How many will not renew season tickets?

I would be willing to bet most of the people crying in this thread don’t have and never have had season tickets. I am a col ni matter what. You all need to jump on the bama band wagon the trolling you are doing here is really sorta sad.

Reactions: IronMike
I would be willing to bet most of the people crying in this thread don’t have and never have had season tickets. I am a col ni matter what. You all need to jump on the bama band wagon the trolling you are doing here is really sorta sad.
Thanks for being a real fan and putting the rest of us in our place.

Half FULL or empty...………...HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MANY TICKETS ARE SOLD.
I would dare say all of the games are pretty close to being sold out! How many show up is another issue. Especially based on opponents and their desire to come to Neyland. What you are talking about is Popcorn Sales!! Turn your tickets in......they will be sold.

if they will be sold, then why were tickets for the number one team in the country going for $25 on the street with 30 minutes to go before kickoff?

When you can't even sell out Florida or Bama, you have a serious problem.

Reactions: DC_Vol
Since season tickets to my knowledge generally include home games in Knoxville, there have been 14 home games since the wheels officially fell off in 2017. Of those 14 home games, UT won 50%. Those wins came against Indiana State, UMass, Southern Miss, ETSU, UTEP, Chalotte, and Kentucky.

Based on the past decade which is a pretty long time, it's getting to the point where Butch's two 9 win seasons are more of an anomaly than UT just getting back to the 90's glory days. I don't have season tickets, but I can definitely understand why some no longer see the value in the product and choose to watch from the house. I happened to luck out and chose the Kentucky game as the only game I went to this year. Almost went with Missouri instead -- dodged a bullet there.

I caught your bullet.

Terrible decision on my part.

With each passing year i just continue to find it hard to drop 200 bucks on tickets and another 300 on a hotel and then a 100 on gas to drive from West TN and back. Not sure how my uncle does it every week......

Reactions: Doberman
You a-holes who are local better renew. Were I not 11 hours away and current incapable of walking due to spinal issues (surgery coming in February) I'd be there. I'm thinking of buying season tickets despite knowing I won't physically be able to make it, but feel bad about the possibility knowing that I could be depriving fans a ticket who actually want to be at the game. Give me a break. If you're a fan and are financially capable, you better renew. Even if you can't make the game. I get not wanting to support mediocrity, but have some pride for **** sake.

I'm going to renew right now, just for the anger and disappointment I've experienced by reading this thread. Don't be an embarassment to the university you love, be someone who contributes for a brighter future. If not just for football, then for the players, students, and the orange. Give your all for Tennessee today, or start rooting for Vandy.
If you go to an expensive restaurant and order filet mignon and they bring you a big pile of cow dung do you thank the waiter and give him a big tip? It's a safe bet that fans of UF, Texas, Texas A&M, and other schools that didn't just accept mediocrity are really pulling their hair out now that the new coach is outperforming the old one. Heaven forbid that the people footing the bill for the football program, also known as the fans, actually expect to get a decent product in return for their hard-earned money that they fork out to watch said product.

Reactions: LosingFaithVol
Real men don't support losers! Just like the rest of us schlubs, if they(the university) want money, they are going have to earn it.

Wow entitled much? So the university has to "earn" your money? Only coming for the good times or when the team is good enough for your support? Here's the definition of fair weather fan :
Several psychologists have studied fanloyalty, and what causes a person to be a loyal fan, that sticks with a team through adversity (win or lose), rather than a bandwagon fan or fairweather fan, that switches support to whatever teams happen to be successful at the time.

Reactions: hexnut
Some so called fans don't need to renew their tickets to make room for new fans who are not BSC.

Wow entitled much? So the university has to "earn" your money? Only coming for the good times or when the team is good enough for your support? Here's the definition of fair weather fan :
Several psychologists have studied fanloyalty, and what causes a person to be a loyal fan, that sticks with a team through adversity (win or lose), rather than a bandwagon fan or fairweather fan, that switches support to whatever teams happen to be successful at the time.

So, by your definition all the fair weather fans have switched to more successful teams. The rest of us here are the diehards despite what you may say about those who don’t want to pay for this garbage.

The only entitled group is the UTAD. Rude awakening coming for them.

Look, I am a donor and renewed. It is expensive. Buying season tickets doesn’t make you a better fan. I think donation levels being the highest in college he SEC is ridiculous. However, if you won’t even follow the team and watch the games on TV, or record to watch it, then you are not a fan of the team. A real fan watches thru the good and the bad.

VN Store

Back