How many of you have/had Covid19

Williamson Medical Center from my experiences a very good hospital. The one to beware of is St. Thomas-Midtown(formerly Baptist) that place is staph heaven.

Williamson nearly killed my cousin’s wife recently by screwing up her intubation.

St. Thomas midtown is where I was born, back when it was called Baptist. They keep forgetting to put the historic marker out front.
both my daughters and 6 grand kids were also born there, it's ok for birthin' babies.

Mine was like a bad case of the flu. I never miss a day at the office. Missed 3 and had a long weekend for a total of 7 days then it was back at it. Took a couple of weeks to get my strength back, but it never was to the point of feeling like I wouldn't recover or needed to go to the hospital/ER. Wife also had it. Both of us are in our 60's and have no underlying medical problems.

Don't have it, won't have it, can't get it...no one near me...ever...planned for this since early 1Q2020

Most people who have died from this had other illnesses Or other conditions. The large majority of people have recovered. I think the media has done a great job of pitting people against each other due to this.

Also positive thoughts do not help some one sick, only prayer.

You realize half of Americans already have “some other condition” in the form of one or more of: obesity, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, and so on.

This is not a healthy nation to begin with.

Currently in quarantine waiting results. No breathing issues. Just 3 days of headaches and chills. Worst headache I ever had the 2nd day. 24 Hr nurse told me to have the test.

BTW, I didn't know it was possible to stick an entire fishing rod up one's nose.

Symptoms are gone, but I can't go back to work until I get the results. They said 7 to 10 days
I’ve heard the test sucks..... that they basically swab your brain through your nose. .... glad it wasn’t any worse than it was

Reactions: vols 30
Was never officially diagnosed. I had a horrible cold back in March, right as it was breaking out. Was sick for about 10 days, and up until about a month ago I was still wheezing at times. If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure I had it then.

We had a pretty bad outbreak at work, but I avoided it.

Been tested 4 times. Yes, it sucks out loud.

Not yet. I work in healthcare so I have been very careful. Have coworker who has been on vent for close to 20 days. It is very real. Prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery for you and yours.

Wanted to follow up. My coworker passed on this evening after a long battle. COVID is real.

I'm guessing all the people in the PF screaming "democratic hoax to rig election" will be avoiding this thread.

But to answer the question no I have no had it but my mom tested positive near the end of June. She was sick for 4 or 5 days but came out okay. My sister had it in February. She was REALLY sick for weeks and they didn't know what it was. Negative for flu. But Marsh recently called her and told her she had covid antibodies.

I'm guessing all the people in the PF screaming "democratic hoax to rig election" will be avoiding this thread.

But to answer the question no I have no had it but my mom tested positive near the end of June. She was sick for 4 or 5 days but came out okay. My sister had it in February. She was REALLY sick for weeks and they didn't know what it was. Negative for flu. But Marsh recently called her and told her she had covid antibodies.
Why would people screaming that avoid this thread? It's got two pages of responses and almost none of them are people that have actually had it. Plus its only a fringe saying it's "not real"- most are saying it's blown out of proportion.

Which this thread is proving.

Why would people screaming that avoid this thread? It's got two pages of responses and almost none of them are people that have actually had it. Plus its only a fringe saying it's "not real"- most are saying it's blown out of proportion.

Which this thread is proving.

1. There are absolutely people in the PF saying its not real.
2. 90% of the people on this board fall into the lowest risk age range. I doubt there are many elderly surfing VolNation message boards.

1. There are absolutely people in the PF saying its not real.
2. 90% of the people on this board fall into the lowest risk age range. I doubt there are many elderly surfing VolNation message boards.
#1- I didn't say there weren't. Read what I wrote again.

And your #2 alone means we've drastically overreacted by shutting everything down.

I’ve heard the test sucks..... that they basically swab your brain through your nose. .... glad it wasn’t any worse than it was
My son had a swab done this week as a requirement for moving into a college dorm. He came out of there saying that it was somewhere past uncomfortable but less than awful.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I just completed my bout with it. I never get sick but I was laid up for three days. Had a horrible headache and couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. The general discomfort and joint inflammation was the worst because no room temps or sleeping positions were comfortable.

I'm 31 and active/diet conscious. This basically felt like a really severe flu. My friend dropped some stuff off for me and told me that I should have been in the hospital since I live alone.

Tested negative 3 days ago. Still seeing residual effects to my lungs. Feels like my childhood asthma has come back.

Yes and ordering our groceries on line. My brother left the hospital (Maury Regional) after 4 weeks with staff infection and urinal track infection.......in worse shape. Ambulance would not pass another hospital to take him to any Nashville hospitals. I drove him to St Thomas West where he is getting better care but still has a long way to come.
So please say your prayers. It is horrible for some and the sad part is, we can catch it again and the second time usually is a killer.

I don’t think the bolded is true, or definitely not confirmed at least.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I think I might've had it in early February. Had most of the signs and symptoms for about a week, the fatigue lasted about 2. Before me my mom had something similar to what I did she went to the doctor and they told her it wasn't the flu but what they were calling the fake flu. Her symptoms lasted about 3 days, fatigue hit her harder than it hit me, but she was over it in about 3 weeks. Also someone at my work was diagnosed with what doctors called the fake flu before this got blown up it lasted about a week for her, not sure about lingering effects though.

Reactions: volwindy
I know a group of five friends who have it, all are ~ 18 years old. A couple had mild symptoms which prompted them all to be tested. Most were asymptomatic. Had a couple of the crew not had symptoms, none of them would have been tested. Can't say 100% they got it on campus but...they got it on campus.

VN Store

Back