How many of you would like to see Tennessee lose out to prove your point?

The likes mean that there are plenty on here that believe that there are plenty on here who believe that ish. None of the followups name ANY POSTER that actually believes that. So my point is proven. Until you can name 2 honest to goodness believable posters who want us to lose out to prove their point, it's still a stupid thread and conspiracy theory.

I simply said I would believe the two of you if you could prove it. You didn't, you can't, so I don't.

I don't remember the posters name that said it this year but I saw one say he hated Pruitt so bad he'd be fine with losing every game to get him out of here. I can't prove it so don't believe it, that's fair. Hillbilly pretty much just said it back two pages, same thing.

Between 2016 and 2017 before Butch was fired, I had 5 names and the quotes where they admitted it and several more wouldn't come out and say it, but it was clear. And that wasn't even trying hard.

Not many would admit something like that, but your crazy if you don't think they are out there. And if it could be proven I'd bet its way more than 6 and 3-4 of them are in this thread telling OP he's crazy and/or agreeing with the ones telling him hes crazy. I don't agree with everything he says and he is crazy for starting a thread about it, but he's not completely wrong.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You're in a distinct minority, especially around these parts. Most people either never change their opinion, no matter what any new info says, or change their opinion with every new drop of info, no matter how insignificant.
BTW If Pruitt doesn’t start JT this week he needs to go.

I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.
Lord I was born a ramblin man........

geez, time to get out of here...see ya'll later and have a good day...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!

I don't remember the posters name that said it this year but I saw one say he hated Pruitt so bad he'd be fine with losing every game to get him out of here. I can't prove it so don't believe it, that's fair. Hillbilly pretty much just said it back two pages, same thing.

Between 2016 and 2017 before Butch was fired, I had 5 names and the quotes where they admitted it and several more wouldn't come out and say it, but it was clear. And that wasn't even trying hard.

Not many would admit something like that, but your crazy if you don't think they are out there. And if it could be proven I'd bet its way more than 6 and 3-4 of them are in this thread telling OP he's crazy and/or agreeing with the ones telling him hes crazy. I don't agree with everything he says and he is crazy for starting a thread about it, but he's not completely wrong.
I could suspend judgment if we make to a bowl and have a recruiting class that finishes in the rankings good or better than the 2019 class. If it's just gonna be a losing season and a mediocre class, then we need to cut bait. If we were sitting at four wins going into Vandy week and it was a certainty that we'd replace Pruitt if he loses, then I'd feel like a loss is a win. If we were 5-6 going into that week and the other factors were unchanged, I'd rather see us go to a bowl game, get some extra practices and see what happens next season. I don't really think that playing in the Independence or Liberty Bowls is that important but I'd like to see us move forward and since it's just my opinion I can draw the line wherever I want.

Reactions: Behr
I could suspend judgment if we make to a bowl and have a recruiting class that finishes in the rankings good or better than the 2019 class. If it's just gonna be a losing season and a mediocre class, then we need to cut bait. If we were sitting at four wins going into Vandy week and it was a certainty that we'd replace Pruitt if he loses, then I'd feel like a loss is a win. If we were 5-6 going into that week and the other factors were unchanged, I'd rather see us go to a bowl game, get some extra practices and see what happens next season. I don't really think that playing in the Independence or Liberty Bowls is that important but I'd like to see us move forward and since it's just my opinion I can draw the line wherever I want.

I didn't say you couldn't do or say anything you want, in fact I'm pretty sure I told you I disagreed with you but I at least respected your honesty and owning up to it.

I just saw all these people in here giving op crap and saying "Nobody that's a Vol fan wishes we would lose" ...and that's BS. There are several, I've seen them, there are just a bunch that don't have the balls to admit it.

So the people that said we couldnt hang with uga were correct?

We didn’t get manhandled in that game, UGA has crazy depth and we don’t. Final score was ugly, but we didn’t roll over. You see it how you want to see it, I think that’s the point you are missing.

Always refusing to change your opinion in light of any piece of new information makes you stubborn/stupid. Changing your opinion in light of every piece of new information makes you wishy washy.
Trust but verify......Get the same opinion 3 times......Let it sit for a couple of weeks......Things I generally do prior to changing an opinion based on visible fact.

I remember the post also but I am thinking it was a Saturday night rant that sounded pretty pickled.

Reactions: Behr
I remember the post also but I am thinking it was a Saturday night rant that sounded pretty pickled.
They're out there, I know they are but I can't prove it and don't even care to. Its enough for me to see some of the ones in this thread acting like its so ridiculous that op even mentioned it. Haha, they don't fool me.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
They're out there, I know they are but I can't prove it and don't even care to. Its enough for me to see some of the ones in this thread acting like its so ridiculous that op even mentioned it. Haha, they don't fool me.
I bet there's not more than one or three and even then, not a more common poster. I will ridicule them heavily if they ever come out of the closet.

It’s strange that the few that have said it in one way or another that they would trade wins for getting rid of a coach have yet to speak up in a thread that has blasted the OP for bringing up the subject.

It easier to give an actual coach some slack after a bad losses than just some guy that is coaching the team.

Someone else asked this recently but it bears repeating, how close of a loss to USCe would be acceptable to keep these good feelings going?

I am sure there are some posters that start salivating when Tenn falls behind in a game They start AGAIN mentally preparing their post saying something to the effect that a coaching staff that lost to Georgia St. will never be successful and should be fired or JG is a bum and should immediately transfer, etc., etc., etc.. They work themselves into an orgasmic lather by the time the game is over and as they start typing trying to hide their glee. Always very constructive comments. I really do not understand why they bother watching the game since they are so certain Tenn will do poorly.

Last edited:
Yo
I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.
You would hope that Tennesse didn't have any fans as sleazy as that!

I am sure there are some posters that start salivating when Tenn falls behind in a game They start AGAIN mentally preparing their post saying something to the effect that a coaching staff that lost to Georgia St. will never be successful and should be fired or JG is a bum and should immediately transfer, etc., etc., etc.. They work themselves into an orgasmic lather by the time the game is over and as they start typing trying to hide their glee. Always very constructive comments. I really do not understand why they bother watching the game since they are so certain Tenn will do poorly.
They watch because they are cheering for one of the two teams playing. I don't see how they could be called UT fans, but they could be called UT anti-fans. Every time we put up another L, I get sick to my stomach, I know it is not the facilities (UT has the best), I know it is not the moon being in the seventh house, or a voodoo curse. I am all about finding out what the problem is, and fixing it, sooner the better. I never want to see us put up and L. I become accustomed to hearing, "Next year will be great", for so long, I'm beginning to believe it. I've bet UT does not cover several times this year, and Won. I'd rather we be in a position where I can bet on UT-again sooner the better.

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back