How many pass interference calls is the officials going to call?

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, refs. 🤔

I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, reds. 🤔
A step farther...

How many Bama offensive line holds won't be called?

I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, reds. 🤔

I'm going to say its the same number of holding calls their offensive line will get called on them. They have had more penalties called on them this year, but a ton of those were in the Texas game. SEC refs are almost immune from calling holding against them.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I can’t handle Bama’s db’s hanging all over our receivers. I can see those db’s pulling, tugging, and holding their jerseys all game long. My question is, how many pass interference calls will be called? If they don’t call them, then they must let our receivers play physical as well. You can’t have it both ways, refs. 🤔
A step farther...

How many Bama offensive line holds won't be called?
Answer for both queries is < 2.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I'm going to say its the same number of holding calls their offensive line will get called on them. They have had more penalties called on them this year, but a ton of those were in the Texas game. SEC refs are almost immune from calling holding against them.
Maybe, it’ll go both ways, and even out on all penalties.

Maybe, it’ll go both ways, and even out on all penalties.

200w.gif

first-time-youll-get-used-to-it.gif

On Tide 0
On VOLS 4
:mad:

Pass interference and holding are the two big variables in referee crews. Some call one or the other (or both) super-tight, while other crews call them much looser and "let the players play."

I don't much care which happens Saturday, our lads have shown ability to adjust to the 'officiating climate.'

As long as they call it the same way for both teams, I think we'll be okay.

Fairness, not frequency, is the thing to key on, I think.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
the ref's always allow Bama DB's to hold, tug, grab, and overall maul WR's. The Bama OL will hold every play and it will not be called at all.

As many as it takes to help Bama win. Most likely in moments that would kill our momentum, just outside of FG range.

Reactions: posivol
Whatever crew was on the Alabama and Texas game is the one I want.

Maybe we will get some favorability since we are the SECs shiny new toy right now.

The SEC has a vested interest in Alabama winning this game. They see them as a better shot winning a national title based on recent history. I suspect the officiating will favor Alabama significantly - it always does. Tennessee has to play a superb game to win. They're playing both Alabama and the SEC. The Neyland crowd will help though, maybe just enough.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Dislike him or hate him. The one thing we can appreciate was Lane Kiffins candor in 2009. When asked why they didn't try and get further down field with another play or two at the end to try a closer fg.

“I wasn’t going to let the refs lose the game for us there and some magical flag appear”

Reactions: volinSmyrna
None will be called on bama, but at least 5 against us.

Reactions: Vol524
I really hope that the refs understand that everyone is watching this game, hopefully they don't think that they are the stars as they sometimes do. Let them play!

Reactions: PapaGeorgio
Over the last 3 games, Bama has had 10.4 yds/penalty. That indicates they've been called for serious infractions and not often for 5 yd types. UT is 9.5. I am still looking for a breakdown of penalties by type.

They're the worst two teams in the SEC for penalties.

VN Store

Back