How many of you would like to see Tennessee lose out to prove your point?

Biso

I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.

I laugh sometimes when I read this forum. There is a group of people on this board who were adamant that Tennessee couldn't hang with Georgia. They thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until early in the fourth quarter. So the same people then said that there was no way Tennessee could hang with Alabama. Again, they thumbed their nose at anyone who suggested otherwise. And then Tennessee was still in the game until midway through the fourth quarter.

Y'all laughed at everyone who said that Tennessee might actually be able to play with UGA and Bama. Then when Tennessee DID play with UGA and Bama, you're the same folks who have been on here the last two days making all kinds of excuses for why the games really weren't as close as the scores indicated. "But Tua was hurt..." "But they were playing conservative..." "But, but, but..." When someone disagrees, you drag out the really dumb claim of "moral victories." And you trip over yourself to flame the team and players that you proclaim to support. You trash Brian Maurer. You trash the coaches. You whiz on the effort of a group of young men who went out and laid it all on the line against a far superior team on the road at Alabama.

So why don't we just go ahead and admit it: some of you are so hung up on the loss to Georgia State that you're secretly hoping that we lose to South Carolina and Vanderbilt and whoever else we need to lose to in between that will help usher out Jeremy Pruitt. You don't care about bowl eligibility or recruiting; you care about getting a new coach, as if an administration that has gotten it wrong for four consecutive hires is going to somehow strike gold on hire number five. I'll admit that all fan bases have their idguts, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan forum that spends as much energy as this one trashing their own team.
Freak, thread ignore needed badly. This freaking thread will be at the top of the forum for days. I would like to not have to even look at it.

And before anyone drags the ignorant "moral victory" line onto this thread by pointing out the final scores against Georgia and Alabama, let me remind you that no one expected Tennessee to win those games. You crawl before you walk. It's signs of competitiveness we're looking for against the Georgias and the Alabamas, not wins. Not yet. First you prove you can compete against them, then you're ready to prove you can beat them. Two years ago, Tennessee wasn't even close to being able to compete against either team. Now they are. That's progress. In two more years, if Tennessee is ready to prove it can beat those two teams, are you going to get excited about that, or are you going to pout like curmudgeons who were denied a second helping of oatmeal and toast at the rest home because you were proven wrong?

Reactions: vols40 and CR-vol

You are aware of the final score against UGA arent you?

It is a larger problem than here on VN, OP. There are people who have wanted the past few POTUSes to fail, just so they can feel validated and say, "told you so" (think Ricky on TPB "todaso" - never mind what that means for the country, a school, or whatever).

It is a damn sad state of affairs when that is what motivates folks, but it is also difficult to really know what people are thinking.

I've seen a lot of posters on here say, "I hope I'm wrong about Pruitt, but. . . ." Those posters certainly wouldn't fall into that category.

I don't take exception to your question at all, and I'm not sure why anyone else would.

Reactions: SandoVOL

Ride or Die with this Team and Coaching staff..... GO VOLS!!!

giphy.gif

Sure op, Tennessee fans really want us to lose😆. I'll put it this way, I'm not a jg fan at all. Personally, he shouldn't ever see the field again. However, if he starts Saturday, I'll be hoping he throws 15 TDs, and has the game of his life. Never, at any point, do I want us to lose, or any players to do bad.

Sure op, Tennessee fans really want us to lose😆. I'll put it this way, I'm not a jg fan at all. Personally, he shouldn't ever see the field again. However, if he starts Saturday, I'll be hoping he throws 15 TDs, and has the game of his life. Never, at any point, do I want us to lose, or any players to do bad.

You and I are of the same opinion. I hope I never have to see JG take another snap in orange...but if he starts against USCe, I'll be hoping for him to redeem himself. That's what fans do. But if you don't think there are posters on this forum who hate Pruitt so much that they'd rather see an L than a W on Saturday, I'm not sure we're reading the same forum.

Well, you tried to replace the most idiotic post today but the thread suggesting we all owe JG an apology still beat you out. Good effort though.

I understand people want to have some hope, and I think we are seeing some progress. But 35-13, and 43-14 are not exactly close losses. I will always root for the team, no matter if I think the coach is good or not. The same good things were said after the Auburn and KY games last year, and the same good things were said after a lot of Jones games and even a few Dooley games, no matter how much people change their tune now.

I understand people want to have some hope, and I think we are seeing some progress. But 35-13, and 43-14 are not exactly close losses. I will always root for the team, no matter if I think the coach is good or not. The same good things were said after the Auburn and KY games last year, and the same good things were said after a lot of Jones games and even a few Dooley games, no matter how much people change their tune now.
I dont think you are supposed to mention the score of the game, that makes you bad or something. You are supposed to say we hung with UGA if you wanna be a cool kid.

I think the UGA and Bama games prove we are not as far away talent wise as some think we are...
The biggest for me was the Alabama game started to show some consistency and effectiveness in coaching. A few good executions by the players and doing what the coaches say and we have a legitimate shot at the game. It's a good change from previous games where the whole team has just looked like a mess.

VN Store

Back