 next season.
You can't say we don't have the talent and at the same time talk about all the talent he has brought in. Next season he will have a team mostly filled with HIS great talent and the youth card is out of play as most of the "leaders" will be at least juniors and will be playing in their 3rd year in a league where the top talent only plays 3 years and your only aloud to play 4 years anyways.
He will only be able to play the injury excuse next year, but since he's brought in so much great talent then injuries shouldn't set us back that much since there should be enough to fill in when the starters get injured.
Plus there is a chance that Bray and others leave after next year anyway so then what? Do we have to listen to his excuses for another few more years since he will have to start all over with new starters? Alot of top programs only get 3 years outta their best players and I won't expect it to be any different here so Dooley shouldn't get any excuses next year. He either wins 10 and proves himself, or hes out the door and we move onto someone that can actually recruit TOP talent and then develop that talent into SEC caliber players that will actually compete and even win the big games.

5 wins with the current staff. i like dd, but at least 2 assistants have to go. if they stay 5 wins. i know this doesn't answer yoiur question, but----

I think the team needs to be improving every season, but since the team took a step this season, I need to see at least 8 wins to be confident in Dooley.

I'll live with 8 if a top 5 recruiting class follows it. Otherwise, it'll take 9 for me.

Also, do the people that picked 5 and 6 realize what that means as it pertains to which games we lose?

a lot of you 9-10 win guys are in for a lot of hurt....enjoy the off season cause come 9/12 your disappointment begins. I am a 7 guy and want to be competitive in each game again.

I voted 8. I think you guys improve a decent amount, but not enough to compete with some of the better teams in the conference. But definitely enough to avoid the debacles that you guys had this year. 9 wins is possible, but let's go with 8 at the moment.

For me to be convinced he is our guy and to get back onto the Dooley Train it would take 9 or 10 wins depending on who we lose to. I hopped off after the UK game. Poor coaching and no motivation from him at all. All i saw him doing was clapping the whole game. reminded me of another coach we used to have. . . .

a lot of you 9-10 win guys are in for a lot of hurt....enjoy the off season cause come 9/12 your disappointment begins. I am a 7 guy and want to be competitive in each game again.

Again? When did it happen before?

If he can't win 8 with that schedule, which doesn't even involve a major upset, he doesn't deserve to stick around.

For me to come around on the guy, he is going to have to win more than that.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back