Pulled from Saturday Down South
1. Hendon Hooker will be one of the SEC’s most efficient quarterbacks
2. Jabari Small rushes for over 1,100 yards
3. Cedric Tillman leads SEC in receiving
4. Tight ends grow in offense
5. Jalin Hyatt doubles his receptions
6. Tayven Jackson moves to 2nd on depth chart
7. Vols will surpass 2021’s scoring 39.3 points per game average

I will add a number eight bullet point and say that the Pittsburgh game is a very key game in the 2022 season.

I concur because I think we have a bevy of very capable WRs. And the speed they're infected with will make YAC all but insane.

Very possible, mainly because we have decent #2 and #3 backs who can spot Jabari to keep him fresh.

No, but he will be among the top 3 or 4. Other teams have a higher rated WRs, AND, he is known now, so expect his being double and triple teamed.

Yes, and they're due.

More than likely, yes. He benefits from our capable WRs being able to spot each other often to keep their legs fresh.

Nope. You doubters underestimate the Milt man due to last season's incidents. He has a sense of urgency now and will make the absolute most of any chances he gets.

Very likely, even if Captain Hook has to be taken out of a game or two due to injury or other cause. I see us averaging between 42 - 44 PPG.
I agree with this 100%

I would say #2 & #6 probably don't happen. This is based off us having 2 backs & a freshman RB with great potential. Only way #6 happens is if Milton gets injured.

#1 seems too obvious and he's already done it before

#2 - pretty unlikely. We want to rotate guys and Small has some potential health issues. Not an elite RB. Seems Heuepl has only had 1 1,100+ yard rusher since his Mizzou days. A "workhorse" RB isn't his style.

#3 - similar to #2, think we'll spread it around too much for that to happen. Not impossible though.

#4 - Uhh, maybe? No idea. We didn't upgrade there with a big transfer or recruit, so not sure we philosophically change things (and why should we?). But we're a year older, hmmk. 50/50.

#5 - Heupel's offense tends to offer 2 WRs 40+ catches/year. The question is how well Bru shows up and if we get Robinson. Get Robinson, I'll say under 42 (2x last year). If not, I'll take the over.

#6 - By the end of the season? 40/60. I hope Milton finds "it" and can be a stud backup. No one should ever hope to have a true freshman just 1 snap away from an SEC schedule, so for our sake, I hope not. Not this season anyway.

#7 - I'd take that. Half of that equation has to do with 3rd down defense and it can't get much worse. Get us the ball back more often/game and yes we'll score more.

Or he stinks it up like last year
And what happened? Bum HB sure didn't jump over him. Ofc Tayven will be much better than HB, but still just a freshman. Either way... Milton can at least orchestrate the offense well. Versus a true freshman, something as basic as that is still pretty important. And CJH clearly has trust in him.

And what happened? Bum HB sure didn't jump over him. Ofc Tayven will be much better than HB, but still just a freshman. Either way... Milton can at least orchestrate the offense well. Versus a true freshman, something as basic as that is still pretty important. And CJH clearly has trust in him.

Maybe it clicks right away for TJ. Everything I read about him was positive. I believe there were some reports he looked better than Milton at times.

Not that matters, but I don't trust Milton. He doesn't seem to have it between the ears, and Michigan fans were not upset all at about his departure.

Hopefully, none of this matters and HH stays healthy

2 will be hard because we rotate 3 backs whenever possible.
6. Doubt it, but won't rule it out. I think Milton has finally figured it out.

VN Store

Back