1. Hendon Hooker will be one of the SEC’s most efficient quarterbacks
2. Jabari Small rushes for over 1,100 yards
3. Cedric Tillman leads SEC in receiving
4. Tight ends grow in offense
5. Jalin Hyatt doubles his receptions
6. Tayven Jackson moves to 2nd on depth chart
7. Vols will surpass 2021’s scoring 39.3 points per game average

Every one except #3 and even it’s possible IMO

I say all except for #2. Heupel uses multiple RBs to keep them fresh. There are usually going to be 3 or 4 rushers in that 500-800 yard range. Heupel only has one 1000 yard rusher since becoming a head coach. We will have great team rushing stats but I just don’t see an individual getting to 1000 yards rushing.

I say all except for #2. Heupel uses multiple RBs to keep them fresh. There are usually going to be 3 or 4 rushers in that 500-800 yard range. Heupel only has one 1000 yard rusher since becoming a head coach. We will have great team rushing stats but I just don’t see an individual getting to 1000 yards rushing.

Close for me on that one…
I think our Pass Game will be better than last so that will open up the Run Game. So, I could see Small ripping off several 20-25+ runs a game. Also, I missed that extra Hundy and thought it said 1,000 so there’s that lol

Reactions: VolPack22
I don’t know how many of these will take place, but we need #1 to happen (not a stretch) and I am predicting #5 will happen. I’m expecting a big year from Hyatt.

1. Hendon Hooker will be one of the SEC’s most efficient quarterbacks

I concur because I think we have a bevy of very capable WRs. And the speed they're infected with will make YAC all but insane.

2. Jabari Small rushes for over 1,100 yards

Very possible, mainly because we have decent #2 and #3 backs who can spot Jabari to keep him fresh.

3. Cedric Tillman leads SEC in receiving

No, but he will be among the top 3 or 4. Other teams have a higher rated WRs, AND, he is known now, so expect his being double and triple teamed.

4. Tight ends grow in offense

Yes, and they're due.

5. Jalin Hyatt doubles his receptions

More than likely, yes. He benefits from our capable WRs being able to spot each other often to keep their legs fresh.

6. Tayven Jackson moves to 2nd on depth chart

Nope. You doubters underestimate the Milt man due to last season's incidents. He has a sense of urgency now and will make the absolute most of any chances he gets.

7. Vols will surpass 2021’s scoring 39.3 points per game average

Very likely, even if Captain Hook has to be taken out of a game or two due to injury or other cause. I see us averaging between 42 - 44 PPG.

That was my thought. Based on last season and Heup liking quick scores, any RB that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field gets a lot of carries. Small is certainly capable of a 1K yds but seems to have injury problems and is not fast enough to break the long ones, so that could also limit his carries next season. Hope all RB's have those 800 yd stats.

Reactions: VolPack22
I think 4 and 5 will happen. I'm not sure how you define the "most efficient QB" so I have no idea there. I think HH has a great year but I think some defenses have learned better how to defend this offense.

I think 4 and 5 will happen. I'm not sure how you define the "most efficient QB" so I have no idea there. I think HH has a great year but I think some defenses have learned better how to defend this offense.
The NCAA has a stat called “Passing Efficiency”. Hendon Hooker was 3rd in the country last season.

NCAA College Football FBS Stats | NCAA.com

1. I think he is already there and I think by the time that this season over he will have proved it somewhat easily he just fits the system to well. 2. is very possible because all he would have to do is avg. 92 ypg which is not really a high totally that pretty much right at 24 yards a quarter but the question is will Heupel allow because he does like to use 2 to 3 rb so it would take a lot of consistency and staying healthy. 3. I think it is possible but I don't see it happen because like the RB there is just too many hands in the fire I think it would be easier for Small to achieve 1100 yrds than Tillman leading the league in receiver it is not out of the question tho. For 2 and 3 to be answered someone would have to do some number searching and then break them down to see exactly what would need to be done number wise. 4. would be just basically pouring gas on the fire because a productive TE group would make this offense even more intimidating then it already is. 5. unless he just does not show up then I think this happens with ease because to double his numbers he would only need 42 receptions and in this offense we have done seen that is somewhat easy if you become one of the main targets which I think he becomes this year he always had the talent to do so. 6 Hendon Hooker just stay healthy. 7. No question I think this is very very likely I look for about 45 ppg with more confidence and understanding by almost everyone on the offense and what we return this one should be a no doubter.

1 and 4 are the only realistic choices imo. Small getting 1100 yards? Don’t know if he or our OL is good enough for that. As much as I love Tillman, I don’t think he has that top end talent to lead the SEC in receiving yards. TEs? Maybe but doubtful. Jackson moving past Milton? It’s possible but I think JM retains the backup role. As far as doing better than 39 ppg? I honestly see us taking a step back offensively. So no on #7.

I think some people are really underestimating Tillman. He finished 5th in the SEC in receiving and all the guys that finished ahead of him got drafted. The leading receiver in the SEC in 2021 was Jameson Williams at 1572 yards and averaged 104.8 yards/gm. Now, Alabama receivers always have the benefit of playing 15 games due to the SEC Championship and the Playoff, whereas our receivers will only get to play 13. So I will base leading the SEC in receiving off the 12-game regular season stats. It’s not really fair to compare stats whenever a team gets to play 2 more games than you. If you look at Williams’ numbers in the regular season he still had 105 yards/gm and 1261 total for the 12 games. I feel that is definitely attainable for Tillman. He finished last season on fire, 5 out of his last 6 games over 100 yards (3 of those 150+ yards) while averaging 131.2 yards/gm. I don’t think it’s crazy to think he will carry that over into this season and average 105-115 yards/gm and finish the regular season somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300 or 1400 yards.

VN Store

Back