How many Vol fans wear a mask in public?

Depends on situation. I'm antisocial as it is, so I avoid groups of people generally. If I'm in a situation where I can easily social distance and isn't crowded i won't wear the mask unless asked. If its crowded though i wouldn't hesitate to wear the mask.

That said I believe in property rights. If the business/ property owners require a mask I'll wear it. It's their property and I respect it just as I'd expect someone coming on my property to honor my wishes.

Reactions: davethevol
I don’t unless a business has a sign to wear one.

I work in healthcare and wear one for work.

Other than that it’s mostly symbolic because a large majority of the population doesn’t know how to properly wear masks.

Oh, this thread is timely. So just about two hours ago, I left to pick up a few things at Lowes before they closed and grab some dinner. While I'm driving into to town, I see this guy walking on the shoulder of the road at the last moment. The only thing that he had on that was even close to being reflective was the damn mask he had on his face. Everything else he had on was either dark or gray or non-reflective. Guy is gonna get himself killed on the side of one of these country roads because no one can see his azz... but at least he's walking outside with a mask on. Idiot.

Reactions: GSD82
I do wear a mask. I wear it for a few reasons, 1. If I have the virus and don't know it I want to protect others, 2. I do it to protect myself from any airborne virus droplets that may be in my area, 3. I don't want to contract the virus and pass it on to my family and friend and finally, I am at a high risk should I contract the virus. I am at high risk because I had my aortic valve replaced 15 years ago and one of the important things for my health is that my heart doesn't start to enlarge again. Covid is known to cause enlarging of the heart. So this is personal as well.
One of my caregivers for my Mom told me today that in her last visit to her doctor she was told that the masks were a joke and worthless and she did not have to have it on during the exam. I always thought masks were of some value but this info today gives me a little pause. Obviously washing hands is the best deterrent.

Why should I wear a mask if you are wearing a mask?
Why should I wear my seatbelt? Why should I wear clothes in public? Those both encroach upon personal freedom.

Safety, decency and to protect yourself and others that’s why. Mask are not 100% effective but they do help.

I work in orthopedic surgery. It’s not exactly light work between moving patients and equipment. If I can wear a mask for the better part of 12 hours and function just fine, you can wear a mask for your 30 minute Target run. Man up and mask up.

One of my caregivers for my Mom told me today that in her last visit to her doctor she was told that the masks were a joke and worthless and she did not have to have it on during the exam. I always thought masks were of some value but this info today gives me a little pause. Obviously washing hands is the best deterrent.
Call your Drs office. Ask them. I've got 2 cardiologist and another Dr telling me it's in the air. Exact words I've heard are "you don't need to breathe other people's air".

Call your Drs office. Ask them. I've got 2 cardiologist and another Dr telling me it's in the air. Exact words I've heard are "you don't need to breathe other people's air".
Yes , it may be in the air but most people are wearing masks in my region. Why the spikes then?

I think your mothers caregiver got very bad advice. I do know of one doctor here in Oregon that made a similar comment to patients and lost his license to practice medicine. That doctor is not only putting the caregiver at risk, he's putting your mother at risk as well

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I think your mothers caregiver got very bad advice. I do know of one doctor here in Oregon that made a similar comment to patients and lost his license to practice medicine. That doctor is not only putting the caregiver at risk, he's putting your mother at risk as well
We all know there are a significant number of physicians who are being muted by the political structure if they have a different opinion on Covid. I’m on the fence about it but I guess we will know sometime down the road how effective the masks were. The caregiver in question last day was yesterday. She was still wearing masks however when out.

We all know there are a significant number of physicians who are being muted by the political structure if they have a different opinion on Covid. I’m on the fence about it but I guess we will know sometime down the road how effective the masks were. The caregiver in question last day was yesterday. She was still wearing masks however when out.

This really isn't political, it's about saving lives. Of a quick count of doctors and nurses that I know well I came up with eleven, not one of them would tell you it's ok to not wear a mask. Laurie (an ER nurse) when asked about wearing a mask said "It's just stupid not to wear a mask".

Do you see anyone in a Covid medical facility not wearing a mask? That's not political that's taking care of people the safest way possible

This really isn't political, it's about saving lives. Of a quick count of doctors and nurses that I know well I came up with eleven, not one of them would tell you it's ok to not wear a mask. Laurie (an ER nurse) when asked about wearing a mask said "It's just stupid not to wear a mask".

Do you see anyone in a Covid medical facility not wearing a mask? That's not political that's taking care of people the safest way possible
There is a lot of political silencing of credible doctors who have touted some medicines like Redisever(sp?) and doctors regarding the use of masks. I do not trust the media or the official stance any more and that is the saddest part of it. I still wear paper masks as a precaution but I have doubts now about their effectiveness. I don’t understand why the spikes are occurring now when everyone in SW Virginia is practicing social distancing and wearing masks for the most part. I even heard a doctor last night in cable news state that even if vaccinated you still have to wear a mask for months or years. That sounds more like an attempt at state control of behaviors to me.

Edit: Now there are reports that you need to stop wearing the N90 masks. Does anyone have information why that is being reported?

VN Store

Back