How many seniors could return?

jmay8

Anyone know how many of our seniors could return next year? I think I counted 29 seniors on this year's roster. So if all those left and we can only bring in 25, then we'd have even less depth next year.

If you look at the UT roster, you have to look at their letterman experience. So if they have played four and this is their fifth (covid year), they can’t return. For example, Hooker is a redshirt senior but has only three years playing experience (not counting this season) and is eligible to return. I looked last week. Off the top of my head, Velus Jones, Bumphus, Blakey, Theo Jackson, Matt Butler, Javonta Payton, and Tremblay are gone. Other seniors like Cade Mays, Hooker, Solon Page, Alontae Taylor, and Flowers can all come pack if they want and use their covid year.

Reactions: jmay8
If we get lucky, then the only ones we’ll lose on offense are Jones and Payton, and we’ll have one of the most lethal offenses in the country. I have a hard time seeing Cade Mays staying though

Reactions: jmay8
If you look at the UT roster, you have to look at their letterman experience. So if they have played four and this is their fifth (covid year), they can’t return. For example, Hooker is a redshirt senior but has only three years playing experience (not counting this season) and is eligible to return. I looked last week. Off the top of my head, Velus Jones, Bumphus, Blakey, Theo Jackson, Matt Butler, Javonta Payton, and Tremblay are gone. Other seniors like Cade Mays, Hooker, Solon Page, Alontae Taylor, and Flowers can all come pack if they want and use their covid year.
Ouch, that list of required departures hurts, but like you said the offense could be spectacular if that's all we lose.

Anyone know how many of our seniors could return next year? I think I counted 29 seniors on this year's roster. So if all those left and we can only bring in 25, then we'd have even less depth next year.

I counted 28 (but I could've missed one), but don't forget, that the official roster includes walk-ons, guys who are basically gone at this point, and also players that still have an extra year of eligibility.

Just eyeballing the list, I think maybe 18 or so relevant Seniors on scholarship. And some of those will be back next year still; in fact, maybe even a majority. So in reality, we're getting 25 to replace maybe 10.

I counted 28 (but I could've missed one), but don't forget, that the official roster includes walk-ons, guys who are basically gone at this point, and also players that still have an extra year of eligibility.

Just eyeballing the list, I think maybe 18 or so relevant Seniors on scholarship. And some of those will be back next year still; in fact, maybe even a majority. So in reality, we're getting 25 to replace maybe 10.
That makes me feel better for sure. I can't wait to see what CJH and Banks can do with a full complement of players. I think it's gonna be unreal. It's been amazing what they are putting together with the crazy depth hit we took. I mean we are down more scholarships than Bama and USC's NCAA punishments and our losses occured in 1 year theirs was over at least 3 seasons recall correctly.

VN Store

Back