How Many Games Do You Think The Tennessee Women's Basketball Team Will Win In 2019-2020?

How Many Games Will Coach Harper And The LadyVols Win In The 2019-2020 Regular Season?

• Less Than 10

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10-15

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 15-20

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • 20-25

Votes: 119 61.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 35 18.1%

• Total voters
I wonder who voted the LadyVols would win less than 10 games?o_O
hillbilly.jpg

She doesn't need to worry about won loss next season. If there are any problem players she needs to bench them and by the end of the season have a group of players developed that want to play team basketball. they will need to learn a new offense in order to compete at a high level. If they can run that effectively by mid-season great. I hope they win a lot of games but my expectations are low.
Thank you! Its great to be rosy and optimistic but ya'll are downright delusional. Have you forgotten where we're coming from? There's so much faith in this vast store of "talent" just waiting to burst forth, in spite of how they've actually played on court. The Magic Switch will be thrown and stars will emerge where there was once inconsistent, turnover prone, bewildered sadsacks. Because they were highly rated.

Truth is, we have no idea what "talent" we have. It's going to be a major job assessing the damage and repairing it. Before that even begins, there's a whole culture to revamp and repair. Lots of bad juju both on and off the court to get rid of. For this huge job we have a coach who we love, but who over 15 yrs has consistently been decent but not great. So yeah, that spells Final Four for sure.

Learn to be smart, focused, competitive, consistent and fun to watch. Improve steadily. Win 18 - 20 games (depending on how many cupcakes are frontloaded). Finish mid pack SEC. Win a few tourney games. I'll be happy. Anything more, I'll be extremely pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Truth is, we have no idea what "talent" we have.

If you had time to go back and watch every game again, you’d likely notice that there were moments in just about every game that showed why so many of our players were so highly touted in high school. A nifty move under the basket here, a brilliant pass there. A sweet fast-break run to perfection, a segment of intense and tenacious defense.

I spent the entire season thinking that “If she can make that insanely skilled move (or pass, block, rebound, screen, etc.) ONCE, she can play like that ALL the time!” There were sooooo many such moments like that for me this season, and they involved every member of the team. One player or another always seemed to do something truly impressive at some point in the game. Something that made everyone watching think, “Why isn’t THIS what we see more often?!”

So, yes, I feel like I have a good idea what talent we have. It’s there. I saw glimpses of brilliance too many times; things that players with no talent couldn’t do even once. Kellie just has to get them to show their talent consistently. It’s there!!!

Thank you! Its great to be rosy and optimistic but ya'll are downright delusional. Have you forgotten where we're coming from? There's so much faith in this vast store of "talent" just waiting to burst forth, in spite of how they've actually played on court. The Magic Switch will be thrown and stars will emerge where there was once inconsistent, turnover prone, bewildered sadsacks. Because they were highly rated.

Truth is, we have no idea what "talent" we have. It's going to be a major job assessing the damage and repairing it. Before that even begins, there's a whole culture to revamp and repair. Lots of bad juju both on and off the court to get rid of. For this huge job we have a coach who we love, but who over 15 yrs has consistently been decent but not great. So yeah, that spells Final Four for sure.

Learn to be smart, focused, competitive, consistent and fun to watch. Improve steadily. Win 18 - 20 games (depending on how many cupcakes are frontloaded). Finish mid pack SEC. Win a few tourney games. I'll be happy. Anything more, I'll be extremely pleasantly surprised.
The LV won 19 games last year and shoulda/coulda won 5 more (which they gave away by a couple of points). With better coaching and good recruiting class I don't think it is delusional to expect 25 or more wins. Less will be a disappointment.

Our team so far, is 2 Seniors: Lou, who didn’t play last year, and Kamera Harris, who didn’t play very much, 2 Juniors: Rennia and Kasi, whom we all hope will play very well this coming year, 4 Sophomores: all showed promise last year, but only two could score consistently as Freshmen, hoping for great improvement there, and 4 Freshmen: Tamari Key and Emily Saunders are 6’5, I believe, Jessie Rennie is a 3 point shooter from Australia, and Jordan Horston. They’ve obviously never played together before. We have a young team, and a new Coach, with great futures. Great we have high hopes for this team, hope we also have some patience for them to shine, because they will.

They will win 20-24 games IMHO. KJJH is an upgrade as coach but she has to grow into the job, I believe Holly would win 20 games next year if she had the same team as Harper. The difference is that Harper will grow into an elite coach while Holly will always be just an average coach who is at the end of her career and would underachieve until she retired.

The LV won 19 games last year and shoulda/coulda won 5 more (which they gave away by a couple of points). With better coaching and good recruiting class I don't think it is delusional to expect 25 or more wins. Less will be a disappointment.

Yeah, I was looking at this past season’s results again the other night and I counted four games that Tennessee absolutely should have won easily, and two more that should have been wins. If next year the team can turn those around that’s their 25. It’s possible, for sure!

That said, we really would be delusional if we thought that losing Evina, Meme AND Cheridene isn’t going to hurt — maybe a lot. All three of those players almost (I said almost!) always contributed something positive every game, so they’ll be missed.

Harper has a big job to do, no doubt, but she’s got the energy and the motivation AND some really good playes to work with.

I’m still checking the internet every few hours to see if the last crucial hire has been made yet. They may all be on the recruiting trail this weekend, too, so there’sno telling when I’m going to get a good night’s sleep again. lol

Yes, if this team had been able to close out some games defensively they could have 23-25 wins (and with that a higher seeding and perhaps a better run in the tournament. I don't think 25 win season is beyond reason. I don;t think this team was that broken that a motivated coach can't get them going on the right track. Just the clip of KJH's practice and the excitement demonstrating when Rae moved her feet to keep a player in front her and got a charge is a positive sign. How many times did the LVs just players blow by them on drive bys. I just think there had been no emphasis on that part of the game.

On the yeah but... side, we should not underestimate the loss of Cheridene Green who was a force on the offensive glass and did a pretty good job in defending the paint. Someone, KK or the freshman are going to have to fill that role.

And this team will again be relying on a freshman PG, though perhaps Massengale will be able to up her game as well.

PG and post are two iffey spots, though one can see a means for redressing these gaps. If they can get high quality play at PG and post, then this team could be formidable next season.

The SEC will with out a doubt be down. If our new coach stresses fundamentals, discipline and team play I can see 20 wins and 3rd in the SEC.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back