How Many Games Do You Think The Tennessee Women's Basketball Team Will Win In 2019-2020?

How Many Games Will Coach Harper And The LadyVols Win In The 2019-2020 Regular Season?

• Less Than 10

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10-15

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 15-20

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • 20-25

Votes: 119 61.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 35 18.1%

• Total voters
Kellie won NC in her first three seasons as a Tennessee player, so there's no reason not to expect her to match that in her first three seasons as a coach.

Elite Eight in fourth season will be acceptable as long as it's just a one-year thing. Otherwise, Fours and Finals appearances.

~All these years later, it still chaps my cheeks that Kellie and the O.M. didn't get that fourth ring. Wanted it so badly for them. Also, it would be a great recruiting tool ( and reminder to team) that our coach finished her college career undefeated in NCAA tournament. Still, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Only a handful of players can claim that distinction.~

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I’ll be honest, Tennessee has a lot of reason to be dangerous next season. Even without Westbrook, our team is looking dangerous. The one thing I am excited about, is how deep we are going to be verses previous years. The post seems to be a big ? mark for me. Collins isn’t really a dominate post, she’s more of a mid range, and three point type post player. I’m hoping that Kushkituah can be more assertive and get into better shape this off season, she has all the tools to be a dominant force. Key, Saunders and Brown are still to be determined. Brown wasn’t a dominant player at Washington St. based on her stats, but I think she’ll have a key roll (spreading the floor and busting a zone). My starting 5 for what I know is Green, Davis, Horston, Kushkituah and Collins. We shall see!

I’ll be honest, Tennessee has a lot of reason to be dangerous next season. Even without Westbrook, our team is looking dangerous. The one thing I am excited about, is how deep we are going to be verses previous years. The post seems to be a big ? mark for me. Collins isn’t really a dominate post, she’s more of a mid range, and three point type post player. I’m hoping that Kushkituah can be more assertive and get into better shape this off season, she has all the tools to be a dominant force. Key, Saunders and Brown are still to be determined. Brown wasn’t a dominant player at Washington St. based on her stats, but I think she’ll have a key roll (spreading the floor and busting a zone). My starting 5 for what I know is Green, Davis, Horston, Kushkituah and Collins. We shall see!
I like that starting 5

Reactions: Vols2015
22 wins regular season. Conference games 11-5.

My wins guess is contingent upon the players not rolling up their shorts.

As to the total number of games we win, it will depend if we can find a true point guard and how aggressive we play. We also need both an inside and outside offensive game. In addition, we need to defend the paint much better. From what I have seen from watching several Missouri State game, KJH seems to have the defensive thing down. Her offense was okay, however, she will have a lot better players with offensive potential than she has had at her disposal. I think that the Lady Vols are in for a very positive season. I can see them winning at least 25 games.

S.C= win
Miss= win
Texas A& M= win
Kentucky= win
But most of these teams are weak.. we need strong teams.
I'm confused as to why you believe UT will beat SC next season or A&M for that matter? So this new coach of yours is just gonna come in & take over the SEC huh? Pretty funny actually. I'll believe it when I see it :)

Reactions: SCspur
I'm confused as to why you believe UT will beat SC next season or A&M for that matter? So this new coach of yours is just gonna come in & take over the SEC huh? Pretty funny actually. I'll believe it when I see it :)
Well, you see, this is a UT board. So people are optimistic, enthusiastic, even wear orange colored glasses. They look, for the most part, for the the best conclusion. I doubt you needed that concept explained to you. If you don’t like the UT fans’ postings, may I suggest you go read and post at Cocky Talk. You are in our house. The first question was legitimate, I would be inclined to ask it too, the last three were rude and confrontational. And I bet you know better. There’s a lot of rude and ugly people here as it is, a lot are trolls and fans of other teams looking for an opportunity to stir things up or cause trouble. Don’t be one of those. Be a South Carolinian.

Well, you see, this is a UT board. So people are optimistic, enthusiastic, even wear orange colored glasses. They look, for the most part, for the the best conclusion. I doubt you needed that concept explained to you. If you don’t like the UT fans’ postings, may I suggest you go read and post at Cocky Talk. You are in our house. The first question was legitimate, I would be inclined to ask it too, the last three were rude and confrontational. And I bet you know better. There’s a lot of rude and ugly people here as it is, a lot are trolls and fans of other teams looking for an opportunity to stir things up or cause trouble. Don’t be one of those. Be a South Carolinian.
No doubt. I'm all about healthy competition. I for one want to see the lady vols do better, & I know there will be some heated battles on the court for the next few years between these two teams (UT & SC). We should be in for a treat.

Reactions: SCspur and Will83
Kellie won NC in her first three seasons as a Tennessee player, so there's no reason not to expect her to match that in her first three seasons as a coach.

Elite Eight in fourth season will be acceptable as long as it's just a one-year thing. Otherwise, Fours and Finals appearances.

~All these years later, it still chaps my cheeks that Kellie and the O.M. didn't get that fourth ring. Wanted it so badly for them. Also, it would be a great recruiting tool ( and reminder to team) that our coach finished her college career undefeated in NCAA tournament. Still, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Only a handful of players can claim that distinction.~

I am all for optimism but these are not remotely equivalent situations. As a player, Kellie was on a team coached by CPS, in her PRIME, and she had the great Holdsclaw and then Tamika Catchings and Semeka Randall as her teammates. We are talking different worlds.

Like you, I get a sinking feeling whenever I think about that loss to Duke in the elite 8. I remember how they battled back from a big deficit only too lose down the stretch and that poor Chamique had the worst game of her career.

It seemed like the weight of expectations wore heavily on that team all season.

Last edited:
The LV won 19 games last year and shoulda/coulda won 5 more (which they gave away by a couple of points). With better coaching and good recruiting class I don't think it is delusional to expect 25 or more wins. Less will be a disappointment.
Absolutely true. But, I expect a disappointment. I normally compare losses more than wins, simply because additional post season play, including NIT, can fatten win totals but can add no more than one loss. Having said that, she'll likely have double figure losses, because she's only had one season where that didn't happen.

Reactions: CoryDallasLV
I am all for optimism but these are not remotely equivalent situations. As a player, Kellie was on a team coached by CPS, in her PRIME, and she Holdsclaw and then Tamika Catchings and Semeka Randall as her teammates. We are talking different worlds.

Like you, I get a sinking feeling whenever I think about that loss to Duke in the elite 8. I remember how they battled back from a big deficit only too lose down the stretch and that poor Chamique had the worst game of her career.

Exactly, madtown! On everything you just said.

I have re-watched that game several times, and it's just heartbreaking. Definitely the worst game of Chamique's UT career. She couldn't hit anything, and I'll never forget how devastate she was and Pat consoling her after that game. Semeka Randall had injured her ankle before that game, and she was really never the same player after that.

Reactions: madtownvol
Exactly, madtown! On everything you just said.

I have re-watched that game several times, and it's just heartbreaking. Definitely the worst game of Chamique's UT career. She couldn't hit anything, and I'll never forget how devastate she was and Pat consoling her after that game. Semeka Randall had injured her ankle before that game, and she was really never the same player after that.

Good point about Semeka; she unfortunately never did reach the heights of her freshman and sophomore seasons.

And then Tamika tore her ACL in her senior year which derailed the LVs national championship goals. Of course that is athletics; you have to take the highs with the lows.

Reactions: CoryDallasLV
As to the total number of games we win, it will depend if we can find a true point guard and how aggressive we play. We also need both an inside and outside offensive game. In addition, we need to defend the paint much better. From what I have seen from watching several Missouri State game, KJH seems to have the defensive thing down. Her offense was okay, however, she will have a lot better players with offensive potential than she has had at her disposal. I think that the Lady Vols are in for a very positive season. I can see them winning at least 25 games.
The point guard is going to be key. I would take an experienced grad transfer at point over a freshman, no matter how well they play in high school.

I am all for optimism but these are not remotely equivalent situations. As a player, Kellie was on a team coached by CPS, in her PRIME, and she had the great Holdsclaw and then Tamika Catchings and Semeka Randall as her teammates. We are talking different worlds.

Madtown, I was being facetious in the first part of the post to which you responded. It was not a comment on overly-optimistic fans; rather', it was directed at those negative comments from those who seem as though the only thing that would satisfiy them would be multiple national titles.

But as for the rest, i gave you a big "like" for perfectly capturing the feeling and game atmosphere of the regional final disaster that befell the team. If Chamique just has a really bad shooting night instead of an unthinkably bad night (for her), we win...and likely go on to repeat. But, as you say, expectations were so high after the u defeated season and returning all key players that the circumstances for a letdown were ripe. And we've seen many otber favorites in both men's and women's games succumb to that pressure, and it emphasizes how hard it is to repeat...and what a tribute it is to those who can pull it off.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back