how many times will you have a 20-pt lead in the Sweet 16?

I know a Buckeye fan is probably the last person you want to hear from right now but I would like to tell the entire Vol Nation how impressed I was w/both your team and your fans. I attended both Bucks/Vol games this year and your team impressed me with it's talent and with the class with which they play the game. I saw a great deal of confidence but not the all to common cockiness of most college teams these days. I believe you are going to be a basketball power for years to come with Coach Pearl on the sidelines.
I was also very impressed with your fan base and with the grace most of you have shown since last evening.
The Vols deserved to win as much as the Bucks.
You now have at least one more fan in Ohio.
Good luck, God bless and we'll see you next year.
As XtennesseeX said..Thanks for the kind words!

I know a Buckeye fan is probably the last person you want to hear from right now but I would like to tell the entire Vol Nation how impressed I was w/both your team and your fans. I attended both Bucks/Vol games this year and your team impressed me with it's talent and with the class with which they play the game. I saw a great deal of confidence but not the all to common cockiness of most college teams these days. I believe you are going to be a basketball power for years to come with Coach Pearl on the sidelines.
I was also very impressed with your fan base and with the grace most of you have shown since last evening.
The Vols deserved to win as much as the Bucks.
You now have at least one more fan in Ohio.
Good luck, God bless and we'll see you next year.

Slick Rick says, thanks for the kind words. We are very disappointed to play well and not win the game, but we are still trying to get over that hump. My name is Slick Rick and if you want to email me, send email to slicricricardo@yahoo.com I will answer all emails from my fans. If you come down next season to Knoxville, contact me and I can get you hooked up with some accomodations.

That USC / UNC game almost did the trick.

All things considered, USC may have just melted down worse than we did. At least we still had a shot to win it and our coach didn't get T'd up in the final minute with the game still in doubt.

All things considered, USC may have just melted down worse than we did. At least we still had a shot to win it and our coach didn't get T'd up in the final minute with the game still in doubt.
That's what I was thinking. USC just rolled over and played dead.

It was far worse than our meltdown, IMHO. OSU tied us up with an enormous flurry to begin the second half, but then we played them basically even for the rest of the way. It could as easily have been us winning by one as them. But once UNC began their comeback tonight, they just blew by USC to win going away. I think they had a 24-0 run going at one point.

Was USC only playing six guys or what? CBS threw a graphic up at one point -- and this was when UNC was still way behind -- that said that UNC was ahead in bench scoring, 24-0. And then it certainly looked like USC abruptly ran out of gas when Gibson had to sit with four fouls. Even when he came back in it was as though they were moving in slow motion. Meanwhile, UNC was probably rotating 9 or 10 guys in. Depth is pretty telling at this point in the season.

I had about 15 people come up to me on campus today and express their condolences....tough loss...yadda yadda ye....i say that we'll have another 20 pt lead in the sweet 16 next year...but we won't blow that one baby!! :dance2:

Funny how my mood changed from making the Sweet 16 is a success, to we should have been in the elite eight playing memphis, a team that we killed earlier, and we could be in the final four...im gonna puke.

They blew games in the 2nd half all year long, nothing new. My wife said looks like they are going to win, I said just wait until the 2nd half. I didnt see them blowing a 20point lead but boy was I wrong. There was another poster that asked what in the world do they do at halftime to where they come out in the second half and stink the place up, hopefully that will change next year.

The second half was horrible...I think they are good for next year though...Florida is more than likely going to get depleted, KY is in shambles (Randolph Morris left today as well) and Tn is not losing much of anyone. They team is young and they will get better...I truely think Lofton will return..or so I hope

VN Store

Back