How many of you would like to see Tennessee lose out to prove your point?

Oh okay, I guess I was confused with all the "if you trash." I didnt know that meant you wanted Tennessee to lose. Then he really confused by saying some of you thought we couldnt hang wirh UGA, when we didnt. Then I was really really confused by him saying he was a critic of Pruitts and now he is calling people stupid for being a critic of Pruitt.....weird stuff man, weird stuff.

I agree. You are confused.

Reactions: volfannbama
I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.
ut played with jawja??

If TN continues to beat the spread, that's progress.
True and measurable! When I think back on HC Dooley, and how many people wanted UT to go 0-12 so we could get rid of him, it makes me sick! Everyone of those guys that wanted us to divest ourselves of Dooley wanted our team to post nothing but Ls. Now, some of them claim to be Vol Fans! A similar thing happened with boy butch, I can say without reservation, I did not like boy butch from day one, never thought he was the guy to bring us back, but I never wanted us to post even one L. But, I guess there were those that wanted boy butch gone so much, they hoped we would never win a game! But now, they are super Vol fans. I just don't see how you can be a Vol fan and not love, cherish and support our HC-no matter what-if you can't -your hoping the team can't win a single game-shame on you.

You're struggling to keep up, aren't you? There's nothing wrong with being skeptical about the coach. But when it gets to the point that you're bitter about Tennessee actually giving Alabama a game and you look for any way in the world to discredit the effort because you don't want to admit that the team might actually be improving and that might actually be because the coaching staff is gelling and learning, then you're part of the problem. Not saying "you" specifically, of course; just saying "you" generally. And read some of these threads...we all know there are more than a few of these folks out there.

Can you reference any post on this forum where someone wanted Tennessee to lose?

They have to be a Tennessee fan of course.

If you can't then your post is just another in a long line of gatekeeping bs.

If you can list a post, I'll be curious to read it.

Reactions: volfannbama
I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.
It's not the same people....

ut played with jawja??

Tennessee led until the final 2 minutes of the first half...and, even at that, had the ball at UGA's 30 in the final minute of the first half with an opportunity to regain the lead. UGA only got a FG in the 3rd quarter and it was still a 2-possession game until about 8 minutes to play in the game. Against the No. 2-ranked team, which was a 25-point favorite. So, yeah, I'd say Tennessee played with Georgia.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Tennessee led until the final 2 minutes of the first half...and, even at that, had the ball at UGA's 30 in the final minute of the first half with an opportunity to regain the lead. UGA only got a FG in the 3rd quarter and it was still a 2-possession game until about 8 minutes to play in the game. Against the No. 2-ranked team, which was a 25-point favorite. So, yeah, I'd say Tennessee played with Georgia.
Kinda like us being a 24 point dog but winning the game by 3 :eek:

Simple question....in your op you said tennessee couldnt hang with georgia. You didnt say people where adement tennessee couldnt hang with georgia for a half or 33 minutes. Did Tennessee hang with georgia?

I'm correct enough in other areas that I don't need losses to vindicate the spitballing of ideas that goes on around here. A better question is would I rather be 3-9 or worse with a new head coach on the way or 4-8, 5-9 and keep Pruitt?

You guys can flame the OP all you want but there absolutely are fans of other teams on here trolling because they want Tenn to lose and raise drama and BS so the fan base can continue to get a bad name and the dumpster fire continue to burn for as long as possible.

I think a lot of us can see the fire is almost out and the cleanup has started. While I don’t agree with the OP that there are true fans wanting us to lose, there absolutely are fans of other teams on here trolling that want to see us continue to lose.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The OP is right on.
Name two and I will help you give them crap. You and the OP both are morons if you think there are more than one or two idiots on the forum that believe that. I don't believe anyone that wasn't in a Saturday night stupor would actually post something that blatantly stupid.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Simple question....in your op you said tennessee couldnt hang with georgia. You didnt say people where adement tennessee couldnt hang with georgia for a half or 33 minutes. Did Tennessee hang with georgia?

Simple answer: Yes, Tennessee hung with Georgia. Anyone who argues otherwise didn't watch the game and is only looking at the box score.

43-14, didnt cover the spread....literally the definition of not hanging with them.

Your posts are literally the definition of looking at the final score and not paying attention to the game. I assume you watched? If we're basing it on whether Tennessee covered the spread, a 65-yard scoop-and-score after a sack-fumble near the end of the game doesn't erase what happened for the 55 minutes of gameplay prior to that point. It was a two-possession game midway through the fourth quarter. The end.

Your posts are literally the definition of looking at the final score and not paying attention to the game. I assume you watched? If we're basing it on whether Tennessee covered the spread, a 65-yard scoop-and-score after a sack-fumble near the end of the game doesn't erase what happened for the 55 minutes of gameplay prior to that point. It was a two-possession game midway through the fourth quarter. The end.
They scored enough by the second quarter to win....they didnt cover the spread. Nitpick all you want to try and prove your point....we did not hang with them.

Reactions: tbh and thehill98
They scored enough by the second quarter to win....they didnt cover the spread. Nitpick all you want to try and prove your point....we did not hang with them.

If you'd rather wallow in some weird self-satisfaction that UGA scored a couple of late touchdowns than admit that this team is improving, you may be part of the problem I was alluding to in the original post -- which is perhaps why you have taken such offense to it. In any event, I have work to do. Enjoy your day.

VN Store

Back