How many times have we seen gator ...

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
receivers running around open against UT's defense with no one within 5 yards of them and catching the ball? In another thread, I was involved in discussing Felipe Franks and with horror recall a few of his game winning antics against us. Then I caught a few other memories where Spurrier somehow had receivers consistently running wide open with no Vol defender in the tv screen catching balls against the Chiefs Ds. Then watched Myer do the same things during his stint there.

Different HCs for UF & UT, different coordinators, same results though, UF receivers running wide open through our defenses, how the %$#@ does that happen over and over and over again for years seemingly unending?? Frustrated crusty old guy that is becoming a day drinker over crap like this. We literally made Wuerffel who couldn't break a pane of glass floating the ball up the Heisman winner single handedly. Pruitt, save me! lol

Step away from the ledge. It's only June. I repeat step away from the ledge.
Try to enjoy your summer before the pre-season camp angst begins. LOL
Even though Netfix is the devil like the other big tech companies, I recommend....Breaking Bad, Weeds, Californication, Bloodline, Imposters, Dead to Me..etc. to get through the hard days ahead.

Blown coverages can come from pre snap miscommunications between players/coaches on the back end. I’m with you OP. Whenever this happens, it always seems players are pointing at each other or wondering who blew what (like sorority houses during a mixer). Could be the pass rush didn’t get to qb on time. Could be play action catching guys flat footed. But To me, it seems like Florida receivers have just been faster than our guys in the past. Shifty little dudes and track stars. Florida has always recruited raw speed.

receivers running around open against UT's defense with no one within 5 yards of them and catching the ball? In another thread, I was involved in discussing Felipe Franks and with horror recall a few of his game winning antics against us. Then I caught a few other memories where Spurrier somehow had receivers consistently running wide open with no Vol defender in the tv screen catching balls against the Chiefs Ds. Then watched Myer do the same things during his stint there.

Different HCs for UF & UT, different coordinators, same results though, UF receivers running wide open through our defenses, how the %$#@ does that happen over and over and over again for years seemingly unending?? Frustrated crusty old guy that is becoming a day drinker over crap like this. We literally made Wuerffel who couldn't break a pane of glass floating the ball up the Heisman winner single handedly. Pruitt, save me! lol

Faster players. Smart scheming. Lack of UT adjusting to plays. Any one or all of these. OR, Gator players might possess invisibility cloak jerseys that are switched off as soon as they are free and clear of our DBs. Now a bit of advice on this matter. Stop, I say stop it, Remy, you’re doin’ a lot of choppin’ but no chips are flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remy
Let me tell you what is happening...........I have gathered significant inside information that Florida has been secretly securing the defense's play books from several teams and decoding the signals at the line, The QB is able to see the defensive setup and adjust at the line to place their players in just the right spot for a chunk play. Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and others have been investing in high tech espionage to gain an edge on the field, this is so covert that no one has figured out how they do it. This has masqueraded seemingly average coaches to football masterminds. There is no way Myers, Saban and the others are that dang lucky without some type of cheating.....................tongue in-cheek.

Step away from the ledge. It's only June. I repeat step away from the ledge.
Try to enjoy your summer before the pre-season camp angst begins. LOL
Even though Netfix is the devil like the other big tech companies, I recommend....Breaking Bad, Weeds, Californication, Bloodline, Imposters, Dead to Me..etc. to get through the hard days ahead.
"The Americans" was an awesome show

Go back and watch the second half of the '95 game against UF as well as the first half of the '96 game. Ridiculous. UT's DBs got beat like morning wood.

Oh, he's definitely right. Especially in the 90s with TOBC. Still blows me away how bad we play against them even now. But as far as defensove backfields go, I think we have about as good of a coach to right that portion of the ship as possible. He's unquestioned at the Xs & Os, and the Jimmies and Joes are starting to stockpile too. So, at least in the near future, they have to run it in order to run up 50pts on us.

Reactions: Offset Eye
Florida figured out to just let the receivers run wild. No one can cover routes not shown in the Chavis "Defenses" 101 handbook. Or for that matter; 202, 303, and 404.

Not sure if you all remember ( believe it was Kevin Steele)
Sending Florida Tennessee’s play book

Let me tell you what is happening...........I have gathered significant inside information that Florida has been secretly securing the defense's play books from several teams and decoding the signals at the line, The QB is able to see the defensive setup and adjust at the line to place their players in just the right spot for a chunk play. Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and others have been investing in high tech espionage to gain an edge on the field, this is so covert that no one has figured out how they do it. This has masqueraded seemingly average coaches to football masterminds. There is no way Myers, Saban and the others are that dang lucky without some type of cheating.....................tongue in-cheek.
Is it cheating if no one can tell?

Reactions: FlyFishnVol

VN Store

Back