How many total home runs are we at?

That record deserves about six asterisks; it occurred during the "hottest of the hot bat era.” See The unbreakable record: LSU's 188 home runs in 1997 may remain as the NCAA standard forever. Nevertheless, we still may challenge it, depending on how many game we play in the CWS. Favorable winds would, of course, help, given that park's dimensions.
Favorite part of the article

Unless the bats return to the way they were in the late 1990s, it’s likely LSU’s mark will last forever.
“No one will come out with a bat now that will let teams challenge 180 homers,” then-coach Skip Bertman said. “That would be silly. They’ve got it right.”

The fact that TN is anywhere near this record with modern nerfed bats is insane, legit defies logic.

The opposing pitching won't be as weak and yesterday, generally speaking, but some of those dongs yesterday would leave any stadium.

While I would typically agree - there were lots of runs scored in almost every game. Doesn't answer the home run questions but most teams had no problem scoring.

Though it would be nice to win it all and break that record, I prefer to win 5 in a row which unless the team goes crazy like it did yesterday on an opponent, probably not going to break the impossible record.

I know we’re about 15ish behind 98
From UT sports this morning:

STAT OF THE GAME: With Ensley’s seventh-inning long ball, he became the seventh UT player this season to reach double-digit home runs. The Vols have now hit 163 homers as a team this season, which ranks second in NCAA Division I history behind the 1997 LSU team’s 188.

VN Store

Back