How Many UT Signees On All-Midstate Baseball team?

Tux

How many UT signees are on the All-Midtstate Team?

Does Serrano recruit the area? After all, middle Tennessee is predominantly a UT fan base.

Tim Corbin sure is recruiting it hard and well. Why can't Serrano?

All-Midstate baseball team

There is a new group that is overtaking the Shoetiques as the predominant baseball program in Nashville and Corbin knows the coaches who run it well. He is using it as his own farm club for the best prospects in middle Tennessee.

There is a new group that is overtaking the Shoetiques as the predominant baseball program in Nashville and Corbin knows the coaches who run it well. He is using it as his own farm club for the best prospects in middle Tennessee.

Who has Corbin gotten from that organization?

Who has Corbin gotten from that organization?

I'm not sure to which organization he is referring, but my Knights have sent Caleb Cotham, Curt Casali(kind of) Taylor Hill, Drew Fann and now Penn Murfee, Jordan Sheffield, Justus Sheffield, Cody Reed, and Kyle Wright.

Me neither. That's why I asked. I don't know much about the Knights but to my knowledge there is really no real connection to vandy is there???

Nope. I think everyone in baseball around the midstate and really across the country has all kinds of respect for Tim Corbin, but there's no real affiliation between the Knights and Vanderbilt. Some of the best players in the midstate play for the Knights and some of the best players in the midstate also go to Vandy. Not much more than a coincidence. Again, I am not sure if he's referring to the Knights as that team, but he easily could be.

Nope. I think everyone in baseball around the midstate and really across the country has all kinds of respect for Tim Corbin, but there's no real affiliation between the Knights and Vanderbilt. Some of the best players in the midstate play for the Knights and some of the best players in the midstate also go to Vandy. Not much more than a coincidence. Again, I am not sure if he's referring to the Knights as that team, but he easily could be.

Good post.

IMO DS has conceded recruiting the state outside of Knoxville and the surrounding area. At least in the aspect of elite talent. Going head to head with vandy isn't a battle we can win for recruits and it isn't worth the effort. Vandy's success is certainly a factor but more than that their scholarship situation makes them nearly impossible to beat in recruiting IMO.

We can not go up against vandy and recruit the midstates best baseballers. Bullonia. By this attitude why play them, just forfeit. If we have a coach that is afraid to recuit against sec coach is not a coach i want at ut. Middle tn is vandy's area only if ut or other schools give it to them. I can not believe that really good players from the nashville area would not except a ut offer. We only need one or two such players that will help us win and we can turn this situation in our favor. Talk around here is rutherford county is bitter toward ut because of the way a local smyrna football player was treated during his four at ut. Vandy slipped in took advantage of the hurt feelings and is well on its way to control this area. Ut must step in and prove to these people that we need and respect athletes from this area. After vandy is only a short drive.

I'm not sure to which organization he is referring, but my Knights have sent Caleb Cotham, Curt Casali(kind of) Taylor Hill, Drew Fann and now Penn Murfee, Jordan Sheffield, Justus Sheffield, Cody Reed, and Kyle Wright.

Wow, thanks. Perhaps you jerkoffs could send us one or two "BigOrange"51.

Wow, thanks. Perhaps you jerkoffs could send us one or two "BigOrange"51.

Haha. Yea I only played with them in high school, not currently affiliated. I am planning on helping coach this fall, though. I'll do my best to steer some to Knoxville.

Also... PJ Polk was a Knight.

I am a former Shoetique myself, so this concerns me.

The organization that I an referring to is Next Level Baseball/Top Ten that Jason Anderagg owns and is running.

It is a fast rising powerhouse, that is loaded with some of the very best talent in all of middle Tennessee and is about to get an infusion of some very very talented players next year, whom study hitting under Vandy hitting coach Mike Holder.

Again, there is no excuse for Serrano to not work harder to land some of these kids in middle Tennessee.

Good post.

IMO DS has conceded recruiting the state outside of Knoxville and the surrounding area. At least in the aspect of elite talent. Going head to head with vandy isn't a battle we can win for recruits and it isn't worth the effort. Vandy's success is certainly a factor but more than that their scholarship situation makes them nearly impossible to beat in recruiting IMO.
Their scholarship situation is just like ours. They have 17.5 scholarships, same as we do.

I am a former Shoetique myself, so this concerns me.

The organization that I an referring to is Next Level Baseball/Top Ten that Jason Anderagg owns and is running.

It is a fast rising powerhouse, that is loaded with some of the very best talent in all of middle Tennessee and is about to get an infusion of some very very talented players next year, whom study hitting under Vandy hitting coach Mike Holder.

Again, there is no excuse for Serrano to not work harder to land some of these kids in middle Tennessee.

Okay that's what I figured. Next Level and the Knights are the same thing(basically) Jason and Eric Fruechtemeyer co-own it. I plan on helping out with the pitchers in the fall. I'd love to guide some of them to end up in orange.

Who is Mike Holder? VU's hitting guy is Jewett.

Reactions: 1 person
It is who my nephew has been taking hitting lessons from for four years. He will be playing for Next Level next season. He is going to be Vandy-bound when his time comes.

Very very different from ours and its 11.7

People keep saying this and I am calling b.s. Please enlighten us all by stating exactly what you mean by this. If you are saying that Vandy can offer need-based aid, that is true, but so can and does UT (and every other SEC school). Leaving need-based aid out of the equation, UT is in a much better position than is Vandy to recruit in-state kids because if they have decent grades, the "lottery scholarship" will pay for most of their tuition at UT, but only a very small percentage of their tuition at Vandy. Please explain exactly what you mean by your above-statement. Otherwise, let's quit making excuses as to why Vandy's baseball program has left UT in the dust (for the time being, anyway).

Okay that's what I figured. Next Level and the Knights are the same thing(basically) Jason and Eric Fruechtemeyer co-own it. I plan on helping out with the pitchers in the fall. I'd love to guide some of them to end up in orange.

Who is Mike Holder? VU's hitting guy is Jewett.

My bad, it is Larry Day

People keep saying this and I am calling b.s. Please enlighten us all by stating exactly what you mean by this. If you are saying that Vandy can offer need-based aid, that is true, but so can and does UT (and every other SEC school). Leaving need-based aid out of the equation, UT is in a much better position than is Vandy to recruit in-state kids because if they have decent grades, the "lottery scholarship" will pay for most of their tuition at UT, but only a very small percentage of their tuition at Vandy. Please explain exactly what you mean by your above-statement. Otherwise, let's quit making excuses as to why Vandy's baseball program has left UT in the dust (for the time being, anyway).
I see what they are saying. A Vandy scholarship is worth about $60K per year. They can spread out more money

I see what they are saying. A Vandy scholarship is worth about $60K per year. They can spread out more money

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. If they each have 11.7 athletic grants, they each have 11.7 scholarships, which translates to 11.7 players who can attend the respective school at no cost. How does it matter how much money each is worth? Where the large tuition comes into play in this analysis is that the kids that go to Vandy who do not get a piece of this pie must come up with a far larger chunk of cash through other sources than the same kid who goes to UT. For these purposes, the relative value of the grant doesn't matter, as long as the number of grants are the same, which they are.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. If they each have 11.7 athletic grants, they each have 11.7 scholarships, which translates to 11.7 players who can attend the respective school at no cost. How does it matter how much money each is worth? Where the large tuition comes into play in this analysis is that the kids that go to Vandy who do not get a piece of this pie must come up with a far larger chunk of cash through other sources than the same kid who goes to UT. For these purposes, the relative value of the grant doesn't matter, as long as the number of grants are the same, which they are.
Teams do not give out many, if any full scholarships.

They divide them up so that they can give out as many partial scholarships to players, so that they can attract as many players as possible.

Tenn does not give need based money. Pell grant is the only money a kid can get and very very few baseball kids get that federal money. So it is incorrect to say tenn uses need based money.

Vandy uses need based money for recruits that don't get baseball money(11.7). I am very convinced that this money exceeds the money a normal student would receive which by NCAA rule should make it count toward the 11.7.

It has been stated here that the NCAA has approved everything they are doing but from I don't believe the books have completely been opened at vandy.

I find it hard to believe a middle income kid with average grades can go to vandy and pay a few thousand a semester without being a baseball recruit. If that same need based money isn't given to every student then it's countable money.

VN Store

Back