How many pass interference calls is the officials going to call?

I'm not concerned about Bama holding our guys. We can still make the play. I have a bad feeling we are going to have multiple big plays called back due to offensive pass interference. We run alot of pick routes and screens where the WR's block immediately. Its just part of Huepels offense and we get away with it for the most part. If we have a guy running wide open for a big gain it's going to be called back. Alabama doesnt bust assignments so its going to be something illegal in the mind of the officals. Our offense is all about the big play so it's going to be hard to overcome, and put us in long distance scenarios due to it being a 15 yard penalty.

I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, refs. 🤔
I see a lot of offensive pass interference calls coming. It’s happened every game. There was one in the LSU game that was absurd.

The crew will call PI on Tennessee offence 3 times.
They will call holding on Tennessee's three phases at least another 3 times. Alabama will have a perfect game with regard to penalties. Soo it will be difficult to overcome. We are a team pitted against our own conference. Tennessee is not to blame.

If UT is up by more than 0 points:

Alabama = 0
UT = 4+ depending on how many it takes to correct the score for Alabama

If Alabama is up by <10:

Alabama = 0
UT = 2+ depending on how many it takes to improve the Alabama score

If Alabama is up by > 13:

Alabama = 1-2 to make it look good
UT = 1

Note: All of the above is assuming BY starts. If BY does not start you can add at least 3-5 to all UT numbers

Tennessee WRs just have to want it more. It’s already been said that they are known to grab WRs so just expect it imo.

Guarantee they call more offensive PIs on TN than holding on Bama

Daddy Saban runs the SEC and they gotta make sure there are 2 top teams in the playoff$

When the refs are your actual 'bag men', there's no telling how many calls will go Bama's way Saturday.
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.40.34 PM.png

I fully expect our receivers and defenders to get assaulted Saturday. Until the SEC Headquarters is moved out of the state of Alabama, you can forget the game being called fairly.

I am sure Sankey has already made sure to assign his most „reliable“ crew to Saturday‘s game
85E2538B-EA58-4136-8309-FEEAAE76073E.gif

There's been some comments online about Bama's OT's lining up way too deep to be reasonably considered on the line of scrimmage but never getting called for it. I haven't watched enough of their games to know if its true and will be interested to see if that happens this weekend.

If Bryce Young does play, they will likely line up even deeper try to protect him from any hits and aggravating the shoulder.

Remember Pruitt accusing officials of starting to call holding on TN's O line every time they got around AL's 20. This was the game in T-Town. Nothing ever came of it but I do remember he was upset about it.

I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, refs. 🤔

When it happens, and it will, our guys are just going to need to hard sell it to the refs like they were playing soccer, as in make the interference so obvious it has to get flagged. 😁

lol....great minds think alike I see.

I said in another thread that their instructions will be to not let anyone get close to BY under any circumstances. I would expect 3-5 holds on every Bama pass. SEC refs will already be informed of the necessity of this approach and it is not to be called. I could even see our guys getting taken to the ground and getting ignored.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
Regarding the receivers, I'm going to believe our boys will prove so speedy, Bama DBs will often not be able to be close enough to interfere.

Lol, first time?

They can and will have it both ways. Both ways will screw Tennessee at every turn.

How many holding calls will he called on us and how many will be missed by the bammers is probably a better question. PIs are a lot more out in the open when they get missed. Can't see holding as much on TV.

VN Store

Back